Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Couldn't Say No ❯ caught ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chap 1)
Yusuke sat half naked on his bed staring blankly at the wall. He didn't know how or why he'd let this happen. Why he brought it into their house, why he didn't get up when he heard her coming. Yuskue loved his wife Keiko. She was his world. Yet he couldn't say no. He couldn't say no to this girl he just met at a bar. To this girl he barley knew. Maybe it was the drinks but that wouldn't explain him taking her number, calling her again and again. He never told her he was married or that he had children. He took her to all the places he and Keiko used to go. Before she got that job that consumed her life. That kept her away from him. Maybe that's what drew him to this girl. She was there when Keiko was gone. She filled the, or at least he thought she did, hole in his heart.
`Aaralyn'
(Scene)
Thud.
The sound of a purse hitting the ground. Shocked the to lovers apart. There standing in the doorway was a teary eyed Keiko staring at them in disbelief.
Yusuke…” Her lips trembled as they said his name. Her form started to shake. “How could y-” Yusuke felt his heart break as he watched the tears fall from her eyes.
No Keiko I…it's not…please don't cry…I” He found it hard to make the words come out right. He started to come off the bed towards her. All he wanted was to hold and comfort her, stop the tears.
Don't come near me,” she backed up “I hate you. I hate you!” She ran out the room. There was the thumping of her feet clumsily going down the stairs and the loud slam of the front door.
Who the hell was that.” Aaralyn demanded glaring at the man next to her.
Yusuke glared back. Not answering he started dressing.
Boy you better not ignore me. Who was that?”
My wife.” His voice was a low whisper.
Wife! You're fucking married?” Yusuke glared harder at her. “Get out. Now.” He was suddenly disgusted with the beauty beside him. Thinking it was all her fault that this happened.
Gladly. You fucking bastard.” Lyn grabbed her clothes and quickly started dressing. Here she was again thinking she was in love with a good man that was down for her and only her. But once again she was wrong this bastard was married. And worse off brought her here into his home and he didn't look surprised that his wifey was home either. What ever was going on in their marriage meant nothing to Lyn, until Yusuke decided to bring her into it. Aaralyn knew one thing and one thing for sure, she would never play the other woman.
Yusuke watched her throw her shoes on and leave.
(Scene)
Yuskue pulled out his wallet and stared at the picture of him and Aaralyn in a photo booth at the fair. Aaralyn truly was a beautiful person. Her mahogany hair was worn down in the picture with a hair clip pulling the font back from her caramel face. Her expression was priceless with Yusuke whispering in her ear. Yuskue didn't hate her. He love her. But he also loved Keiko, and was prepared to do anything to make things right.
“Daddy? Mommy?” a small voice called from down the stairs. Instantly Yuskue shot up. He forgot all about Hiro his five year old son. He was supposed to be at a sleepover tonight. But sure enough there he was the small messy haired boy Yusuke called son.
“Hiro? What are you doing here.” He questioned the boy.
“Oh I'm sorry Hiro got a little sick and wanted to come home. His throat seems a little red.” A middle aged woman spoke up. This was Martha Hiro's friend Hikaru's mother.
“Oh. You alright?” His attention was back on his son. Hiro nodded.
“Well just wanted to make sure someone was home. There was no answer at the door.” She made to leave.
“Thank you.”
“No problem get better soon Hiro the boys will miss you.” She left. Yusuke sighed and looked at his son. He still had things to sort out but his child always comes first.
“Come on champ, let's get you up stairs.” He carried the boy upstairs to his bedroom. After making sure Hiro was comfortable he left to get some medicine from the cabinet. What was he going to tell his son? Hopefully he wouldn't have to, hopefully this would all be over soon.
“Okay here ya go,” Yusuke walked back in. “says here you gotta take one tsp. So open up.” The boy held his mouth shut. “Come on Hiro I'm not in the mood take your medicine.” Hiro opened his mouth slowly he knew that tone.
“Where's mommy?” He said after washing down the medicine with some water. “ She's better at this.”
“She's not coming home tonight, but don't worry kiddo she'll be back soon.” He hoped.
“So jus you and me.”
“Yup it's just us.” Hiro stayed quiet as if thinking the idea over.
“Okay. That's gwood.”
“Great now go to bed you need to rest.” Yusuke flipped on the night light. “Goodnight daddy loves you.”
“Lub you too, night.” Yusuke smiled at the little boy before leaving. Now he knew what really mattered in all this. His son Hiro. So all feelings for Aaralyn put to the side he knew what he had to do. First thing tomorrow he was going to set things straight.
(Scene)
“She walked in on you and…uh what's-her-name!?” Kuwabara repeated. He knew all about Yusuke's affair as did Kurama and Hiei. None of them approved (Hiei simply didn't care) but what could they do Yusuke was their friend they wouldn't tell Keiko, just hoped he would come to his senses.
“Her names Lyn, and that's what I said.” Yuskue's tone was that of an annoyed one.
“Urameshi how could you! Especially to Keiko she never did anything to deserved that. You're he husband!”
“Ya think I don't know that!”
“Kuwabara's right Yusuke. You just threw away your marriage for some hooker you met at a bar.” Kurama's tone was sharp.
