Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing Paths ❯ Meiou High and exchange students. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shio: Yes, second chappy!
 
Kurama: Good for you Shio-san.
 
Hiei: Pathetic doesn't even wait to see if she gets reviews.
 
Shio: Don't make me tell Ro that you're here.
 
Hiei: No!
 
Kurama: If Angel's Tears is on MM then you'd know why he is lacking his sanity.
 
Ro: Hiei-Kun!
 
Hiei: Hn *glomped by Ro*
 
Shio: Okay I'm missing descriptions. *Sigh* So here it is. Ro is 5'8, long white hair, and amber eyes. She is Skinny and loves to wear odd outfits. James has Brunette hair is 6 feet tall and has faded blue eyes. He of course is of good stature and isn't exactly buff but is on the good-looking side. Chris is blond, dark brown eyes, and is 5'6. He is of Kuwabara standards. Kira is about 5'11 and has dark hair. He has maroon eyes and is sort of the spirit lifter. {Brightens the mood} He isn't in too much of the story but you'll learn more about these people later.
 
Kurama: Enjoy. ^-^
 
 
 
Chapter two: Meiou High and exchange students
 
The next morning Ro screamed in her room causing everyone to rush into her room. Kate was standing over the bed with an empty bucket.
 
“Ro. Wake up.” Kate said.
 
“No. I want sleep. And I'm going to get you for that.” The soggy girl said.
 
“Okay but school starts in thirty minutes.” Kate said.
 
“No!” Ro went running into the bathroom.
 
The groups split up. Kurama, James and Kate went off to Meiou High and the rest went to Sarayashiki. On the way Kate and James were talking together. The two were speaking in English and Kurama was intrigued just like last night. {A/n: When Kurama was listening in on them they were speaking in English so he had no clue what they were saying.} James' accent was even more noticeable and Kate tried several times to use one but James just ended up laughing at her. When they got to school Kurama took them to the office then went to his own class.
 
“So what classes do you have?” Kate asked.
 
“Here.” James handed over his schedule.
 
“Yes! We have Mythology together. We also have Chemistry and History.” Kate cheered causing some curious looks from the office aids as Kate hugged James. {A/n: Everyone thinks they are boyfriend and girlfriend because they are always around each other. No one their team knows they're related either. James has a different last name.}
 
“Hello Shuichi. These are the two you get to give the tour to.” An office aid said indicating to James and Kate.
 
“Yo.” Kate smiled.
 
“Okay lets see those schedules.” Kurama said.
 
“What's up with the lady calling you Shuichi?” James asked.
 
“Um. It's a long story. I'll tell you guys later. First off. This is your first period James. Kate you're with me.” Kurama said.
 
“Cool. See ya later Kate.” James said and entered the classroom.
 
“Bye!” Kate smiled.
 
“So. Are you two together?” Kurama asked.
 
“Huh?” Kate asked in shock.
 
“Sorry.” Kurama said.
 
“No. It's okay just no one ever asked that. To be honest he's my brother.” Kate said.
 
“Oh. I didn't know that.” Kurama said.
 
“Yeah actually no one knows that. If you notice we both have the same eyes. The only difference is that my eyes are brighter.” Kate said.
 
“That's cool. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude.” Kurama said.
 
“Naw, it's cool.” Kate said.
 
“This is our class.” Kurama said as they reached a door.
 
“Yes. Art as a first class seems fun.” Kate smiled.
 
“Come on.” Kurama opened the door and they entered the class.
 
The kids in the class looked up as the door opened. In a corner some girls started to whisper and giggle. The giggling stopped as soon as Kate walked in. Kate heard some of the girls' comments as she came in.
 
“Great now we have to have some stupid American in the class. How pathetic.”
 
“Look her skirt is too short also. Slut.”
 
“She looks like she came out of a hole.”
 
“She just better stay away from Minamino-san”
 
Kate looked away from them and walked up to the front and handed the teacher her schedule.
 
“Class. Please take your seats. We have a new student from America. Her name is Kate Paterson.” The teacher said.
 
*Cough* “cracker” *cough*
 
“I heard that Minekura-san. Now Kate could you tell the class about your self.” The teacher said glaring at a girl in the back.
 
“Yes ma'am. Well, I'm sixteen and I'm an exchange student from California, USA. I have a cat and two dogs. Um. Let see. My mom is from England. Am I missing anything? Oh, I'm staying with a few friends and to answer you girls I'm not a slut, pathetic and ya I'm white. I'm proud of it too.” Kate said leaving the class completely silent.
 
