Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing Paths ❯ U.S. meet Japan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shio: My story… *cries*
 
Kurama: For goodness sake.
 
Shio: I'm just so happy. *sniff*
 
Ro: Kitsune messed up your room again.
 
Shio: What? *angrily yells* I'm gonna kill him.
 
Ro: but he is so cute. Ah, oh well here is the story.
 
Kurama: Enjoy.
 
 
 
Chapter one: U.S. meet Japan
 
“Koenma I never thought I'd be happy to see you and your pacifier!” Exclaimed Ro happily.
 
“Hey! It's so great to see a TV!” Chris smiled.
 
“Damn. You know you owe Kate an apology she almost had a heart attack every day.” Kira said.
 
“Koenma you ass! What the hell was that?” Kate said as she came through the portal.
 
“Kate, everyone. I'm sorry. The communicators went out. I didn't mean for this to happen.” Koenma said. He was in his teenage form with his head bowed.
 
“What else?” Kate asked nervously.
 
“The American spirit detectives are being transferred. We need more help in Japan.” Koenma said.
 
“Yes another field trip.” James smiled.
 
“The gamers paradise!” Chris exclaimed.
 
“Are you serious?” Ro asked in aw.
 
“No.” Kate stated simply.
 
“Kate-chan its Japan we've always wanted to go.” Ro tried to pursue the demoness.
 
“Oh sure and try to fit in some where else I think not. Besides my mom would never let me. Ro you know you're only going to be ale to go because your mom is more open minded. And you guys are eighteen. I have no chance in going.” Kate stated.
 
“Kate you're mom agreed and as far as fitting in you're a bright girl and I bet you can figure out a way to make it work.” Koenma said.
 
“Ya whatever. I'm going home. If you guys want me to go then talk to me tomorrow.” Kate yawned and left.
 
“Fine. I'm going to pack tomorrow.” James said.
 
“I'll think of something to say to Gina.” Chris replied to James and the two left.
 
“Hey Koenma are we going to fly or use a portal?” Kira asked.
 
“Plane.” Koenma answered absent-mindedly.
 
“Koenma Don't worry she just needs sleep.” Kira reassured the demi-god and left.
 
“Lord Koenma the boys are here.” Botan said.
 
“Send them in. Oh Ro you'll get her to come right? She listens to you.” Koenma said.
 
“No problem Jr.” Ro saluted.
 
“Thanks.” Koenma smiled.
 
Ro left but stopped at the door as some boys filed in. Two were arguing in Japanese and the other two were just ignoring them. Ro smiled and walked out.
 
~*~*~*~
 
“It's six twenty-seven and it's time for the news. There have been reports of arson around the great lakes and a man was arrested in L.A. for trying to bring a switchblade onto a plane.” The alarm next to Kate's bed said and then a song by Maroon 5 started playing.
 
“I'm up. I'm up. Jeez.” Kate said and glared at her clock. “Man I don't even know why I still have my alarm on. I'm going to be leaving for Japan soon.” Kate muttered darkly to herself.
 
The young girl had lavender hair and bright blue eyes. She was about 5' 7 and skinny. She was wearing a spaghetti strap shirt for a pajama top that had a power button on it and black lounge pants. She went to the bathroom and turned the shower on. After her shower she went into her room and put on a tank top that had `Baka' on it. She pulled on some low-rise light blue jeans and slipped on some flip-flops. She pulled her hair back into a French braid. And applied some make up. As she was brushing her teeth her phone began to ring. Kate finished up quickly and answered the phone right as the recorder went on.
 
“Paterson residence. Kate speaking.” Kate answered.
 
“Hey Kate-chan. I was wondering if you want to go get new clothes for our trip.” Ro's voice pleaded.
 
“Hey why not. Most of my cloths would probably scare them.” Kate said.
 
“Cool. I'm right out side your house so get you butt out here.” Ro laughed.
 
“I'm coming.” Kate said and hung up the phone.
 
The girls went wandering around the mall and bumped into the rest of their group. After about three hours Kate's communicator beeped while she was in a dressing room.
 
“Hey what's up?” Kate answered.
 
“I was just… Damn it! Kate put a shirt on.” Koenma yelled.
 
“Shit.” Kate pulled on her shirt and flipped the communicator open again. “Sorry Koenma sir.”
 
“I was wondering how you guys were doing.” Koenma asked.
 
“Oh were just shopping for our trip. Hey when do we leave?” Kate asked leaving the dressing room.
 
“Tomorrow.” Koenma said.
 
“Well isn't that just peachy.” James said.
 
“You sound so funny when you talk.” Ro laughed indicating James' British accent.
 
“So do you.” James replied.
 
“Now children play nice.” Chris said.
 
“Are you going to give us the tickets or are we going to pick them up at the airport?” Kate asked as they left the mall.
 
“You're picking them up there. I have to go so see you tomorrow.” Koenma said and the screen went black.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
The group met up at the airport. Ro was muttering about something like perverted security guards and Chris fell asleep in the chair he was sitting in.
 
“Flight 756 to Japan is boarding now.” The speaker announced.
 
“If Kate doesn't get here now she'll miss the plane.” Kira said.
 
“Love you too mom! See you. I'll e-mail.” Kate yelled to her mother who had tears in her eyes.
 
“Be good Kate!” Kate's mom called.
 
“Aw. The baby can't make herself leave her mommy.” Kira teased.
 
“Screw you. We're going to be late. Race you to the plane.” Kate said and took off running.
 
“Wait up!” Ro yelled and followed.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Were about to land in Tokyo. Please fasten your seat belts and return seats and trays to their upright positions.” The attendant said over the speaker.
 
“Finally.” James said.
 
“Are we a little sick?” Ro teased.
 
“Shut up.” James said.
 