“She's not a hooker alright, and Lyn got hurt to.”
“If I didn't know any better detective, I'd say you were in love with this woman.” Hiei stated now interested in the conversation. All heads turned to Yusuke awaiting his answer.
“Okay maybe I do, just a little bit. But that doesn't matter. I have to make things right with Keiko. For Hiro's sake.” Yusuke explained. “He deserves a whole family, to see his mommy and daddy together happily.”
“But will it be happy?” Kurama inquired.
“Huh?”
“You say you're doing this for your son, but what about you. You claim your love for Keiko is strong, but is it stronger than you're love for this other girl.” Yuskue never thought about that. He just concluded that Keiko was the right choice for his family. After all that's all that really matters right?
“Look she's the mother of my child. My wife. Lyn…Lyn is just someone I can talk and have fun with. Besides she probably hates me now anyways. So what's it matter my feeling for her? What's it matter my feeling for Keiko? All that matters is Hiro. He hasn't done anything and shouldn't have to suffer from my mistakes. I'm getting back with Keiko, so are you gonna help me or what?” They were silent.
“Oh for Pete's sake. First you yell at me for cheating, now you argue with me for wanting to get back with my wife!” He was pissed. This isn't how it was supposed to go. They were supposed to say how they were glad he came to his senses. But no. They just had to start caring about his feeling.
“Calm down Urameshi, were just saying you should think about you in this situation. I mean what if you two get back together but you're not happy, huh? How'd you think Hiro would feel knowing he's the reason you're so unhappy? I mean, a separated family is better than an unhappy one right?”
“Look I made my decision already. Now are you going to help me or not!” He didn't come here for a lecture or to be judged.
“Alright.”
“Fine.”
“Hn.”
(Two weeks later)
After two weeks of apologies, and hard conversation, Yusuke finally convinced Keiko to come home. She hadn't forgiven him, but choose to put it behind her. For the sake of their family and she had no trouble constantly reminding him. Which didn't satisfy Yusuke one bit. He needed to be sure nothing would break them up again which meant he needed her to trust him again. To love him again. Which is why he planed a cruise for `the family'. One month on a large ship sailing the ocean. It was the most romantic thing he could think of that involved a kid friendly environment for Hiro. And thanks to Kuwabara's connection with the caption he got the tickets on a low discount. Now all he needed was to convince Keiko to go. Which is easier said than done.
“Com'on Keiko it's just for a month.” Yuskue begged massaging his wife's shoulders slowly.
“ Just a month.” She sounded skeptical pulling away. “Yusuke I have a job and school. Unlike you I'm making something out of my life. I can't just go off whenever I please.”
“ What do you mean unlike me. I have a job.”
“Oh yes that little radio show of yours. And how much exactly do you make a month Yusuke huh? Barely enough to pay all these bills.”
“Well I might have more money if I didn't have to pay for your stupid mother to stay at that stupid fancy-smancy Home Sandy Pines. Why couldn't you just put the old bat in the senior section at the hospital.”
“Yusuke! Don't you refer to my mother like that! And Sandy Pines is a well organized, fun, and safe environment for her.”
“Yeah but I don't see you paying the bill. Miss. Career Woman.”
“Because I have to pay for my schooling.”
“I don't see why you need more schooling anyway.” His voice slightly rising. He hated when she did this. Always throwing it in his face that she made more money than him. Sure he didn't have his own office, or work for some big company but at least he had a job. “You already graduated that other college. If you can't get a descent job with that-”
“I'm in medical school now, that college just prepared me for this.” This was going no where.
“Okay whatever, look just come. One month won't hurt you you're super smart plus weren't you just not to long ago complaining about needing a break this is it.”
“What about my job. I'm the head accountant I can't just take off for a month.”
“Yeah but don't you have some vacation time saved up.” He knew he had her.
“Yeah but-I. Ugh!” She collapsed on the coach giving up. Yusuke headed up the stairs grinning madly. “I'll start packing. We leave Monday”
(Scene)
Hiro sat quietly on a large suitcase watching Yuskue uncharacteristically fold clothes.
The little boy had came in an hour ago and hasn't said anything yet. Yuskue knew there was something on his son's mind but the fact that he hadn't asked it yet worried him.
“Okay what's up? I know it's weird to see daddy doing house work, but the quiet staring is starting to scare me.”
“Do you and mommy hate each other?” the seriousness of the question threw Yusuke off.
“No. Why would you think that?”
“You fight and don't kiss anymore.” Hiro stared at his hands as he spoke.
“Were just kind of upset about something's. But we're working it out.” It wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either. Just a little sugar coated. Hiro seemed to except it.
“Why are you folding?”
“Oh I haven't told you yet.” Yusuke lifted Hiro off the suitcase and began packing. “Where going on a cruise for the month.”
“Like on a boat! Where are we going?” Hiro's mood changed instantaneously.
“The boat isn't taking us somewhere, well not exactly, we don't get off the boat till we come home.” Hiro nodded. “Why don't you go have your mother help you pack.”
“Okay.” Yusuke collapsed on the bed smiling slightly. In two days they'd be out in the sea. He'd have his chance to make things right. A whole month with no interruptions.
(FIN)