Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Couldn't Say No ❯ not so smooth begining ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Chap 2)
“Aaralyn Anika Angel if you don't get your ass down here!” An annoyed Tattionna yelled at her cousin from the bottom of their stairs. After pulling a lot of strings Tattionna was able to get her baby cousin a good paying job with her working for a big luxury cruise line. It only ran during summer so they'd have to find work for the rest of the year, but the same people were always hired back the following year. Which was more of a plus for her than Lyn seeing as how Lyn's been living with her rent free for three months now. Tattionna loves her baby cousin and all but the girl needed to get a job and out of her squat.
“Hold up Tatti, this mess confusing. It's to early for this. How I put this bow on?” Glancing her watch Tatti replied back. “It don't matter we'll fix it later. Afeni and Them gon be here in a minute. Come on!” This was so typical. They were going to be late on their first day. Tattionna walked over to the large stereo and pushed play on the first track. Instantly the sounds of `Erotic City' by Prince filled the air. Tattionna laughed as memory of when they first moved in came to her. Five years back. You see their family is a very diverse one. Tattionna her self is Puerto Rican and Spanish, while Aaralyn is Black and Spanish. Their ties through mothers. In fact the only Japanese in their family was Haruki the girls great grandfather. And the reason why most of the large family relocated to Japan. The looks on the neighbors' faces was priceless. But not as much as the taxi men who had Tattionna and her Mother bumping Prince `Darling Niki' `Get off' `Erotic City' and of course `Bambi'. Yup it took people awhile to get used to the family. Now that she was on her own in a whole new city Tattionna wasn't surprised that she was known here.
 
Bounding down the stairs came Aaralyn her hair tight back in their fresh braids. Her makeup light and green contacts on. Her uniform, which was a lavender shoulder top with white shorts covered by a blue wrap, toped off with a butterfly bow, was a little off. Tattionna noticed looking the girl over. Despite her lightly tanned skin and straight auburn locks the two could have been twins.
“See you got yours done right, why mines all stupid and lopsided.” Aaralyn complained fiddling with her bow.
“Come here stand still.” Tatti commanded Lyn standing up to help.
“Ooh they're here lets go!” Tattionna sighed and grabbed her three bags. `here we go'
(Scene)
“Sheesh Keiko did you have to bring so many bags?” Yuskue complained hailing the fifth of her bags onto the loading ramp where they'd be taken to the room.
“Well I have school work and studying to do. Besides some people actually care about their personal hygiene.” Yuskue frowned at that statement as a memory of Aaralyn flowed through his mind.
(Flashback)
A sweat stained Yuskue collapsed down next to Aaralyn on her light tan loveseat. He had just helped her move into her new apartment which just happened to be on the sixth floor.
“Tired love.” She joked at his sweaty face. Yuskue replied by lying his sweaty head in her lap. “Eww! No! Get up you're getting your sweat all over me. Go take a shower or sumthin”
“ To tired.” Yusuke grabbed her thigh like he would a pillow. “Relax your thigh is tight.” Closing his eyes Yusuke her Aaralyn give an annoyed sigh before relaxing.
“Oh Yuskue I love you and all your funky hygiene.” She kissed his forehead before leaning back on the loveseat.
(end)
“Yuskue!” Keiko yelled as her bag slipped threw Yusuke's hands bringing him back to reality. Yuskue went to grab it again when an attendant came over.
“That's alright sir. You should have been given someone to help you. Please continue while I handle these.”
“Yeah, sure.” Yuskue answered the man straightening out. They continued walking. After about half an hour of security, checking in ,and unpacking the Urameshi `family' was finally settled in and relaxing when a knock came at the door.
“Good morning Urameshi family.” She spoke with a suppressed Irish accent, though her skin was a light caramel. “I'm Afeni Shea. I will be your personal escort for today. Would you like a tour of the ship?”
“No thank you we're just settling in.” Keiko spoke. Looking up from her book, and ignoring the look Yusuke was giving her.
“Okay well if you need my services(don't think dirty)-”
“Actually I would like a tour of the ship. What about you Hiro?” Yusuke interrupted.
“Yeah!” Hiro cheered from his top bunk.
“Um alright. Would the Mrs. Urameshi like to join us?” Afeni looked bored.
“No.”
“You sure-”
“NO! Yuskue. Just leave.” then softly she said to Hiro “Have a good time sweetie.”
“Umm.” Afeni looked oddly at them.
“Just ignore her let's go.” Yusuke snatched Hiro off the bunk and into his arms. Outside the room Afeni's demeanor completely changed from serious and formal to loud and goofy. The tour took about two hours to complete ending at the children's play room.
“Hey kiddo.” Yuskue bent down to Hiro. “How about you play here for awhile with Afeni while I go talk to mommy. Is that okay?”
Hiro nodded taking his popsicle out his mouth. “ Are you and mommy going to fight again?”
“I told you me and mommy aren't fighting.” Yusuke sighed. `Well hopefully not after this' “Now go ahead and play but stay here.”
(Scene)
“Babysitting!” Aaralyn sounded skeptical, “You want me to watch some snot nose kids all day!” And she wasn't lying already she had seen three kids who didn't quite understand tat their hands are not tissue.
“ Calm down Lyn it's only for a couple hours then you work restaurants with me.” Tattionna explain once again fixing Lyn's bow.
“Yeah a couple hours of hell. You know I'm no good with children. The little devils hate me.”
“Why are you so overly dramatic girl. Them children ain't gon do nothin.”