“Um. Interesting. Does any one have any questions?” The teacher asked looking around. “Yes Katome-san.”
 
“I was just wondering. Is that your natural hair color?” Katome asked.
 
“Sit down Katome. Ya dimwit of course not.” Minekura said.
 
“Minekura-san Stop that!” The teacher said.
 
“Before I was interrupted.” Kate shot a glare at Minekura. “No it's not I make my own hair dye that kinda went permanent so I can't get rid of this. It completely took over my natural hair color.” Kate said. `Damn I'm good at lying.'
“I have a question.” Minekura said.
 
“Ya?” Kate looked at her.
 
“If your mom is from England then how come you don't have an accent?” Minekura asked.
 
“Simple I was born and raised in California. Anything else or do I have to explain where babies come from to you?” Kate asked.
 
“Kate. Please that's enough. Now the only empty seat is next to Minamino-san.” The teacher said pointing to a desk next to Kurama.
 
Kate sat next to Kurama and sighed. Kurama looked at her from the corner of his eye. As class went on Kate stopped and wrote something on a piece of paper and put it on Kurama's desk as she borrowed his eraser. Kurama opened it up. It read: Hey what's with your fan club? It's bad enough I'm an exchange student but do they have to be like that? It just ticks me off. Oh well. Oh I have a question. Can you get that guy sitting diagonally from you to stop staring at me it's disturbing. Yuck. Thanks.
 
“Hey Sota stop staring at her.” Kurama whispered.
 
“Hey I didn't mean to look at your girl.” Sota scoffed.
 
“She's not my girl.” Kurama hissed.
 
“Sure. Every girl in this school only wants you. Besides I saw you walking with her to school today.” Sota replied.
 
“Sota just knock it off okay.” Kurama said through gritted teeth.
 
“Whatever.” Sota said and turned around.
 
The bell rang, everyone picked up there stuff, and filed out to the their next class. Kurama and Kate went to the gym.
 
“Yes! Volleyball rules.” Kate said with a smile.
 
“At least you like it.” Kurama said.
 
“You know your hair is going to get in your way.” Kate said to Kurama.
 
“I know.” Kurama sighed.
 
“Here. Let me do something to help.” Kate said.
 
“Huh?” Kurama asked but was forced to sit down.
 
Kate pulled a hair tie off her wrist and pulled Kurama's hair into a low pigtail {A/n: Ponytails here are called pigtails in Japan. Don't ask why they just are.} Kate smiled and braided her own hair.
 
“There now it won't be in your way.” Kate smiled and sat down next to him.
 
After that the two went to Chemistry. Kate saw James and sat down next to him. Kurama was in the table in front of the two. During the class they had to do a lab. It was weird because Kate and James were talking in English and people were staring as Kate's voice raised as the beaker began to bubble over.
 
“James! What did you put in that thing? It's going to explode.” Kate said jumping up.
 
“I didn't do anything wrong. See everyone else's beaker is doing that too.” James said trying to calm down the hysterical Kate.
 
“But not like this. Ah! It's on my hand!” Kate screamed making everyone, including the teacher, to look over and watch the two.
 
“Kate, stop it.” James said sitting her down and washing off her hand.
 
“Sorry.” Kate said as she looked at everyone.
 
“No problem. Just calm down and then people won't stare. I still can't believe you got into Chemistry.” James said.
 
“Is there a problem here?” The teacher asked.
 
“No sir. I just got a little scared. Because it started to bubble.” Kate said apologetically.
 
“Just be careful.” He said and walked off.
 
They finished their lab and the bell rang for lunch. James stared at his sister when she pulled out two lunches. Kurama walked up to them and looked at the two bags curiously.
 
“And why did you make lunch? I thought you always skipped lunch the first day.” James said.
 
“Because. I felt like it. Besides I thought you'd like it.” Kate said as they sat down under a tree.
 
“Wow. You got us bugles and a coke. No way, you made a roast beef sandwich.” James pulled out the sandwich and smiled.
 
“I know I'm the coolest.” Kate smiled.
 
“No, the dumbest. I just wanted to mess with you.” James said as he bit into the sandwich.
 
Kate pulled out an apple from her bag and bit into it. Kurama pulled out his box lunch and ate. After they were done they went to history. After that class James went to gym while Kira went to math and Kurama went to Calculus. When they were done the three went to Mythology.
 
“Ro!” Kate squealed.
 
“Kate it's so cool every day I get to come here to study Mythology. Oh and Mr. Sunshine is here too.” Ro said pointing to Hiei.
 
“Hey Kira.” James said.
 
