Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hatsukoi ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Three years ago....



"So, you're leaving, already?" the young eleven-year-old Sakura Kuroda said as she turned to Shuichi Minamino. Shuichi nodded as he began packing. The two of them were in his room as she sighed and sat on his bed. "Why do you have to transfer so suddenly? I mean, it's the middle of the year and you're going to another school...." she said as she lay on his bed while her knees were still bent at the edge of his bed.
"Well, we'll keep in touch, right?" he said. Sakura sighed. "Possibly."
He looked at her strangely. "Possibly"? Why did she say the word "possibly"? She sat up as she hugged her knees.
"Daijoubu?" she asked.
"Why do you say 'possibly'?" he asked.
She sighed. "You'll find out soon.... probably.... tomorrow, on your last day of school." Sakura got up as she began to walk out of the room, with Shuichi staring at her...



A walk to school, a walk in the hallway, a walk to class, a walk to another class; by the end of the day, a move-away party, for Shuichi Minamino. They were all outside as you can see the cherry blossoms falling like light snow in the spring. It was the last period of school as everyone was saying their farewells. Maya Kitajima seemed the most sad, but Sakura was actually; she just didn't show it. 'I'm going to have to tell him soon...' she thought as she sighed. The bell had rang as everyone headed back in the classroom, which left Sakura and Shuichi alone. "Sakura-chan, what is it that you wanted to tell me?"
Sakura sighed. "I....I don't know if I should tell you or not..."
"Just tell me."
It was silent for awhile as she turned to him. They were right next to each other as she felt her eyes well-up tears as a few fell down. "Shuichi...." She suddenly came up to him and hugged him. "Ah! Sa-Sakura-chan..." he said as he hugged her back. "Shuichi, the reason why I say 'possibly' is because I probably won't see you anymore. After I tell you why...." she said as she looked up at him.
"Su....s-suki de, Shuichi."
Shuichi stood there wide-eyed as Sakura's tears began to cry a little. "I know you don't like me in that way, I know that you....that you love Maya. I know that she loves you back. So... that's why... I won't see you anymore...." she said as she began to run towards the school. 'I know one day, I'll regret saying that, I'll regret my true feelings towards him, I'll regret ever knowing him... Gomen nasai.'



Present....


A walk in the hallways as faces passed. Fourteen-year-old Sakura lowered her head as her bangs covered her eyes. She sighed as her black hair was tied into a low-ponytail. She has a pinkish-purplish eye color along with purplish-black hair that goes down to her upper mid-back. She wore a white blouse with a black jacket over it with a blue ribbon-tie, a black skirt, that goes at least one inch above her knee, with black knee-high socks and dress school shoes. She sighed as she went to her last class. She made no friends, practically. She has some, but they attended different schools. She made no new friends at her new school, seeing that she was the youngest one there. Advanced for her age and over her average academic level. Studied hard to get into the high school she's in now. She didn't listen to the teacher too much, because she was already ahead. Finally, the bell rang. She waited until everyone was gone and went to her locker. She sighed as she gathered her books and went outside. It was summer, still the beginning of the year. She walked home as she was near by the school known as Meiou High. She stopped suddenly as she heard a bunch of screaming girls behind her, coming from her school, as well other schools. She had wide-eyes as she stepped to the side and waited until the stampede was gone. She sighed as she looked over towards them. 'Oh, great! They're blocking my way....' she thought as all the girls seemed to be surrounding someone.
She tried to walk passed them, but only got pushed out. "Itai...." she said as she rubbed the back of her head. "Ah, gomen ne..." a voice said as a boy came out from the crowd of girls. She looked up at him; tall, long red hair, green eyes, a nice smile. She stared at him for a moment as her eyes widened. "Are you alright, miss?" he asked. "H-hai... sumimasen," she said as she began to run away, leaving the boy clueless and staring at her oddly. The crowd of girls surrounded him once again as soon as Sakura was no longer to be seen.
Sakura ran all the way home as she shut the door behind her. "Hi, Honey, how was your day?" her mother asked. "Uh.... um... fine..." she said as she ran upstairs to her room. "Sakura! I need to talk to you later on today, okay?" her mother asked. "Hai, okaasan," Sakura said before going into her room. She leaned on her door as she slumped down to the ground. She could feel that her face was all red. She couldn't believe what had happened, she didn't want to. She didn't want to see him again....
'Shuichi.... I told myself that I won't see you, and yet, I saw you.... your school is so close to mine, but I wish not to see you.... ever since that day, two years ago....'