Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Delicate Petals ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-Delicate Petals-

-Disclaimer- I do not own YYH.

-Author's Notes- Kurama's POV. K/B. Promise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

I stood there, looking out over the ocean. My eyes watered. I didn't tell her and now she loved someone else. There was no 'I love you' exchanged between us. We were just friends. It was always good to have friends. My sightless eyes looked toward the ground below me. I was not blind, but I couldn't see. All I ever saw was her. Her amethyst eyes, cerulean hair, and lithe frame. She had such delicate beauty, such delicate features. She was almost like a rose. Their delicate petals put together a meaning. Someone was behind me, but I didn't care. Suddenly, I smelled the scent of peonies after a spring rain. That was her scent. I didn't even look at her, for I knew that I would break down. I felt her touch on my shoulder and pulled away.

"Kurama.." She said in that pretty voice of hers. I looked over at her finally and she touched my face. "Your mother has fallen ill. She is fine, they said. Just the flu." I stared at her. My okaasan was sick. I should be taking care of her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Okaasan was asleep when I got there. She had called the hospital and they came in an ambulence. I sat down in a chair and stared out the window. My thoughts on my past. My okaasan.

"Suuichi?" Came a weak question. I looked down at her.

"Okaasan.." Hot tears cascaded down my face.

"Whats wrong? They said that I would be fine." She stopped, seeing the misery in my eyes. I felt like a trapped animal. I betrayed my okaasan, lost the love of my life, and now my okaasan was sick. Damn my tortured life. I stood up and kissed her on the cheek. I said good night then left. I don't want anyone to see me cry. No one. When I got back home, my bed was the only thing I could think about. I let all my pain out, into my pillow. The scent of roses, my scent, flooded my nose. However relaxing it was, it didn't help nor did it dry my tears.

"Why?" I asked over and over again. I got the same answer I always did. I don't know. My mind played the most hurtful news to me in the entire universe. Her telling us all about her and Koenma. Botan. Why did life have to be so cruel? To make you want to die and get it over-with? I cried more at the mere thought of her in another man's arms. No, I must not be selfish. I was happy for her. She got what she desired. I admit to my jealousy. She just means so much to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

"Suuichi?" I heard my mother call. I didn't answer. I was unable to. I had no voice. I knew my eyes must've matched my hair. I didn't want her to see me cry. Again. "Suuichi, dear, are you okay?" She came in after she knocked. I really need a lock on my door. Now she seen me crying. She walked over to my bed. I could hear her tiny footsteps as she walked the length of my room.

"No.." Was the only word I could force out. She sat down on my bed and I felt her put her hand on my back. I remember when she used to rub my back when I was little.

"Tell me what's wrong, honey." I could hear the rasp in her voice and smell the sickness in the air.

"You should be in bed, okaasan." She shook her head when I tried to tell her she needed her rest.

"I need to be here with you. You're hurting and it is my job, my life to help you and comfort you in anyway possible, my son." She brushed my red bangs out of my eyes and smiled. I said nothing. I couldn't protest with her about something like this. I would never win. "Tell me, Suuichi."

"Okaasan.." I sat up and stared at her, then I embraced her. "I'm going through a tough time right now. I can't tell you about it.. I won't worry you. I will get over it." She wrapped her arms around me soothed back my hair.

"Okay, Suuichi. Just as long as you're okay." I let go of her and watched as she walked out of my room. I had an image come to me. Walking away.. everyone was walking away from me. I blinked and shook my head to rid myself of such thoughts. I needed a walk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

"Kurama? Are you okay?" I turned around to see Keiko, dragging Yuusuke along behind her. They were probably shopping. I tried to smile, but then decided to reply and have better luck.

"I'm fine." I answered. She gave me a concerned look.

"You look like you've been crying. Is it something you need to talk to a boy about? Yuusuke's schedule is cleaned out." I shook my head.

"No, it's nothing. I just need to clear my head." I walked away from them and decided upon the park. I loved the park. You could always find peace somewhere around there. I had just sat down on a bench when a female I recognized from school sat down next to me.

"Suuichi-kun?" She asked with a big smile. She blushed and I just looked away from her. "It's me, Kumiko." She tried to get me to look at her. I wouldn't. She was just another one of those popular snobs. My life at school revolved around avoiding them. "Will you be my Science partner?" I didn't answer. I didn't even acknowledge her. I pretended not to hear her. "Please?" I looked over at her.

