Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Need Me, Anymore? ❯ Curiosity ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Me: So that was like… Two really long chapters.

Kurama: So perhaps it’s time for a shorter chapter?

Me: I have no idea. What do you think, Hiei?

Hiei: Hn.

Me: Yeah I thought so. Yusuke?

Yusuke: u.u <zzzzzZZZ

Me: Mmhm yeah… Interesting… -.-

Kuwabara: So who’s chapter’s this one?

Me: Well after having some of my friends read it, they said that the end of the chapter implied that Hiei was going next, so sorry Kawabata =[…

Kuwabara: So… Next chapter’s my turn?

Me: Yup! I think @.@…. Anyways. Enough ranting. I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, but you can enjoy the chapter anyway and R&R. Read&Review :D.



Chapter 3 Part One Curiosity



As soon as Sabishii said the words “moved back,” Kurama’s hope sank. There was absolutely no way he could stand her in his life again. I mean really, the girl was crazy. Just plain crazy. Yusuke had popped ten bags of popcorn and Kuwabara opened countless bag of chips. Kurama looked over at Hiei and their eyes met. He read them quickly and shook his head at the fire youkai. There was no way he’d let Hiei escape the party; he was perhaps the only person there who was sane enough to deal with. Hiei grunted slightly and adjusted his legs to stop them from falling asleep.

“So how‘ve you been, Shuiichi? Got yourself a girl?”

Kurama jerked a little and turned his head toward Sabishii. She sat down next to him and tossed a couple of popcorn in her mouth. Kurama glanced at the sofa she had been sitting on, before. Yusuke and Kuwabara had moved it to face the television to play some video games.

“I‘ve been fine. And no. I have no girlfriend at this moment,” Kurama replied, crossing his legs. “…And yourself?”

“I‘ve been… Around. My family and I moved around so frequently, I could imagine they were on the run or something,” Sabishii chuckled, slightly. Kurama looked at her, and the tension in his body eased. “They said that we’d be staying here for good, though. As for a girlfriend, I don‘t have one. Last time I checked, I was straight.” Sabishii smiled at him, with a teasing grin.

“So you have a boyfriend, then?”

“Nope. I‘m single. I‘ve dated a couple of guys, but long distance doesn‘t really last for me,” she said, offering him some popcorn. He took a few in his hand.

Hiei was listening to the conversation between the two old friends. The girl’s responses were completely human-like, no doubt. His eyes narrowed. The kitsune wasn’t going to get deep into anything, so his curiosity moved him into reading Sabishii’s mind to find some information. He focused some energy into his jagan and threw himself into the human’s thoughts. A few moments passed. Nothing. Hiei blinked, and tried again. There was absolutely no thoughts in the girl’s mind, and there was a strong barrier guarding her memories. Impossible! Just impossible. What is with this human girl?

“A couple of more experiences than me, I suppose,” Kurama continued. Sabishii laughed.

“Oh, c‘mon. You‘re probably thousands of years old. There‘s no way that you remained innocent that whole time,” Sabishii’s eyes shined a little from her smile, and Kurama mentally smacked himself for noticing that.

“Well I can‘t say I‘m a clean person in my past life,” Kurama closed his eyes a brief moment, realizing that he was getting too tired to be staying awake for long. Sabishii giggled and threw popcorn at him. He jerked and stared at her.

“Dirty dirty little boy!” Sabishii laughed, dodging the couple of popcorn that flew her way. Kurama smirked a little at her child-like attitude, and brushed away the popcorn that remained on his lap.

“Hmph,” Hiei’s eyes closed. Maybe he was just too tired. There is no way possible that a human can block his jagan, was there? He opened his eyes to gaze at the night sky. Perhaps he’ll find out when he’s rested. For now, Yusuke and Kuwabara were annoying him too much for him to concentrate.

“Hey, Kurama… You know what‘s been bugging me for a while, now?” Yusuke called. Kurama turned his head to face the detective.

“What is it, Yusuke?”

“Well… I don‘t know if it‘s a demon thing or whatever… But why haven‘t you and Hiei gotten any girls in the years I‘ve known you two?” Yusuke asked, putting the game on pause.

“Yeah, that‘s true. Yusuke‘s got Keiko, I‘m working on Yukina,” Kuwabara started. Hiei flinched a bit at the mention on his sister’s name. Amazing how Hiei had not sliced the buffoon into a million pieces, yet. “- But I‘ve never seen you or Hiei make any moves on a girl… And we‘ve known each other for a while.”

“I can’t speak for Hiei, but I, myself am not interested in starting a relationship at this point, I suppose,” Kurama blinked, not exactly sure of his reply. Sabishii’s eyebrow raise a little.

“Maybe you two just haven‘t come out of the closet, yet,” Sabishii muttered, biting her tongue to keep from laughing. Kurama’s head whipped around.

“I heard that,” Kurama sweat dropped at the human dropping to the ground in uncontrollable laughter. Hiei growled, slightly, his ears also picking up the girl’s comment. Yusuke caught on, and filled Kuwabara in before the two started cracking up.

‘Annoying humans…’ Hiei resisted the urge to throw his sword at the girl’s face and turned his head once again to the night. There was absolutely no way that girl wasn’t human. She was completely idiotic, such as the rest.

“I assure you, Sabishii. I‘m straight,” Kurama sighed, leaning back into the sofa.

“I don‘t know, Kurama. By the way you‘ve acted in the past, one could say you‘re just confused,” Sabishii smirked, taking a stab at the last memory the two had. Kurama caught her back-handed comment and looked away from her.

“Perhaps, maybe-” Kurama stiffened. He hadn’t sensed her move - and now her head was right next to his. “- You‘ll prove me wrong someday.” Kurama’s muscles were frozen. That aroma he missed, and the lips he once longed for, were less than two inches from him. Sabishii withdrew and smiled at him. “I‘m going to get a drink. You guys want some?”

“Soda for me!” Yusuke and Kuwabara called, their eyes fixed on the screen. Sabishii took her leave from the room.

Kurama blinked, his muscles gradually easing themselves. Hiei watched him, curiously. Even the kitsune couldn’t fathom the strangeness of the girl. In just one swift movement, the girl escaped the fox’s instincts and managed to get so close without his knowledge. How? Hiei’s curiosity nagged him, slightly. He determined he’d find out tomorrow.



End Chapter 3 Part 1



Me: Okay, so this is part 1. Why? Because I told myself that I would not do another super long chapter, and I’m determined to keep it that word.

Kurama: So the next chapter is still of Hiei?

Me: Yeah. I’m sorry, Kuwabara. But I’m cutting Hiei’s chapter to two to avoid another long one :[…

Kuwabara: Damnit. I deserve more than that shrimp!

Hiei: You really DO have a death wish, don’t you?

Kuwabara: MAYBE I DO!

Me: Guys calm down. Let’s say good night for now.

Yusuke: Yeah, she’s right. Kuwabara needs all the beauty sleep he can get.

Kuwabara: HEY!

Me: Again, I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho. Please R&R. I’ll update soon. :D