“Yes they will. Kids are needy they forever needing something. How am I supposed to know what it is. And if I get it wrong the little boogers start up with the tantrums. They do it just to spite me.”
“Uh-uh. There are other assistants out there so don't trip just go get it over with at least you don't have to be like Feni showin folks around all day, speaking of which there's the little leprechaun now. Feni!” Aaralyn watched Afeni walk up to them with a little boy at her side. He was young maybe five with a half eaten big stick in his hand the remains of it around his mouth. But what caught her was his eyes those big chocolate eyes almost like-.No now she was being weird. She had promised herself not to think of that man.
“Hey Lyn got another one for ya. Goes by the Hiro and apparently he's an ice cream fiend here to turn himself in.” Afeni joked. The child's center was like a prison except instead of gruel the kids were fed sprinkles.
“He been finger printed yet?”
“Yup He's all your. Hiro this is officer Angel she's gonna take you where you can get help with your addiction.” The boy Hiro nodded looking a little confused. “Good now I gotta go duty calls. Come on Tatti before the men finish rubbin down.”
“Wait ya'll getting a massage. While I'm getting snotted on your getting rubbed down. That ain't right.!” Aaralyn whined to her cousin and friend.
“Yeah but it's life. See ya later Lyn.” Tattionna replied smirking. Sighing Aaralyn looked down at Hiro. “Guess it's just you and me partner let's go help out that addiction. You like cookies n cream?”
(Scene)
As quietly as he could Yusuke snuck back into his suite and creped up on his wife. After leaving Hiro with Afeni Yusuke had rushed to one of the ships restaurants and made reservations for dinner tonight at six.
“Keiko.” he whispered in her ear quietly. “Whatcha doin?” she grunted turning the page of her book. “Whatcha reading?”
“Go away.”
“Why?”
“I'm trying to relax.” He grinned at her annoyance. Whenever she got like this it was easy to make her say yes(stop thinking dirty). “Where's Hiro?”
“Oh he's playing at the children's center. I left him with Afeni about an hour or so ago.” She shut her book. “You left my son at a children's center with that women.” Yuskue took a step back from the look he was getting.
“Calm down Keiko it's just a play area and Hiro wanted to stay. Besides what's so bad about Afeni she seems pretty nice.”
“Nice!” Here we go “Nice! Did you see the way she was looking at me. And thing she was wearing with her chest all pushed up. ”
“That's the uniforms and given the guy show chest. And well you did kind of make a bit of a scene.” Yuskue winced at what he said.
“What! So your taking her side now!”
“Look I'm not taking her side okay and If you don't like her neither do I.”
“Good now go get my son.”
“Alright but on more thing, I made reservations for dinner at six.”
“Fine Yuskue just bring me my baby.”
That was enough for Yuskue he was out the door quick. If he stayed in there any longer he would have exploded. Why does everything have to be an argument with her. Even when they were just newly weds they fought constantly but a make up was never far away. The longest they ever fought was bout a week and then it was over. He never really minded it before because there was love behind the fights. But the part of it that was really getting to him was the thought's that went through his head when they fought. Now he's finding himself comparing Keiko to Aaralyn. To tell you the truth Yuskue has never been with anyone but the to girls and wasn't sure where his affection lied deeper between the to. Not that it mattered he would never see Lyn again.
Finally reaching the Children's center Yuskue headed to the play room where he left his son two hours ago. There was a lot more kids than when he was there earlier most of them between ages 4 and seven but no Hiro.
“Hey excuse me I'm looking for my kid. I left him here a couple hours ago.” He asked on of the workers as he walked by.
“What his name?”
“Hiro Urameshi.”
“Oh yeah the loud boy Feni came with. He's in the game room big red door you can't miss it.”
“Thanks.” Yuskue hesitated not knowing whether to be happy about that or not. But like the man said Hiro was indeed in the game room. They played around for another hour until Yuskue realized the time and rushed back to the room to get Keiko.
(Scene)
As quickly as she could Aaralyn rushed to scribbled down the orders of two customers as a pair from another table shouted for her. Personally she preferred the children. That one boy Hiro wasn't so bad for a kid at least. They had ice cream and played in the ball pit until her shift was over. Now she is working with Tattionna at one of the smaller of the ships three restaurants.
“So two salmon and a salad.” Getting the okay Aaralyn gave the orders to the chiefs. One more hour and her shift was over. All she could say about this experience was at least the tips were good she'd never been tipped 25% before. And the normal pay was good to. She is given two weekends off and allowed three sick days being paid thirty dollars an hour and on a six hour day that's $180 a day. So at the end of the month she would be paid 4,320. this job was well worth the motion sickness she'd been getting. Aaralyn reached for the plates when Tattionna grabbed them instead.
“I got it amor. Go handle these last customers.”
“That's cool Tatti but I'm already serving these people.”
Sé pero el hombre en esa tabla es caliente!” Aaralyn mouth an `oh' then went to serve the new customers. When she reached the table they were to be placed she was turned around by a fellow waiter needing help with the table next to her. After finally finishing with those people Aaralyn turned around to greet her last table for the night.
“Excuse me may I take…your…order.” Aaralyn's speech slowed as she realized who it was she was talking to. Sitting at that table was a shocked Yusuke, his pissed looking wife, and a happy looking Hiro.
(Extremo)
NayNay-Okay there's the second chapter. The bit of Spanish up there says “I know but the man at that table is fine.” I think…my Spanish is slipping. I know I left at an evil spot but that's what I do.