Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Keeping Your Guard Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Keeping Your Guard Up.Author: Arizonaicerose (just call me Saku though)Pairing: Hiei/TouyaFandom: Yu Yu HakushoTheme: #3, joltDisclaimer: I don't own the show or the characters, I am only borrowing them, only to return them....
A/N: Ok if you haven't seen Touya and Kurama's fight during the Dark Tournament there maybe spoilers, depending on how you are.
~_~
"Hey lookie there, isn't that one of the Shinobi's?" A tall lanky demon stretched out a finger to Touya.


"Yeah I think so...." His buddy glared at the blue haired demon. "Pretty sad how quickly he got beaten wasn't it? Almost makes me wanna go tell everyone that hired them that it was a waste of money." He snarled before turning away.


Though he could not see the demon's lips, Touya was almost certain that he heard 'pathetic' come from the two. Gritting his teeth, the ice master lowered his eyes as he continued on. Carefully he limped his hand clutched tightly to his stomach. His wounds from the recent battle against Kurama were still fresh, and any fast movements caused pain to lance throughout his body.


Eyes stayed to the concrete ground as Touya limped away from snickering demons. His face stayed emotionless as he walked the long winding halls, desperately wanting to hide. Maybe the hospital wing wasn't that bad. At least there the nurses didn't snicker at his loss to 'human' who's energy was locked inside. Crimson stained his cheeks as Touya turned a corner, he realized how pathetic the loss may have seemed to onlookers. But he had tried his hardest....he really had.


Sighing the demon turned leaning against the cold brick hall. He barely noticed how the darkness loomed in this one hall. His mind was too lost in what had happened, in the jeering, to notice anything around him.


He did not notice anything until he was jolted from his thoughts with a shove on the shoulder. Sapphire eyes glanced over to the side, staring into the crimson eyes of another man.


"You were pretty out of it you know," Hiei looked back over at the main hall before turning back to the ice master. "If I were you I'd stay a little alert around here. You are in the same boat as our team now it sounds like." Turning Hiei started as if to walk away but stopped glancing over his shoulder one last time. "Or you might end up dead."


Touya opened his mouth to speak, but closing it immediately. What could he say. Shaking his head the ice master leaned against the wall again, content on staying in the dark hall alone.


Growling Hiei rolled his eyes as he turned grasping Touya's fishnet shirt, pulling on the fabric Hiei brought Touya up to his face. Eye to eye they stood, neither moving as they stared at each other. Suddenly Hiei tugged on the shirt, the sudden jolt causing Touya to stumble forward, their lips crashing together in a kiss.


Gasping Touya pulled away staring dumbfounded at the fire demon as he smirked. "You should keep your guard up." Turning the fire demon walked back to the main hall, leaving a dumbfounded ice master alone in the dark.


Stunned Touya gently brought a hand to his lips as he stared at the passage where the fire demon had disappeared from.


~_~


Ah darn it that sounded ten times better in my head somehow...