Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Before there were Band-aides ❯ Power? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Renard: Ok, ya, sorry it's taking me so long to update. Everything's been crazy so ya.

 

Yusuke: *claps* Good for u

 

Renard: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSUUUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *tackles Yusuke before he can walk off*

Yusuke: HEY, GET OFF ME!

Renard: HA! I WIN! ONWARD READ!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

Well, Mr. Short-Dark-and-Scary didn't seem to notice me, even after I was screaming at him for scaring me shitless. In fact, he never even opened those stupid little eyes of his. He had no special look on his face, and his tiny little mouth was nothing more then a straight line. Not even a frown! Well, that was enough to annoy me right there.

 

"Hey, yo, funky hair man!" I said, poking him gently. "Ya wanna like…wake up and socialize or something?" I continued poking him.

 

"That might not be a good idea." Yusuke commented, watching with interest as Hiei got more and more annoyed.

 

"O come on, he's like the size of my seven year old cousin…what's the worst…" I was cut off by his hand quickly seizing mine, and slowly twisting it. My shoulder instinctively followed the twist, trying to keep it from hurting too badly. "Ok, ok! Ollie Ollie Oxen free! LET GO YA TWIRP!" He let go, and I shook my aching arm out. "Holy crap you're evil." He gave me a half hearted "hn" and crossed his arms.

 

"Any particular reason you're here?" Yusuke asked, suddenly turning to me. I shrugged.

"Eh…I dunno. That's up for the jury to decide." I shrugged, and leaned on the wall next to Hiei, crossing my arms in an effort to piss him off.

 

Well, Kurama does hang out with an interesting bunch doesn't he? I thought, staring at the demon in question. He noticed my stare, and shifted almost unnoticeably. I smiled in satisfaction, and we fell silent.

 

"Well this is going somewhere in a hurry. Did you guys plan a random silence session or something? Or is this one of those moments where we all know what each other are thinking without saying and word, and you guys are testing it out to strengthen your bonds?" I asked, moving off the wall and trying to contain my own fit of laughter. I have to admit, every now and then I can crack a good one, right then was one of those moments. Well, the other three didn't seem to think so. Hiei didn't react at all, in fact he hadn't even opened his retarded eyes yet. Yusuke and Kurama were exchanging glances.

 

"Let me guess, you want me to leave right?" Yusuke nodded, Kurama looked at his feet. "Well, what the hell is so important that I can't hear? After all, I'm harmless…and it's not like I'm gonna tell anyone any of your special little secrets that I might overhear."

"Who ever said we were hiding something?" Yusuke asked suspiciously, eyeing me warily.

 

"Oh please, it's not that hard to figure out. You guys are like walking diary's just waiting to be opened by an innocent by stander. As far as I'm concerned, you've just been laid open on a public bench and I want something interesting to read." I'm pretty sure that metaphor confused Yusuke, because he just looked at me blankly. Kurama, obviously understanding what I meant, allowed a brief look of confusion to flash in those charming green eyes of his.

 

"You will not want to be involved in this." He said, a persuading look replacing the one of confusion.

"How do you know? Maybe I'm the kind of person you need to be involved in this. Besides, it was my window you crashed through." I smiled and blew him a kiss. Yusuke raised an eyebrow.

 

"I will pay you the money to replace the window." Kurama said, a slightly desperate look taking over.

 

"Hey, that's not what this is about. Although the money would be nice too." I grinned. "I just want a little adventure, and judging by the shape you're in," I looked at his cuts and bruises. "You get plenty of it." Yusuke was still staring at me with a raised eyebrow, and that slightly lost and confused look in his eyes. At this point, Hiei had opened his eyes…which oddly enough were small and red. Wow…is that natural? I shrugged. No one spoke.

"Ok alright, I know when I'm unwanted." I said, but I didn't move.

 

"Then why are you still here?" That was Hiei!

 

"Wow…Sleepy over there talked. Is this amazing or what?" I commented sarcastically, not being the type of person to care about how obnoxious people thought I was.

 

"Hn."

 

"Hey, don't go all shy like. We just reached a record." I figured that would piss him off, considering that I hadn't known him for more then five minutes and already I was making accusations. Again, no one spoke. I had a talent for creating awkward silences, and knowing that I had done it yet again put a rather large grin on my face.

 

All the sudden the door burst open and a rather tall guy was standing there smiling.


"Well, did you kick his ass yet foxboy?" The thing said, striding in confidently. "Hey who's that?" He asked, pointing to me. I rolled my eyes…and flipped him the bird behind my back.

 

"I'm a friend of Kurama's. Hello to you too." I said, glaring at him. He kind of blinked at me and then turned to Kurama.

 

"So did you kick his ass?"

 

"Unfortunately, Kuwabara, I became…distracted." He was still looking at his feet.

 

"Who's ass are we kicking?" I asked, looking between the four of them.

 

"That's none of your business." It seemed that Mr. Anti-Social only liked to speak in insults and grunts.

 

"Well it should be."

 

"Give us one good reason."

 

"Well, if you must know, I happen to be rather good at figuring out certain ruling aspects of a person's mind or emotions. Those two are practically the same in my eyes, so you get the point." Everyone looked rather confused. I sighed. "Fine, I'll give you an example. You are everyone's punching bag…and so you seem to always want to prove yourself." I said, pointing at Kuwabara. "You two, you both have secrets that you don't want certain people to know because you're afraid of the consequences." Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara gave me these really weird looks while Hiei just rolled his eyes.

 

"You don't understand what you're talking about so quit while you still can." Hiei threatened…well, I figured he was threatening anyway.

 

"Oh, stop playing games with yourself. You know that the only reason you won't tell anyone besides those who already know, is because you're afraid. Trust me, I've spent 17 years being afraid to tell people things." Hiei drew a breath to speak. "Hold it shorty. I know what you're going to say. Yes, you are older than me, but you've spent your entire life in denial. You've been telling yourself that you aren't weak enough for fear. Don't deny it kiddo, I can read you like a diary." I referenced the diary metaphor again. Hiei "hn-ed" and I threw my hands up. I hated it when people were defeated by my analysis because they always got all silent.

 

"Hey what about me?" Yusuke asked, a left out tone to his voice.

 

"You're not worth anazlizing."

 

"What?!" Yusuke loked pissed.

"Yah that's right. You're all over the place as far as emotions and crap goes, and besides, they're all boring and macho. Everything around you is all about beating the shit out of people and then laughing in their face." I turned away from him. "So have I convinced you that I'm not just some stupid little thing who's going to be in your way?

 

"No." Hiei answered almost immediately. I shrugged.

"Oh well, I'm here now so just try and stop me." I said, nudging Hiei, who was now wearing a death glare.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

Renard: Ok, sorry if that was bad, and sorry if anyone is ooc. I suck at that kind of stuff. Anyway, review please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Yusuke: *tied up to a chair, gagged* mmfglaggmffgolplfffmghhsfs!

Renard: But all of that aside, review or I'll cry and don't think I wont!