"I'm sorry, but no. I'm already someone's Science partner." It was true. I was Ryu's Science partner. He was one of my friends from school. I wasn't popular in my own eyes, but I was with the girls.

"Oh." She looked at me sadly. Oh yes, a simple little thing like that made you ready to cry. You should see my life, Kumiko.

"Is that all?" I didn't sound as irritated as I was. Suddenly, I had the feeling of familiar eyes on me. "Hiei, it's so nice of you join us." I looked and sure enough, there he was. He was sitting on the branch above us. Kumiko looked up. Her eyes widened. Hiei knew my ningen name for incidents like this.

"Suuichi, you really are getting rusty." He stared down at me. I snorted.

"I'm not entirely here today, Hiei. My mind is somewhere else." He jumped down and landed in front of me.

"That's easy to see." I glared at him. "I wanted to see if you were up for training but you weren't home when I went to your window." I nodded.

"Training sounds good. I need to clear my mind." Kumiko had left. I smirked at Hiei. "I've been really.. upset."

"Upset?" He raised an eyebrow. I shook my head. I liked to be around Hiei. He may be cold and rude, but I knew him better. He wasn't really like that. Especially toward his sister, Yukina. He still hadn't told her.

"It's nothing. It's just that.." I trailed off, not really knowing whether I should tell him or not.

"That..?" He asked. I felt his dark crimson eyes searching mine for answers. He apparently saw what he was looking for, because he snorted. "What's been bothering you, Kurama? Knowing you, there is no real reason for you to get all upset over nothing."

"I don't know how to put it, Hiei." I said quietly. He gestured to me to follow him.

"Let's just go train." I nodded and followed him into the woods. "Where do we begin?" He asked with a cold smirk. "You said that you're not all here today."

"Just come on. Let's forget all about everything." He gave me a cold look.

"That far ahead, ne?" Chuckling, he took off his black overshirt. Then he pulled his katana out. I pulled a rose out of my hair and transformed it into my weapon, Rose Whip. He launched at me and we began.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

I never thought that it would work, but my mind went completely blank and all I could think about was beating Hiei at our practice game. Maybe thats what I need to do. Train. If I did, then it wouldn't hurt our team any. I may even get stronger than I already am. I could learn new techniques, as well. I opened the door to my home and my okaasan came running out. I looked down and saw that I was dirty and that my clothes were ripped from where Hiei got me.

"Where have you been?" She was all concerned about that? I could take care of myself.

"I was with Hiei." I answered. She knew about the cold little koorime. She caught him and I once when he came to my window. I introduced them. Hiei wasn't exactly polite to her, though I wasn't expecting that of him.

"Again? How come you always come home like this? You look like you were rolling in the dirt." I looked at her.

"I was.. sort of." She gave me a look, telling me that I didn't answer her questions. "I was training." She blinked. "Fighting."

"Why? You don't do that, do you?" I sighed. I wasn't in the mood for this.

"Can I please take a shower?" She nodded and went to her room. I hated to do that but that was sometimes the only way out. If I had continued that conversation she might've found out about me. I dragged myself up the stairs and took my shirt off. I inspected the small cuts he gave me. He was getting better. Of course, I wasn't fighting at my fullest. I went into my room. The curtains were closed and my bed was fixed. She had been cleaning again. I looked over at the dresser. In one of the drawers I hid the bottle with the stuff that would change me back into my demon form.

"Suuichi!" I heard okaasan call. I listened for a second. "Someone's here to see you!" I sighed. I was never going to get my shower, was I? I walked slowly down the stairs. My head hurt, I wanted a shower, I was sort of hungry, and I needed to sleep. I entered the room where my 'guest' was. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Suuichi." The girl bowed slightly, her cerulean curls bouncing slightly. "Keiko told me you weren't looking too wonderful and that something was bothering you. Are you okay?" I looked over at my okaasan, who was smiling knowingly. She doesn't think..? Yes, she does.

"I told her that I was fine." I answered emotionlessly. I saw her amethyst eyes widen slightly. I never used that tone with anyone. She crossed her arms.

