Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ Mission Statement ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They got off the plane and quickly got something to eat. After their rushed meal Yuske suggested that they get a move on and walk to the ferry. "Don't we have another week and a half until the first fight," Ceridwen asked.

The others looked at Yuske with the same ideas in their minds. "Well," he said turning a little red. "That's true but you see... I think we should get there early and scope out the competition."

Ceridwen stared at him. "Really Yuske? Because I think we should just go when everyone else goes so that way we actually can scope out the competition." Yuske turned a deeper shade of red.

After a few uneasy minutes he asked, "Well if we don't go now then what will we do for a week and a half?"

"I don't know. Maybe I could sightsee, it is my first time really being here. You guys could pretty much do what you want unless you really feel like playing tour guide..." Nobody said anything. "That's what I thought. Okay so I guess we should find a motel or something and then I'll go off and meet you back at dinner. How's that sound?"

They all agreed and went off to find a motel. They checked in and Ceridwen went off on her own. Or at least she thought she was alone. She soon felt eyes on her but when she looked around she saw nobody familiar. She shrugged it off and continued to look around at the buildings and everything. She loved the culture in foreign countries, after spending so much time in London she got bored of seeing the same things all the time.

This time she knew someone was following her and she intended to confront them. She turned left down an ally and slowed her pace. She knew they weren't walking behind her so they had to be above her on the roof of a building. She paused and bent as if to tie her shoe. Out of the corner of her eye she saw it. She didn't see their face but the way they moved was familiar.

She let her energy swim in her hand. Whoever this was would pay for spying on her. She watched their movements and predicted two spots they would go next. She sent two blasts out and sure enough she'd been right. When they saw the first they tried to go the other way to find it blocked as well. The only safe place to go was into the ally with her.

They jumped down and landed in front of her. She then recognized them. "Vera," she asked. "Is it really you?"

Vera nodded and took off her mask. "I was promoted to statement advisor. I tried to track you down but you never came back to your assigned space. I saw you get on the plane and had to teleport on essences to find you. Then when you left the motel I trailed you. What happened? Weren't you on a rescue op for Bane?"

Ceridwen stood rigid. "Yes. I was."

"So? What happened? "Why isn't he here?"

"Vera," Ceridwen said quietly. "Bane's dead."

"I see. I am deeply sorry Ceri. I guess you'll take this mission on alone then?"

"I can't take on a mission now. I have business to attend to."

"Well that doesn't explain why you left London. Anyway what do you mean business? You can't complete the Scythe op so what could you possibly have to do?"

"I left London to complete something that I have to do. Don't ask me what because I won't tell you."

"Well fine but you're obligated to complete all Lai ops assigned to you so here's your mission statement. I suggest you comply within the week or else you might get revoked from the field. It's bad enough you left your assignment but you didn't even report an officer down. Unless you do well on the next mission then they'll demote you. Bye."

Ceridwen took the envelope and when Vera left she read it. It was stupid work anyway. A recent Lai grad could handle this. She tossed it in the trash but not before reading two names on the danger list. Hiei's name was on it again. This time however it said that he'd regained some use of his right arm. How could they know that unless Hiei's been telling everyone? She shrugged her shoulders and went back to the motel. The rest of the week and a half went the same way. She toured and came back at dark. Soon the day had come and they left for the night ferry.