Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Different Paths ❯ The Kidnapping ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Different Paths

Chapter Five: The Kidnapping

~*~

Snow: WOW!! I got six reviews! Thanks to flamestormfoxchica, Sadeo, Emiko Hyuga, Hikari no Mari, Ban-Chans Consience, and DeathGoddess!! Ya`ll are the best! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don`t own Yu Yu Hakusho, but I wish I owned Hiei.

Hiei: Leave me alone! *runs*

Snow: Come back!! *chases*

Jin: Heh, on with the ficcie!! *dun dada duuuun*

Snow: JIN!! *glomps*

~*~

You three came upon a cave with a hot spring next to it. "It`s getting dark, we`d better stay here." Youko said, looking at the sky.

You nodded as the three of you went into the cave.

~*~

"Whoa. Kinda creepy in here ain`t it?" You said shivering; now remembering you had on your pajamas. And they weren`t exactly warm. A droplet of water fell down the stalactite and dripped onto the floor of the cave.

"Only if you haven`t been in a cave before, or that`s probably just a human thing." Kuronue said sitting down and leaning back against the wall. He took off his kimono top and tossed it to you. "Here. You`ll freeze if you sleep in that."

You picked up the shirt and pulled it on, it was quite big and it fit you like a big baggy nightshirt. "Thanks." You blushed.

"Hn." He said as he wrapped his bat wings around his bare chest and snuggled down in a comfortable position. Closing his eyes he mumbled. "Baka."

You looked over to Youko who was staring out the entrance to the cave. "Aren`t you going to sleep?" You asked coming closer.

"One of us always has to keep watch or a demon will attack us. We are highly wanted you know." Youko replied, not breaking his gaze from the sun setting rapidly. "The reward for my head is five hundred thousand dollars. Kuronue is worth the same. So we have to be careful at night, since that is when we are at our weakest."

"Oh, alright."

"Now get some rest, we don`t want you dozing off tomorrow while we`re walking." He said as the sun finally set and the stars came out.

You nodded and walked over to the other side of the cave, opposite to where Kuronue was sleeping. Youko had made a fire earlier and it was in the center of the cave. You were glad too, because it was still a little chilly to you.

You closed your eyes and drifted into sleep.

~*~

BOOOOOOM!!!

You jumped up when you heard the loud roar of thunder. "AH!"

"Look out!" You heard Kuronue yell, you looked up to the ceiling of the cave to see a stalactite falling straight for you.

"AH!" You yelped again. You knew you couldn`t dodge it. You just closed your eyes and waited for the inevitable to happen.

You waited but it didn`t fall on you. A strong pair of arms scooped you up and carried you to the opposite side of the cave, saving your butt.

You opened your __(color)__ eyes to look up at the gazing blue eyes of Kuronue. "Are you okay?" He asked you.

"Yeah." You replied standing up. The tremors caused by the thunder stopped.

"That wasn`t any ordinary thunder…" Youko stated, while standing to his feet. "I think it`s the work of Nakuru, the thunder goddess. We did steal from her palace a few days ago…"

"I`m guessing that she ain`t happy about it." You said brushing the dirt off of your knees.

Then the thunder boomed again. You jumped a little and you cursed. "Damn I hate thunder."

"The sun is rising." Kuronue said. "______, there is a hot spring if you want to take a quick bath before we leave."

"All right." You agreed. You hadn`t had a bath in almost two whole days and you were beginning to reek.

~*~

"Ahhh." You exhaled as you stepped into the warm water. Dunking your head under, you began to swim and think about your family, friends and other things. Then you let your thoughts drift to Shuiichi.

`Shuiichi!' You thought worriedly. `He might be worried about me! He might think that my disappearance was his fault!' You thought about Shuiichi some more and remembered everything about him. His long ruby red locks of hair. His soft kind emerald green eyes. His stunning smile. The way he might actually care enough about you to worry about where the hell you were. You smiled to yourself as you surfaced for air.

"I miss him." You murmered.

~*~

"You sure you don`t know where ______ went?!" Yusuke yelled at Kurama.

"I don`t know. I just dropped her off last night and when I came to her door this morning to walked her to school, her mom was crying and told me to `Get lost you kidnapper!'"