"Something is definately up. You haven't been acting right all week." I saw worry in her eyes. I shrugged.

"I guess it's just that I'm restless." She could tell I was lying. Dammit! Why couldn't I be as good as Hiei with this stuff? She raised an eyebrow. I could tell she didn't believe me in the least. Then she looked down at my chest. I forgot I was shirtless.

"Just look at you. Were you with Hiei?" She walked over to me then circled me, tracing her soft hands over the cuts.

"I was training." I looked away from her and crossed my arms, forgetting about the pain in my shoulder from when he had rammed me into that tree. She touched my shoulder, where a different cut was and she must've seen me flinch.

"I'll say." She pulled my arms down to my sides and inspected my biggest gash. "I'd hate to see the poor area in which you were." I snorted.

"It didn't look as bad as usual." My okaasan just left the room, forgetting she had something cooking. She gave me a concerned look.

"You definately aren't yourself." I didn't look at her. How could I? I was rude to her, but I couldn't apologize. I was simply hurt. My eyes must not be red anymore, because if they were then she would've said something. "Look at me, Suuichi." Her soft voice commanded. I wouldn't. I couldn't. Then I felt her hands on my face. She turned my head and stared into my eyes. Damn.. I didn't have enough time to put up an emotionless mask. From the look on her face, she read me like a book. "Someone hurt you, didn't they?"

"No, I'm fine." I lied, backing away from her. I turned my head to the side and kept my gaze on the wall. I felt her gaze stay on me. It was so hard for me to not look at her. It felt like she was just staring straight through me.

"Suuichi, stop lying to me. I only want to help you." She looked at me pleadingly. "Tell me what's wrong with you."

"I can't." I said in a shaky voice. Damn, I was cracking. I couldn't stand it anymore. I took a deep breath and held my feelings in. Youko would be a great help to me if he were to take over now. That got my inner self's attention. Youko and I could talk to each other, because he was me. I gazed at the wall. In my mind, I tried to think of something other than her.

"Please, Suuichi." She gazed up at me. "Can we go somewhere where we can talk about this?" I didn't answer. She took my arm and dragged me up the stairs. "Which one is yours?" Again, I didn't answer. She found it and pulled me inside. "Kurama." She used a very stern voice and I knew that she wasn't going to leave and I wasn't going to get my shower and rest if I didn't answer.

"Fine.." She stared at me, waiting. I bit my lower lip. I could tell her I was hurt, but not by what or who.

'You honestly think she'll fall for that and leave? No, you need to tell her by what but not by who.' Youko's voice said. I stopped. That was it.

"I-I was hurt." Damn voice.. "I didn't tell this girl that I loved her.. I was going to eventually, but then she told me that she was going out with someone else." I stopped there. I need not go further. I could see the concern and disbelief in her eyes.

"Who is she?"

"I'm not telling you or anyone else." I said emotionlessly. I crossed my arms. Suddenly, a knock sounded at my window. "Open it." Hiei came in and shivered.

"It's raining. Can I stay here?" I stared at him in surprise. He blinked and stared at me with an expectant look.

"Yeah, there's a guest room down the hall." I pointed which way to go. "Second room to the left." He nodded and walked out, giving me a look.

'What is she doing here?' He asked me telepathically. I blinked.

'I don't know. Keiko told her that I was acting weird and that I didn't look too good when she saw me.' I replied. Not out loud, of course. I felt the link close and breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't want anymore questions. I wanted my shower and my sleep.

"I've got to go. Koenma wants me." She said with a small smile. She touched my cheek, making me look up at her from my seat on my bed. "I'll see you tomorrow." Her voice was soft and gentle.

"I don't want pity." I replied bitterly. Youko snorted. He finally got his say in. Botan gave me one last sad look then left. I felt horrible. I needed to make that a cold shower. Must take a cold shower. I need something else to think about and shivering to death is one good thing that'll clear the mind. Of course, I was almost prone to hot and cold things, but I could still feel them. They had no effect on me.

"Nice choice of last words." I looked over to see Hiei leaning against the doorway. I gave him a look.

"I guess I've picked up a few of your charming traits." He scowled at the sarcasm in my voice.

"Shut up." I smirked at him when I walked by.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

I'll end it there for now. *ends it there*

^_^