Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Need Me, Anymore? ❯ Clarity? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Alrighty, then. On with part two!

Yusuke: Finally. You know, you can be really lazy _-_…

Kuwabara: Look who's talkin'.

Yusuke: Yeah, but I'm always like that. This girl's really inconsistent.

Me: Gee, thanks -.-…

Kurama: It hasn`t been that long, Yusuke.

Yusuke: Yeah? Well this girl's up at 1:30 AM typing this and she has two projects due in the morning. What do you say to that? >.>

Kurama: Eh…?

Me: ANYWAYS--- As promised, here's the next chapter. I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Please R&R :D!


NOTE::: I SEEM TO BE GETTING OFFTRACK OF THE USUAL PAIRINGS, BUT PLEASE TRY TO BEAR WITH ME. I'M DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS EITHER A KURAMAXOC OR A YUSUKEXOC. YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. THANK YOU. PLEASE READ ON.



Chapter 3 Part Two Clarity?



***In the last chapter…

Perhaps, maybe- Kurama stiffened. He hadn't sensed her move - and now her head was right next to his. - You`ll prove me wrong someday. Kurama's muscles were frozen. That aroma he missed, and the lips he once longed for, were less than two inches from him. Sabishii withdrew and smiled at him. I`m going to get a drink. You guys want some?

Soda for me! Yusuke and Kuwabara called, their eyes fixed on the screen. Sabishii took her leave from the room.

Kurama blinked, his muscles gradually easing themselves. Hiei watched him, curiously. Even the kitsune couldn
't fathom the strangeness of the girl. In just one swift movement, the girl escaped the fox's instincts and managed to get so close without his knowledge. How? Hiei's curiosity nagged him, slightly. He determined he'd find out tomorrow.***



The rest of the night was spent watching movies. Everyone got tired of Yusuke kicking Kuwabara's ass in the video games. Hiei had gotten up from his window perch and sat down next to Kurama on the couch. Sabishii was sitting next to Yusuke and Kuwabara, enjoying the movie and some chips. It was cold in the room; no one wanted to get up to turn the air conditioner off.

“This movie`s weird… Why can`t we watch a horror?” Kuwabara asked, half slumped over his side of the couch. His lap was covered with popcorn, and he seemed too lazy to brush them off.

“Well, last time I remember, Sabishii can`t take horror films,” Yusuke replied, a bit tired. The movie they were watching was funny, but he hadn't pulled an all-nighter in a while, and now it felt new to him.

Kurama had finally gotten up to turn the air conditioner off. It was freezing in the room, and he didn't want it to get colder. He flipped the off switch and began to walk back to the couch when he saw Yusuke's arm around Sabishii. She was hugging her legs, and sleeping under the detective's arm. Kurama arched an eyebrow, and shook it off. The two were close friends. There wasn't more to it, was there? Yusuke did have Keiko.

Hiei let out a sigh as the cold air began to fade away. It was artificial winter in there, and he loathed it. If the humans wanted something cold, why not migrate? Or maybe just stuff their pants in sweet snow? The kitsune sat back down next to him, and Hiei felt a bit of tension in his body. Why did he care so much about that girl? She was idiotic, and a pest. She made Hiei curious, which annoyed him.
 
Yusuke stood up, gently lowering Sabishii's head onto the couch. Last thing he needed right now was one of her what the heck is your problem?! rampages if he woke her up. He stretched, and headed over to the kitchen for a new snack. Hiei glanced at him and looked back at the TV screen to try and amuse himself. Kurama got up and went to the kitchen, too, saying he needed a drink. Hiei scuffed at the kitsune, knowing that was a complete lie.

Kurama entered the kitchen and took a cup from the cabinet. Yusuke was rummaging around in the refrigerator, trying to find something tasty that will keep him up. Kurama leaned against the counter and took a sip of water.

“Yusuke?”

“Yeah?” Yusuke raised his head. He hadn't notice his friend come in.

“How are you and Keiko doing?” Yusuke's face screwed up a little bit when he heard his girlfriend's name.

“She`s annoyed at me for school bullshit,” he took out some soda and poured it into a glass. “She`s not really talking to me right now… But I passed-”

Barely, I suspect.”

“But I PASSED! And she said I should apply myself more or something…”

“Well, you were missing from school for three years. This may be your last chance at the game, Yusuke,” Kurama commented. Yusuke grumbled a little bit. It wasn't his fault that he had to go fight in the Makai. After a few moments of silence, Yusuke began to head to the other room, a fresh bag of popcorn in his hand. “Yusuke?”

“Yeah?” He turned around to face the red head.