"I can`t believe this!" Kuwabara yelled. "My sweet innocent little ______ is gone!! NOOO!!!"

"Snap outta it!" Yusuke screamed as he punched Kuwabara in the face.

"When I went back there this afternoon, I smelled a demon around her room." Kurama said softly. "I don`t remember any ice demons around here except Yukina and Hiei."

"You didn`t do it, did you shrimp?!" Kuwabara yelled at the short demon.

"I don`t even know the girl you fool." Hiei calmly insulted.

"SHUT UP!" Kuwabara once again screamed at his enemy.

~*~

"Damn that Kuronue and Youko!" A woman sneered. "Steeling from ME?! NAKURU!? How dare they?!"

Nakuru had long black hair that was tied back in a high ponytail that reached her waist. She had intense red eyes and she wore a purple kimono that was tied with a red sash. Slipped underneath the sash was a katana in its golden sheath. The sheath had a thunder bolt engraved on it.

Nakuru walked over to a small black pillar that was the same height as her chest. On top of the pillar sat a black bowl made out of a demon`s skull. It was filled with a silver-blue liquid. She closed her eyes and concentrated on the bowl. "Show me where Youko and Kuronue are!" She yelled as a bright silver-blue light flashed from the bowl.

"Hmm." Nakuru mumbled. She looked over the bowl and saw the picture of Youko and Kuronue carrying a large deer carcass to the entrance of a cave. Then her eyes focused on a girl with __(color)__ hair and __(color)__ eyes. She was naked and bathing in the hot springs.

"Well well well." She said tracing her fingers along the edge if the bowl. "The two toughest thieves in the Makai have taken a human girl under their wings." She smirked evilly. "This could prove to be quite useful to me." Nakuru turned her head sharply at a white tiger demon with sea green stripes gracing across his back. "Sukiyaki! Bring me this girl as fast as you can!" She pointed at the girl`s image on the water. "We`ll have a little fun with these weaklings."

"Yes ma`am." Sukiyaki said, turning his head to the opened door and ran out of it with incredible speed.

~*~

"The warm water feels so nice…I just wish I could be home and everything would be perfect." You smiled as you sat down on a rock, after making sure that Youko and Kuronue couldn`t see you.

Then you heard a rustle in the bushes. "What`s that?" You asked yourself as you got up and walked to the other end of the springs. Bending over you parted the bushes to see a little squirrel chewing on an acorn.

"Whew!" You exclaimed, glad that it wasn`t another acid spitting centipede.

Then something moved behind you. You spun around only to be met with two golden tiger eyes staring into your own. You screamed as the tiger tackled you.

"Shut up and I won`t kill you." He said harshly.

"HELP YOUKO!! KURONUE!!!" You screamed again, oblivious to the tiger`s threat. The tiger lowered it`s head and bit you hard on the neck. You screamed out in pain as your blood dripped onto the soil. Something was happening. It was a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach as you grew weaker and weaker. Your eyes grew heavy as you passed out.

The tiger licked the remaining blood off its teeth and picked you up and threw you on his back. He ran away when he heard the rushing footsteps of the two expert thieves.

"______!!" They yelled as the tiger carried you farther and farther away. They tried to catch up with you, but the tiger was too fast.

"Damn it!" Youko cursed.

~*~

The wind whipped at your wet hair causing it to dry. You were still passed out as the tiger ran across the forest with great agility.

After about twenty minutes of riding on that crazy tiger, you reached a castle. It was huge, about thirty stories. It was made of black brick and had a moat dug around it. The tiger said some kind of chant and a bridge appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He crossed it and walked into a chamber.

"Master Nakuru." Sukiyaki said as he gently let you down off his back and onto a red couch. "I have captured the human that Youko and Kuronue have been traveling with."

"Good job." Nakuru smirked as she gazed at the two large puncture marks on your neck. "Excellent." Her smirk widened.

~*~

Snow: That`s the end of chapter five! YAY!!

Kuronue: Wow… five whole chapters. *rolls eyes*

Snow: Ain`t it great!?

Youko: It`s wonderful… *rolls eyes*

Snow: You like me! You really like me!! SEE YA NEXT CHAPPIE!!! BYE!!

~*~