“Hey. You guys have your translators ready?” Kate asked.
 
“Yeah. Don't worry.” Ro smiled as the two held up there chains.
 
“Miss we're landing. Please sit down.” A stewardess said.
 
“Sorry ma'am.” Kate said and returned to her seat.
 
“Nice going.” Chris said as Kate sat between him and Kira.
 
“Thanks I've always been trying to get in trouble.” Kate smiled.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
“So, who are we supposed to be getting?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Kate, Kira, James, Ro, and Chris.” Kuwabara replied.
 
“Here are there pictures.” Kurama said handing the two some pictures from his pocket.
 
“I'm guessing that the white haired one is her and there are the others.” Keiko said.
 
“I think you're right.” Yusuke said.
 
“Hey. I saw them in Koenma's office. They must be the group we are supposed to be meeting.” Ro said.
 
“Really? Who gave it away? There's Koenma.” Kate said pointing to the teenage Koenma who was walking over to the other group.
 
“Wow. She needs to calm down.” James whispered to Chris.
 
“I heard that.” Kate said.
 
“Hey.” Yusuke called.
 
“Hi.” Ro smiled as they two groups of detectives met up.
 
“So Koenma are they the people were going to work with?” Kate asked.
 
“Yes.” Koenma sighed as the American boys sized up the three Japanese boys.
 
“Hey where's the short one with the creepy glare?” Ro asked.
 
“You mean Hiei?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Yeah cuz I really know his name.” Ro said sarcastically.
 
“He's busy.” Kurama replied.
 
“Ah.” Ro sighed.
 
“Are there any good arcades here?” Chris asked.
 
“There sure are.” Kuwabara said and the boys began to leave.
 
Kate whistled so loud almost every one a mile in diameter became quiet. “Forget something?”
 
“Oh. Bags.” James said.
 
“Oh my gosh. He's British.” Keiko exclaimed.
 
“Isn't it so cool?” Ro asked and the two began to talk about how it was so cool.
 
“Why am I cursed with this bloody accent?” James asked as he grabbed two suitcases.
 
“It's not that bad. Besides maybe you find a cute Japanese girl who likes you and that,” Kate tried out her own version of an English accent, “British accent.”
 
“That was sad.” James said.
 
“Yeah. It was the best I could do.” Kate sighed.
 
“Lets go. You guys are staying with us.” Yusuke said.
 
“Cool. Damn Kate what do you have in this?” Chris asked.
 
“Um… a lot of things?” Kate said.
 
“Hey Kurama. Can you help me?” Keiko called.
 
“Sure.” Kurama said and helped Keiko with some of the bags she had.
 
“So what's going on with school?” Kate asked.
 
“I don't have an answer if it were up to me we wouldn't be going.” Yusuke said.
 
“Right well, why don't you guys get settled down. Then we'll discuss that.” Koenma said.
 
About an hour later the groups came down. Kate was fidgeting with her hair and Ro was talking to Yusuke and Kuwabara.
 
“Okay. One thing. I had to apply you guys through the exchange student program. Ro, Chris and Kira will be going to Sarayashiki middle school. Kate and James will be going to Meiou high school. And I'm sorry but you guys have to wear uniforms.” Koenma said and handed each person a bundle. They left to try them on. After five minutes the people downstairs heard a crash and the girls appeared down stairs completed pissed off and the guys from up stairs came down and began to crack up.
 
“Did I forget to mention? I don't do skirts!” Ro yelled.
 
“And why is mine shorter?” Kate asked.
 
“About that. The only way I could get yours in the right size would be for it to be short.” Koenma said and ducked as a vase went flying at him only to hit an unsuspecting Hiei.
 
“Oh crap.” Kate said nervously as the Fire demon looked as if he was ready to attack.
 
“Bad move.” Hiei growled.
 
“Guessing this is Hiei?” Kate asked.
 
The boys nodded and Kate dodged Hiei. Hiei was about to hit her when he was frozen.
 
“What is that?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Um… How do I put this? I have this thing with freezing people's movements.” James said.
 
“Oh. I don't get it.” Kuwabara said.
 
“James let him go.” Koenma said and Hiei hit the floor.
 
“Sorry.” James said.
 
“Yo. When does school start?” Ro asked.
 
“At eight.” Kurama answered.
 
“Okay and what time is it now?” Kate asked.
 
“Ten thirty-seven.” Kuwabara answered.
 
“I'm going to bed.” Kate and Ro said and they left.
 
“They're interesting.” Kurama said.
 
“It's kinda hard to get used to them. But after a while they just get to you.” James said.
 
“Man Keiko's right he does have a British accent.” Yusuke said in awe.
 
“Okay. I realize I have an accent now please sop talking about it.” James said as a vein popped on his forehead.
 
“Sorry. I'm going to bed. See ya in the morning.” Yusuke said and Kuwabara followed him.
 
“Ya I'm going to go to. You guys coming?” Chris asked.
 
“Sure.” James said.
 
“I'll be up in a bit.” Kira said.
 
Kurama and Hiei went to there rooms after about twenty minutes. At about midnight Kurama was heading down stairs for water when he heard talking coming from a room.
 
“Kate. It really wasn't his fault.” James said.
 
“I know but still. Ack! Can you believe that I have to wear that thing?” Kate said lifting her head up.
 
“It'll be fine. Besides you might get a boyfriend.” James teased.
 
“How am I related to you?” Kate asked.
 
“Easy. We have the same mom.” James said.
 
“It sucks that I'm the only one in our family without an accent.” Kate pouted.
 
“It's not that great. Besides you were born in America.” James said and petted her head.
 
“Guess your right.” Kate smiled and James left the room.
 
In the hallway Kurama began to walk off towards the stairs. James came out of the room and saw Kurama disappear down the stairs. He shrugged and went into his room.