“You and Sabishii…” Yusuke cocked an eyebrow. His friend was acting strange. “… Are pretty close. Keiko`s alright with your relationship?” Yusuke thought for a bit.

`Oh damn the couch Right…' Yusuke thought, the moment coming back to his head. That's right… Keiko would've smacked him to King Enma if she saw that.

“Well… She was fine with me and Sabishii before. Right now, I doubt she even knows that Sabishii`s back, ya' know? So I can`t say whether or not she minds,” Yusuke said, with a nervous chuckle.

“But don't you think that Sabishii may be thinking of you two as more than frie--”

A siren suddenly started going off outside. Kuwabara and Sabishii jumped from the couch, grabbing their ears. Kurama and Yusuke ran out from the kitchen. Everyone was alarmed. Shiori, Hakoda, and Hirokai [A/N: Okay, seriously, if anyone knows Kurama`s step father`s real name, could you tell me? I`m sure he has one somewhere o.o] ran down the stairs. Two police cars were outside, the siren and lights flaring everywhere. A man on the loudspeaker began to speak.


COME OUT ON THE LAWN WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR.


Hiei and Kurama exchanged looks. They weren't doing anything out of the ordinary, but they followed the orders. Sabishii looked at Yusuke, *what did you do, now?!'* Yusuke grunted and glared at her. *Yeah, well, you see There's a decapitated body in my locker and they must've seen - I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!'* They continued to glare at one another, exchanging faces to speak to each other. They were all outside, the lights blinding their eyes. The sirens had stopped.


NOW---̶ 1;


Everyone was taken back a little bit. What could they have done?!


SABISHII GET HOME, NOW!


******AN IMEFALL******



“DAD?!?!?!”

T he lights flashed off and Hiei watched as Sabishii marched up to a bulky looking man in a uniform. Everyone adjusted their eyes and put their arms down. Yusuke let the event sink in and dropped to the floor, laughing. Kurama moved into a mini blue moment, irritated, and slightly embarrassed. Kuwabara sighed of relief, and Kurama's family went to apologize to their neighbors.

“What are you doing staying at a boy`s house so late?!”

“I fell asleep watching a movie. I told you it was a friend`s graduation party!”

“Well I gave you no permission to stay over!”

Mom did!” The officer silenced. Sabishii rubbed her temple.

“W… Well what does she know? We have no knowledge of any of the people at this party. You could`ve gotten hurt!” Yusuke got off the ground and popped up behind Sabishii.

“Awws… You forgot about me, old man?” Yusuke smiled, a checker cat grin spreading from ear to ear. Sabishii's dad twitched. Stalemate. Now his daughter was going to kill him. He saw it in her eyes.

“Yeah… Well there you go. Yusuke was here, so I was perfectly safe the whole time,” Sabishii growled. Her father froze and slowly walked away to his vehicle.

Kurama sweat dropped. Her father was as overprotective as ever. Of course, the man trusted Yusuke. He was a bit of a big brother to her back then. Kurama smiled. That's right. They're just like siblings. Nothing more. He froze. Why would he be worried about that?! Sighing, he leaned against the wall. Hiei was irritated, muttering something about how humans were a waste of time. Kuwabara had retreated back inside, too tired to stand around any longer. Sabishii was apologizing to Kurama's family, bowing and looking hysterically sorry. Yusuke was scratching his head. She was speaking so fast, it was hard to understand. Kurama smiled. She was still the same.


***Noon Of The Next Day***


The sunlight dawned through the windows, awakening the light-sleeping kitsune. He stretched and looked around. He was on the couch? Oh right. The graduation party. Kuwabara and Kurama took the two couches, being the tallest ones. Hiei left once the group decided on sleeping, giving Kurama a sincere, and tired, goodbye. Yusuke insisted that Sabishii take the arm chair, but after a long argument, he took it. Sabishii took a pillow and some blankets to make a bed for herself next to the window, where Hiei spent most of his night yesterday.

“Hm?” Kurama stared at the window. The blankets were gone. He looked behind him and blinked. Yusuke had removed Sabishii from the window and cradled her while he slept. He had put the chair in a half-reclined position and lay back, with Sabishii on his lap, her head and legs on the arms of the seat. Kurama kept staring, for how long, he didn't notice… But the atmosphere was getting heavier.


The two of them were definitely too close.


Sabishii stirred, a cute little yawn escaping her mouth. Kurama blinked again, and looked away. How long was he staring? A few seconds? A few minutes? He heard a squeal behind him and whipped around. Sabishii was covering her mouth, knowing that she shouldn't have done that. She could've woken Yusuke up. Her leg slowly reached down to the ground and she got off the boy, a pink blush in her cheeks. `How did I end up there?' She turned and jumped, a bit startled by Kurama.

