Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Delicate Petals ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-Delicate Petals-

Remember, Kurama's POV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Hiei stared at me from his seat on my bed. He watched me walk back and forth as I paced around my room. Okaasan knocked and peeked in. She saw me pacing and Hiei sitting there, gazing lazily at me. We actually didn't take notice. I did, but that wasn't important right now.

"I think you're going nuts. I say that the moron is getting to you."

"I haven't been around Kuwabara, Hiei. It isn't him." I frowned and started walking the other way. I could feel the weight of his gaze on me.

"Don't make me read your mind."

"Don't you dare." I glared menacingly at him. He only returned my gaze with a bored look.

"As if." He laughed coldly. "You know I wouldn't try your patience, of all people's. Now, I'd like to ring the moron's neck."

"He didn't touch your sister yet." I said with a glance at him. "Yukina is staying at Genkai's temple. I'm surprised you came here instead of there."

"Stupid." He retorted. He shot me a look. "She doesn't know yet." I stopped pacing and gazed at him.

"Honestly, you have the most messed up life." I shook my head. "You have a sister who's looking for you, only she doesn't know it's you, you have no interest in things other than fighting, and you are seriously rude to people." He didn't take anything offensive. I've scored.

"So? I don't care what people think about me. You're the only friend I've had. You and Yukina are the only things keeping me tied here." He grabbed a notebook and a pencil he had next to them and began doodling again.

"Or else you would've gone back by now." I slowly started to pace again.

"If you don't stop that, I'll get up and stop you myself." I could tell I was getting him annoyed. "And you should consider telling someone about that little 'I'm upset' thing. It doesn't help anyone when you're like this." He snorted. "Hell, it makes me annoyed, watching you pace around." I glared at him.

"I have told someone." He gazed up at me and knew who instantly.

"Well, it is his problem too, ne?" I nodded slightly. "Anyone else?"

"She knows."

"Botan?"

"Yeah." I sat down on the chair in front of my desk. "Only part of it though." He looked up at me and rolled his eyes. I was actually glad he was here. He was good company, even if he was rude.

"I heard that."

"You read that." I felt annoyed. "Don't do it again."

"You take all my fun away, you know that?" He looked back down at the paper. "I need something else to do other than this."

"Reading my mind doesn't count." I snapped. He raised an eyebrow at me and tilted his head to the side.

"But it's something to do." I stared at him. "You're boring."

"Go to hell."

"Been there, done that." I rolled my eyes.

"You've been through hell, not in hell." He scowled.

"Same difference." He retorted, ripping a piece of paper out and crumbling it into a ball. Then he flung it at me. I caught it and sighed.

"Then I'm in hell."

"Join the club."

"Already did." He snorted at my reply and chucked another paper wad at me. "Paper bombs don't blow up." He smirked.

"I wish they did." I growled at him.

"Very funny." He smirked.

"I know." Suddenly, okaasan came in and handed me a bag of chips and some soda.

"I'm going out tonight." She looked over at Hiei. "I see you're here again, Hiei." She gave him a smile. He just looked back down to his paper and started drawing again.

"Stick figures don't count as drawings." I said, trying to get him pissed. He glared at me and ignored my comment completely. Okaasan kissed me on the cheek and said good-bye. She left and Hiei looked back up.

"I don't think she likes me." He feigned disappointment. I laughed.

"No one likes you." He stared at me. His crimson eyes swirled with pride.

"I know." I could've sworn he didn't want anyone to like him, but this was Hiei. He acted that way for a purpose and probably was that way. He wasn't hostile when talking to me.

"I need my sleep. Tomorrow's training should prove useful." Hiei nodded.

"Kurama, we will train all day, I hope you realize." Hiei reached for the bag of chips. I stared at him then raised my eyebrow.

"Are we going to sleep?" Hiei shrugged.

"You're weakness is in plain sight." I glanced up at him and gave him a confused look. "Obviously you've become weakened by your human captivity."

"Do you think I had a choice?" He shook his head and frowned. Silence over-came us. "Ice-cream?" Hiei looked up at me instantly. He nodded vigorously. I knew he loved ice-cream. It was almost funny. I'd say that it was his favorite human food. We got up and went to the kitchen. Tonight was going to be a long night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Despite what I thought, it was easy to stay awake all night and talk with Hiei. At about one, when I was feeling tired beyond belief, I caught my 'second wind'. I didn't feel tired anymore. I felt wonderful. It was like I was suddenly reminded of my past in Makai.

"Training?" Hiei asked. I nodded and we left. We trained all day long. We were both panting and putting everything we had into fighting. My mind was completely clear of all thought. I figured that it was Youko's doing. He was the side of me that had the fighting instincts. When I got home later that evening, my okaasan tried again, in vain, to get me to tell her what was wrong. I couldn't. Hiei came to my room again that night.

"This better not be a daily occurrence." I said, crossing my arms. "I might start acting like you." He gave me a cold look then sat on my bed.

"Where is that notebook thing and a pencil?" He asked. I smiled and handed them over. They've been officially labeled as his. He flipped it open and started doodling. I wondered what he was drawing in there. He looked up at me after a little while. "You're quiet."

"Is that against the law?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. In fact, I had started drawing. I was sitting at my desk and Hiei was laying on his stomach, the notebook in front of him.

