Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood and Fire ❯ HE WHAT?!?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I feel air around me, falling, it all come clear to me, why he sounded so calm. Well better that I fall. I smile, no this isn't killing myself, I'm falling. I didn't jump. I'll be free of this world. Free of my empty shell. Even if I don't hit the rocks there is a good chance I won't be able to fight against the current.

So this is what It's like to fly.

I expect to fall, to hit something but then there is something. And I'm no longer falling, flying…All there is…Darkness….beautiful darkness.

-------------------------

I saw the girl turn startled, saw the hope in her blank eyes. I had been watching her for some time. I sensed she was a ningen, but something was wrong. Something was different. Then…then she fell, I saw it coming but was surprised when she didn't scream.

I don't know what possessed me to catch the baka girl. There was something in her that was different I suppose. She was limp in my arms. Out could. She was smiling, why though? It looks like she wants to die? What in the seven hells would make a ningen want to kill themselves? All they are is ignorant, mindless creatures whose lives are controlled by feelings. Such weak creatures.

I look at the rushing water around us. There, that would do nicely. Under one of the ledges there was a place where I could put this baka down. As I placed her on the platform I studied her features. Small, it looked like she hadn't eaten I months. She had cuts on her face and hands. Why would this creature do this to herself?

I looked at her lost in this train of thought till I noticed something. She was stirring. Probably because of that fool yelling. Calling for someone. Hn, baka ningens. She seemed to be slowly coming to her senses.

"What happened?" She demanded. Her eyes still closed. What was she thinking? Does she not realize she fell of that ledge?

"Hn, you fell. I caught you." She had better not go crazing thanking me like those people do.

"YOU WHAT!?!?!?!?!?" As her eyes flew open revealing a startling glare. What the hell is this onnas problem. By the sound of her voice it sounds like she wants to fall to her doom. Why? What could have this effect on this baka? I simply look at her, while I search my head for the answer. There is something wrong with this girl, but the question is what?

---------------------

"YOU WHAT?!?!?!?!?" He saved me? How dare he. I glare at him. In fury I attack, blind fury. No longer is my mind in control. Only my senses. He looks surprised at first. Then amusement washes over his face. He holds me back, looking at me with curiosity. What could he be thinking? He smirked and I had had enough.

Sighing I take control over my body once again. Jerking away I glare. "Why?"

He just looks at me

"Why did you save me?" I repeat my question trying to ignore the part of me that wants to rip him to shreds.

And again he just looks at me.

Rolling my eyes I just leave. If he won't answer, I won't stay. No, I'll just get back to my room to see my "parents".

"Oh goody" I mumble, as I walk inside the building. Preparing to feel my foster parents' rage.