“Er… Good morning,” Sabishii smiled, more than a little ackward. She stared at his eyes. Tension. A lot of tension overtook his green orbs.

“… Good morning,” he walked upstairs and took a right, heading for the bathroom. Sabishii blinked. What`s with him?

Outside, a nosy little fire youkai was perched in a tree, peering at the situation. The kitsune cared way too much about the girl, and he saw no reason to. She was annoying, a nuisance, a pest, troublesome, loud, and… and… everything else he could think of. It made his veins pop just thinking about her. He never left the area around the house. He figured he'd follow the girl when she left. Who knew humans would take so long to sleep? `Hmph. Worthless creatures.' Hiei felt strange all of the sudden, and his eyes darted back to the window. Sabishii was looking up at him, a small wave following. He growled slightly and disappeared.

“Did I do anything wrong?” Sabishii mumbled to herself. If it was about the night before, it was certainly her father's fault. A chill ran up her spine and she spun around. Hiei. `How the heck did he get in?' An awkward silence hovered in the air. “Er… Hi…?”

“Hn. Idiot human,” he disappeared before her again, and reappeared behind her. She grew stiff for a moment. “Or are you not purely of that kind?” Silence again. “Onna.” Silence. He was far beyond irritated at this point. He was after one simple question, and she didn't even have the mind to answer. Hiei grabbed Sabishii and pinned her down.

“Hmmm? Hiei, what`s all this?” Sabishii laughed. Hiei drew his sword and put it against her neck. Her face grew serious.

“A simple answer will set you free, Onna. And in what position are you in to address me so informally?” Hiei growled. Sabishii looked at him, and locked her eyes with his. Hiei looked at her suspiciously, but his eyes grew wider each second her eyes dove into his.

A long time passed that the two stayed like that. Unnaturally still, and a single thought never passed. The blade was held perfectly in place, just slightly grazing her pale neck. Hiei's mind seemed to stop, unaware of the strange position and trance he was in.

“Hiei, what on earth?”

The silence shattered. Hiei blinked, suddenly aware of the stinging in his eyes. He jumped back and blinked several times to return the moisture. How long had he not been blinking?! His sight back to normal, he looked at the kitsune and Yusuke, who seemed to have woken up the same time Kurama came back downstairs. Yusuke kneeled down next to Sabishii and checked her throat.

“Hiei, answer me. What happened?” Kurama asked. Though Hiei was Hiei, he never attacked with no specific purpose… Well, not anymore. Hiei glanced at Sabishii. A pink line stained her neck. What exactly did happen?

“Yo, Hiei answer him. You could`ve killed her!” Yusuke exclaimed. “She isn`t your sparring partner; if anything attack Kuwabara or something.”

“Hn. The Onna`s irritating,” Hiei said, finally responding. He felt strange. That was the only thing he could've thought to say at that moment.

“That`s no reason to attack her,” Kurama sighed, retreating to the kitchen to cook breakfast. Yusuke helped Sabishii up.

“You can stand?”

“Yeah. No problem. Thanks,” Sabishii smiled. Yusuke grinned and went to wake up the big lug. Sabishii and Hiei stood there for a moment.

“Onna,” Hiei blinked. The words following held themselves. Sabishii looked at him, a strange glint in her eyes. She rested her hands on the couch and leaned back, her bangs falling over one eye.

“Hm?” Sabishii smiled. The tension between them grew.

`What's this atmosphere…' Hiei broke their connection and walked to the kitchen. There was absolutely no way that girl was human, was there? He glanced back at her. She waved. Foolish. Annoying. A nuisance. Idiotic. Gum at the bottom of his shoe. That's all she was. Just plain irritating. He paused for a minute, his mind on track again.

Hiei won't let her off with just that one stare-down. He'll just have to take the answers himself. His anger grew. One thing was sure to him.




He won't let her win.




End Chapter 3 Part Two




Me: So how was that? I'm sorry if it was bad… Just I couldn't bring Hiei and Sabishii to a simple begin and close sequence together D:!!!

Yusuke: Don't worry. I'm sure the readers won't feel the need to even flame. Damn that was so bad xDDD!!!

Me: UUWWWAAAAHHH!!! I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SO SO SO SORRY!!!

Kurama: Just try harder ><;;;… And stop screaming please. My ears hurt.

Me: TT-TT… I'll try harder in the future chapters I promise… Thank you for reading everyone…