Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Captured by a Rose ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

 

Today, it was three days later. Tonight the moon would be full. Forlorn Hope would reach its maximum powers.

 

I couldn't concentrate in class with Kurama occupying my thoughts. "Kurama, you'd be not be doing anything stupid!" I warned him in my mind.

 

When class let out, I strolled by the main entrance to Sarayashiki Jr. High, only to recognize a familiar figure.

 

Kurama. He stood there, more calm and composed unlike a few days ago. He stepped forward, and then said, "Yusuke, I apologize for the way I acted. Usually I'm in control of my feelings, except this time…"

 

I smiled, both delighted and relieved to see him at the same time. "It's okay. No worries, alright?"

 

He nodded, returning my smile slightly. "Thank you, Yusuke-kun." For a moment I saw a faint redness in the corners of his eyes. It was apparent he cried a lot, feeling all those emotions he stuffed deep, down inside. He needed time alone for that.

 

"Yusuke-kun," he continued, "I'm heading to the hospital to visit my mom. The doctors said her condition has stabilized, so it's a relief for now, thank Kami-sama."

 

"I'm glad, Kurama-kun," I said.

 

"Would you like to come with me?" the kitsune asked.

 

I nodded. "Sure."

 

We arrived at the Nakayama General Hospital later that evening. An ambulance with its blaring sirens stopped short just before the entrance to the emergency room. Two paramedics swiftly carried out their victim on a stretcher, his head bloody and bruised. "God, it hurts! It hurts!" he yelled in horrific agony.

 

"Those old bones, they won' last," mumbled an elderly lady on her can hobbling over in pain to the main entrance.

 

I hated hospitals. It was where people came to die, reminding me of a gateway to the world of death itself.

 

"Yusuke, you okay?" questioned Kurama abruptly.

 

"Yeah, I will be," I sighed.

 

Seeing my distress, Kurama took my arm in his, leading me through this gateway to the world of death, as I called it. On the fourth floor in room A, with Minamono written on it, waited Kurama's mother.

 

She was a sweet lady in her middle ages, but sadly her emaciated frame aged her more. "Who's there?" she cried weakly through unopened, wrinkled eyes.

 

"Mother!" Kurama ran to her side, learned over, hugging her tightly. "Oh Mother, I'm so happy to see you. I missed you. I dreamed last night that you might have…died."

 

"But dear, the doctors said I'm stable…" she uttered feebly, trying to comfort her beloved son.

 

"The doctors lie, even when someone's on their death bed," rejoined Kurama sorrowfully, his voice full of doubt.

 

"I'll be fine, I promise, okay, Shuichi-kun?" she whispered through a forced smile.

 

"Alright, Mom. I'll be back in a bit, so get some rest." Kurama released her, coming over to me.

 

"I'd like a breath of fresh air," I told him.

 

On the roof of the hospital the cool night wind blew softly. Kurama closed his eyes, breathing it in deeply. He strolled over to the edge of the roof. He paused. His tall, handsome, silhouette cut a lovely form against the round shape of the full moon, which enveloped him in a silvery, luminescent light. It's almost as if the moon herself deliberately cast upon him a soft shimmer of light to bring out every aspect of his beauty.

 

"Kurama," I said softly, stepping closer to the object of my affections.

 

"Yusuke," he echoed back. "Thank you for being my…friend."

 

I approached him, narrowing the space between us. "Your welcome. Remember when we first met?"

 

"I do," recalled Kurama. "Trapped in my own world, I was drowning in my own pain. You were the one person who reached out, and said, `It's okay, Kurama-kun. Share your pain with me.' We grew close, and our friendship has helped me face that pain." Kurama made eye contact with me. "Why did you reach out to help me, Yusuke-kun?"

 

His large green eyes, reflected the glow of the moonlight, gazed longingly into mine, waiting for an answer. I retreated into myself searching for an answer. I discovered deep, powerful feelings, yet I couldn't express them. "Kurama, that's a difficult question. I find it hard to answer…"

 

"Do you?" Kurama teased me, chuckling lightly. "Feelings are complicated. In due time, the words will come."

 

The lovely red head turned around, passing by me close enough so that our cheeks brushed slightly.

 

I grew beet red, flushed with embarrassment. "HEY! What's the big idea!?"

 

Kurama laughed. "Oh, its nothing."

 

That night on the roof we relaxed and joked with one another in a way, that for the first time felt normal and pleasant.

 

To be continued…