"No, but it's unusual for you." I glared at him and gave him an indignant look before I turned back to my drawing. I was starting to draw a pathway, lined with stones and such. I had started on two people, walking hand-in-hand along the path. I smiled slightly. It was a small picture, not very big, therefore it didn't take long to finish the bodies. By then I had gotten hungry. I glanced over at Hiei. He was still drawing. It was really a wonder with him.

"Are you hungry?" He looked over at me. I gave him a curious look.

"Yes."

"Okay, let's go to the kitchen and get something to eat." We went down and rumaged through the food. I guess Hiei wanted ice-cream again, because he took it out of the freezer before we could go through the cupboards. I laughed at him and handed him his bowl. He wanted it filled to the point of it overflowing.. almost. He sat down with this funny look on his face. I couldn't hold back any more laughter. I had to let it out. I started laughing so hard, my sides hurt.

"Just what is so funny?" He asked me in irritation.

"Y-You.." I burst out laughing again. It was so funny. I wish I had a camera for the look on his face. I think that should be his birthday present. A huge bowl of ice-cream.

"Why am I funny?" He asked. He stared at me, not a trace of amusement on his face.

"You shoulda seen the look on your face.." I couldn't stop laughing. Eventually I slowed down. My okaasan came down from her room to find us in the kitchen. She had stayed with a friend the other night, I found out. Just to keep the woman company.

"What is going on down here?" She asked with a smile on her face. I pointed at Hiei and started laughing all over again. He glared at me and took a spoonful of ice-cream then pulled the spoon back slightly. He let the ice-cream fly and it happened to land dead on. Right on my forehead. I felt the cold stuff start to slide down my face.

"Hiei.." I went over to the sink and washed my face off. Then I started laughing. "You could learn how to control that temper of yours. You would've laughed too if you saw the look on your face."

"You know that I do not laugh." The koorime said angerly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

I sat at my desk scribbling on a piece of paper. I was bored out of my mind. I heard the scratching of the pen against the paper. It was the only sound I heard in the entire house. I looked at the clock and realized that I had been sitting in the same spot, the same position for fifteen minutes. Sighing, I looked down at the paper. The middle of it was completely covered with the black ink and the part where my hand was had rip marks in it. I tried scribbling on a blank corner but no ink came out. Damn. That was my favorite pen. Oh well. I took out another one and did the same thing for another half-hour while I thought of something. That something happened to be nothing. Joyful.

"Suuichi, I'm home!" I heard my okaasan call to me from downstairs.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked back. I didn't hear a response for a minute.

"He said I'm getting better." She replied happily. I nodded to myself and got back to work on scribbling an entire sheet of paper black with ink. You could say that I was practicing for school. I sighed and tapped the end of my pen on my desk.

"What a work of art." I turned my head slightly and stared at Hiei, who was staring at my paper. "And I thought I was creative. You're a genius." I waited for it.. I knew it was coming. "Not." There it was. I knew him like a book. He could never help but say something sarcastic then follow it up with an insult.

"Gee, thanks." I turned around and faced him as he backed up slightly. "I thought I told you not to make it a daily occurrence." He rolled his eyes. I noticed that was a daily occurrence too. He shot me a dirty look.

"I heard that."

"Stop reading my thoughts." I stared at him. He walked over to my bed and sat down, like usual. "What are you doing here?" He gave me a look.

"I'm not allowed?" I sighed.

"Of course you are, but you don't look happy." He blinked and sighed.

"I'm never happy, moron. I swear, your brain is fried." I gave him a look then twisted in my spinning chair.

"It is not. And if it is, blame school." He shook his head and fell back on my bed.

"Yukina is with that moron again." I leaned forward and tried to see the look on his face.

"Did you beat the shit out of him again?" He shook his head slowly. "Are you sick?"

"Do I look sick, you idiot?" Okay, land mine. I shouldn't step over that line again.

"Well, what do you plan on doing about it? You can't stop her, thats for certain." He sat up and looked at the floor. "Maybe if you talk to her about it.. after you tell her that you're her brother." He looked up at me and gazed at me lazily. "You know, just to let her know how you feel."

"What good would it do to tell her how I feel about it? My opinion doesn't matter." I shook my head.

"She'll explain to you why she loves him, I guess. Just let them be. You know, you should think about settling down too." He stared at me. I felt like he was staring a hole through my head.

"What about you?" I immediately looked away from him. She was back in my mind again, dammit.

"I don't know." My voice was guarded. I knew he knew he hit a sensitive area.

"You seemed kind of jumpy around that diety the other night." I shot him a look and turned away from him, completely turning my chair around so he couldn't see my face.

"Suuichi, who're you talking to? Hiei?" She peeked in and smiled at him. I felt like I was going to loose it. I was going insane.

"Suuichi, you know you should tell someone when something's wrong." I could kill him right now, but I knew murdering him would do me no good.

"Nothing is wrong with me, Hiei." I said through gritted teeth. I heard the door close and I knew okaasan had left. "Stop chewing on the eraser of the pencil, Hiei. I can hear it from here." I turned back around and sighed. He stopped and glared at me.

"You're boring."

"Shut up."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Long enough. YAY! I love this fic. *hugs fic* It was one of my greatest ideas yet! 'One' of them being the key word. I love most of my fics, not all of them. Please, do the honors.