“Yo.” Kira said sitting down.
 
“Good afternoon class. As you can see we have new students. Luckily last week we had finished up the last chapter. Now for the best chapter: Japanese Mythology. This chapter we will be talking about demons and all that stuff. So my first question: What kinds of demons are there?” The teacher asked.
 
Kurama and Hiei raised their hands but were beaten by Kate and Ro. {A/n: Kate and Ro don't know anything about Hiei and Kurama. And vice versa. For all they know they think there human. Oh and America and Japan have different demon worlds. So America might not even have demons just more of demon look a likes.}
 
“Well this is a nice change. Lets see. I'll let Kate go and any thing she misses Ro can fill in.” He said.
 
“Demons come from every where. They are elemental, animal, and then there are the ones who just use energy. The most familiar Elemental demons are: earth, wind, water and fire. Others include ice, metal, and light. Animal demons are well just as it sounds. There are foxes, dogs, snakes, cats and so on. Humans who can use special abilities were also considered demons. The only ones who weren't considered demons were High Priests and Priestess'.” Kate finished and sat down.
 
“Excellent. Do you have anything to add Ro?” The teacher asked.
 
“Yes sir. One type Kate forgot was the forbidden child. They are demons that were half-breeds. For instance half human, half fire and ice, and the last one are half angel.” Ro said.
 
“Bull.” A boy said.
 
“Wanna bet?” Ro asked calmly.
 
“Ya. Angles would never do that. And why would a Ice demon and fire demon get together any way.” The boy asked calmly.
 
Hiei's eyes flashed at the boy's idiocy. Kurama noticed and watched to make sure Hiei wouldn't do anything.
 
“You're not that smart are you?” Ro asked and Kate giggled.
 
“I know more than you.” He said.
 
“Okay then tell me this what is a Jagan eye?” Ro asked. The teacher just watched interested.
 
“A Jagan eye? What's that?” The boy asked.
 
“Exactly. That's Mythology 1. Lets see if any one is smart enough to answer my question. Well does any one besides Kate know what I'm talking about?” Ro asked looking around.
 
Hiei stared at Ro then raised his hand.
 
“Okay, go ahead.” Ro sat down to listen.
 
“The Jagan eye is a third eye that certain demons posses. It can be used for controlling others and the possessor can read others thoughts. It is usually implanted and a demon who has it is unstoppable.” Hiei said and looked at Ro coolly.
 
“Very good. Except a Jagan wielder can be stopped. And I think that's it until I come up with a few more.” Ro concluded.
 
“Very good. I'm glad the schools in America teach you this.” The teacher smiled.
 
“Actually sir. They just read a lot, the schools only teach about mythical creatures and Gods and goddesses. We don't learn about Japanese Mythology.” James said.
 
“Oh. Well that's interesting then. It seems we took up the whole class with our little learning experience. I think our first lesson will be on demon abilities. Class dismissed.” The teacher said right as the bell rang.
 
“Well that was an interesting day.” Kate said rubbing her forehead with her hand as the group walked home.
 
“That one kid didn't know what he was getting himself into.” Ro laughed.
 
“No. I forgot something in my locker. I'll be back.” Kate said as she turned around and began to head towards school.
 
“I'll go with her.” Kira said following her.
 
“Huh?” James watched as Kira caught up to Kate and they began to talk.
 
“Earth to James.” Ro said waving a hand in front of his face.
 
“Knock it off Ro.” James said.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
“So what exactly did you leave?” Kira asked as the two walked down the street.
“Just my sketchbook.” Kate said.
 
“You always have that thing. Can I see any of the pictures?” Kira asked.
 
“No. Here's the school. It's kinda crummy.” Kate opened up the locker and pulled out her sketchbook.
 
The two walked back to the house. On their way they ended up in a park. Kate looked around and pointed at a random spot then took off running. Kira appeared five feet in front of her and they collided. The two started to gather their lost items before beginning their game. Kate jumped into a tree and tackled Kira. She was sitting on him when a search crew found them. Ro busted up laughing and Chris just stared.
 
“Howdy y'all.” Kate waved.
 
“Come on we have to get back.” Kurama held out his hand and helped Kate up.
 
When they got back James looked as if he was going to murder Kira. Ro pushed Kate up the stairs and forced her to change. When the two came back down Botan was there.
 
“Glad to see you all alive. Koenma wants me to take you to Genkai's place.” Botan said with an annoying chipper voice.
 
“Gen who?” Ro asked.
 
“Exactly.” Kate answered.
 
“Just come on.” Yusuke said.