Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing Paths ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shio: Yo. This is your friendly authoress. I would just like to say that I don't own the Yu Yu Hakusho characters. However the American teens are of my creation. Except Ro sorta belongs to my friend I just use her in almost every one of my stories.
 
Kurama: Hey Shio.
 
Shio: Yay! Kurama-kun.
 
Kurama: Just read the story before she goes into a fit.
 
Ro: Did I miss something?
 
Shio: Ro! Yay!
 
Ro: Hey Shio-chan have you seen Hiei-kun?
 
Shio: Nope. Maybe he'll come up in the next Author note.
 
Ro: Koolioz.
 
Kurama: Enjoy. ^-^
 
 
 
Prologue
 
“Kate. I'm telling you. It started with it.” A girl with white hair said.
 
“Ro-chan it didn't go like that.” A girl with lavender hair replied.
 
“What are Ro and Kate talking about?” A boy with dark brown hair asked.
 
“About… Um it was hot dogs. Hey Ro what's the topic this time?” a dirty blond haired boy asked.
 
“Cookies. You see I'm trying to convince Kate-chan here that chocolate chip cookies are related to Oreos. Oreo's being sandwich cookies are distant cousins of ice cream sandwiches. Ice cream sandwiches are related to deli sandwiches. Making Oreos related to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.” Ro smiled.
 
“Idiot. Oreos are not related to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.” Kate sighed as she slapped her head.
 
“You agree with me don't you Chris?” Ro whined to the blond.
 
“Sure. I'm going to hit the sack. See ya.” Chris yawned.
 
“You have last watch!” Kate yelled back.
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Chris waved as he entered the tent.
 
“Let's play poker.” The brunette said pulling out cards.
 
“Sure.” Ro said.
 
“Hey James. What time is it?” Kate asked off handedly.
 
“About ten why?” The brunette asked.
 
“You guys should get some rest. Ro you have midnight shift.” Kate said.
 
“Okay. See ya in the morning Kate. `Night Ro.” James said and disappeared into the tent.
 
“Hey Kate you haven't slept in a week you okay?” Ro asked.
 
“The com isn't working. I'm just worried. Koenma said we would get a connection from him five days ago.” Kate muttered.
 
“Kate-chan?” Ro said worriedly.
 
“Huh? Oh. Ro I have a question? How long do you think we have before we get to weak to keep demons off of our trail?” Kate asked.
 
“Hey don't worry. We got our brilliant minds plus Koenma will send back up.” Ro said reassuringly.
 
“Ya sure. Why do we even bother with this stupid camera? It's just a pain.” Kate said pointing at the red blinking light.
 
“Cuz we can see how much stronger we need to get.” Ro smiled.
 
“Yeah. Man do I miss school. At least there I can get in trouble by someone who is at least a little sane.” Kate sighed then looked at Ro who was staring at nothing in particular. “Hey we'll get through this. If not I'm going to kick Koenma's but.”
 
“I'll help.” Ro smiled then got up and headed towards a sleeping bag. “Good night, Kate-chan.”
 
The young demoness stared at the stars then pulled out her communicator. She opened it up hopping to see George the blue ogre but just got that dreaded `snow'. She looked around uneasily then jumped onto a tree branch. The only thing going through her mind was how much she missed her mom. Kate then did a back flip off the branch just before it shattered into a thousand pieces.
 
“Shit” She growled and looked around for the source of the attack to see a dark haired boy flipping a rock in his hand. Kate smiled and jumped onto the ground.
 
“Kate why don't you take a break?” He suggested.
 
“Oh and who would actually take care of every one?” Kate asked putting her hands onto her hips.
 
“Oh, I don't know maybe one of the others?” The boy teased.
 
“Really funny Kira.” Kate said.
 
“I wasn't trying to be.” He stated.
 
“Whatever. I'm just a little edgy with the whole fact that Koenma hasn't even contacted me.” Kate said.
 
“He's just trying to test us.” Kira said.
 
“I wish.” Kate sighed.
 
“You know it won't be that bad.” Kira said sitting down on a boulder.
 
“How do you know that? You know that we aren't as strong as we were a week ago.” Kate said joining him on the rock.
 
“Kate all you have to do is keep a strong belief in the fact that you will live and every thing will be alright.” Kira said.
 
“Ack!” Kate squeaked as her pocket chirped.
 
“See.” Kira smiled.
 
“Hello?” Kate said.
 
“Kate. Oh thank God. I'm going to send a portal right away. I thought we lost you.” Koenma's expression changed quickly from worry to relief.
 
“Okay I'll get every one.” Kate jumped off the rock and raced to the campsite.
 
“What?” Ro asked as she was awoken from her dream.
 
“Wake up!” Kate screamed causing the sleeping boys to almost destroy the tent they were in.
 
“What in the bloody Hell was that?” James yelled in reply as he came out of the tent.
 
“Were going home gentlemen.” Kate smiled pointing at the portal that appeared next to her.
 
Cheers erupted from the campsite.