Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ Pass ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiei looked at Ceridwen proudly. He had been right about her power. She was even a decent match for Yuske and probably himself as well. Hiei knew Kurama felt the same and was glad that Hiei had picked her. As Yuske tried to pull himself up Hiei tried to remember where he had heard about the Lai organization before. It hit him. They had entered the Dark Tournament the last time he was there but they had to back out when two of their teammates had left on a mission. Had Ceridwen been among them?

Yuske was up now and Ceridwen was charging him. Hiei saw that Yuske had set a trap. Now Ceridwen would really be tested. It seemed too late for her when he saw the huge grin on her face. She knew! It appeared that she had planned for it. She jumped twenty feet high over Yuske and struck him on the back of the neck. She hit him in a spot that would paralyze him for five minutes, more than enough for a round to be over and for her to win.

Both Kurama and Hiei were deeply impressed. She had planned every move and executed them perfectly. Yuske was successfully stopped for the time being and Ceridwen still had enough strength to fight some more. Hiei liked her already because each time she fought she used a new technique. Most likely she would have to repeat one eventually but it seemed she would never do it twice in a row. Hiei had a feeling that she had more techniques left before she would repeat any.

Hiei stood along with Kurama as Ceridwen walked back to her bag. She reached in and pulled out a purple velvet bag. She walked over to Yuske and reached into the small bag. When her hand returned into sight it was gripping some dust. Ceridwen sprinkled some on Yuske and blew the rest into the air. Yuske sat up and shook his head. "So she beat me," he asked Kurama and Hiei.

Helping Yuske to his feet Kurama said, "It appears that if she had struck higher that not only would she have beaten you she would have killed you.

Yuske smiled at Ceridwen and said, "Thanks for not killing me."

"Anytime," she said softly. Ceridwen then turned to Hiei. "Did you tell them the condition on which I will join?"

"No," he said. He then turned to Kurama and Yuske. "Ceridwen will join us as long as she can fight the member of her choice from the Scythe team."

Yuske asked, "Why?" Kurama elbowed him in the gut so obviously that Ceridwen stared at him. She entered his mind and asked you know? Kurama nodded and looked away. She was suddenly very grateful that neither Hiei nor Kurama had said why she wanted to fight a specific Scythe member and felt that if she would make friends with any of these people it would most likely be them. Yuske was staring at her now so she glared into his eyes. "I want to know if you can wake Kuwabara up now," he said. He apparently got the fact that both Hiei and Kurama knew her intentions and had no interest in telling him. Frankly she didn't either. With a wave of her hand she let Kuwabara awaken. Kurama and Hiei motioned for her to follow them. She zipped up her pack with everything inside it, including her cloak, and followed them. Hiei could sense her gratitude towards them now and knew that it would be useful with team disagreements. They stopped outside a door and opened it. Hiei said, "For three weeks this will be your room. The bathroom is on the other side of the hall and the kitchen is downstairs. We wake at dawn and eat breakfast. One hour past sunrise I expect you to be ready to train. Understood?"

Ceridwen nodded and said, "Thank you for your hospitality and your silence. I am grateful for both. I shall do my best or better and I will not take this opportunity for granted. I will follow the rules and expectations."

Kurama smiled at her and then they left. Hiei walked in silence to his and Kurama's room. "Is something wrong Hiei," Kurama asked him.

"Yes," he responded. "I worry that she will not be ready in time because I might not be able to train her to the best of her abilities do to my unfortunate accident in the last Dark Tournament."

"I have a feeling that she could make it now. I know that we made stupid mistakes but she was able to beat two of us without using too much energy. I have little doubt that in the end she might have beaten you."

Hiei glared at Kurama but sighed when he realized he was probably right. The trick to beating Ceridwen wasn't strength and power, it was cunning. They went to sleep Kurama fully unaware that Hiei might have picked Ceridwen for more than her powers.