Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ Breakfast ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ceridwen washed her face in the bathroom and then climbed into the sleeping bag on the floor. She stared at the ceiling and realized how fast her life was moving now. Just last night she had been tracking Bane and then went on her way to the airport. Daylight had come and she had to wait several hours before a bag looked big enough for her. After that there had been the incident with security and finally she was in another ally just four hours ago.

She had beaten each member of the team except Hiei. Why didn't he want to fight her? Was he afraid she would beat him? Or maybe he just didn't want her to know his style of fighting before her training began. For whatever reason he didn't fight her didn't matter. She was on the team and had three weeks to train with Hiei and then one week until the Tournament. This would be the hardest month of her life since she graduated at Lai. With these thoughts in her head she fell asleep.

Ceridwen opened her eyes and looked out the window. The sun wasn't even up yet. She walked across the hall and showered. Back in her room she braided her long hair again and got dressed in shorts and a tank. She put on her sneakers and walked down the stairs.

Nobody was there yet so she went into the kitchen. She prepared some eggs bagels and fruit. As she began to eat she heard noises coming from upstairs. It seemed that someone had flushed the toilet while Kuwabara was in the shower and he was scalded. She laughed silently to herself.

Ceridwen heard footsteps down the stairs and soon Kurama and Hiei appeared. She looked up from her plate, flashed a quick smile and pointed to the food on the table. They glanced at each other and dug in. "How long have you been awake," Kurama asked.

She glanced at her watch and said, "A little over an hour. Nobody was awake so I made breakfast to pass the time."

Both Hiei and Kurama looked pleased that she had followed the rule to get up by dawn and looked even more pleased that she made breakfast. "At least someone here can cook," Hiei said. They ate in silence and five minutes later Yuske and Kuwabara appeared. Kuwabara, still looking extremely red, stared at the food on the table.

"Who cooked it," he asked.

"I did. Go ahead and eat or else I will find it insulting and beat you up more than I did last night."

Yuske smiled at her as he took one large bite out of a bagel. Kuwabara looked embarrassed and ate too. Through the bagel Yuske asked, "How come you didn't make any bacon?"

Getting annoyed Ceridwen said, "I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I don't eat meat."

Kuwabara stopped chewing on egg and said, "How can you not eat meat? What do you do for protein? Great Hiei you probably got some crazy lunatic who will kill us all when she has a huge craving for meat!" What happened next was so fast that it took Kuwabara a second to realize what had been done to him. Ceridwen had stood up and sent her telekinetic powers at Kuwabara, slamming him against the back wall in the main room. He was stuck on it like a giant spider web.

"One, I don't eat meat because it makes me sick to imagine the animal it used to be. Two, there are other ways to get protein. Finally, I wouldn't eat you Kuwabara because I have been a vegetarian since I was five. If I wanted to put your body to use, I would kill you and use you for training dummy. The only difference would be is that instead of just being dumb you would get punched and kicked but there would be no annoying screeches of pain!" She let him fall to the floor and then sat down and finished her breakfast. He didn't come back into the kitchen but went upstairs to his room.

Yuske stared at her with a surprised look on his face. Hiei and Kurama just looked interested. Everyone finished the meal in total silence. Hiei told the others to clean and he led her into the arena.