Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hatsukoi ❯ Shinjirarenai ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter One


Name:
Sakura Kuroda (Sakura means "cherry tree" or "cherry blossom"; Kuroda means "black field")
Other names: Sakuya, Hana[mi], Kiseki, Yume
Alias(es): Miracle-chan; Sakura no Hana; Bulaklak[h] (wording meaning "flower" in Filipino/Tagalog)

Age: 14

Name of school: Seiryuu High

Birthdate: August 14
Birthplace: Sakura, Chiba (Chiba is a province in Japan and Sakura is a city in Chiba, basically, Chiba is part of Tokyo)

Origin: Philippines
Ethnicity: Filipino

Gender: Female

Height: 5'4"
Weight: about 93 lbs.

Strength point(s): Standing up for others, smiling, helping others, singing, playing several instruments, understanding animals, can see in the dark, has good hearing
Weak point(s): Minor breathing problems [similar to asthma], weak knees, family, being shy, being weak in general, cries, daydreaming too much, being stubborn

Hair color: [Purplish-]black
Eye color: Amethyst [pinkish-purplish]

Bloodtype: O positive

Favorite color: Almost all colors
Favorite word(s): "Arigato[u]" ("Thank you"), "Mirai" ("Future"), "Egao ("Smile"), "Daisuki" ("I love you/it")

Family
*Mother:
Chiaki
*Father: Masahiro
*Younger brother (deceased): Naoki
*Pet (cat): Vanilla [cream cameo tabby American shorthair; best friend, Sayuri]
*Pet (dog): Sayuri [black and off-whitish German shepherd, part Labrador; best friend, Vanilla]



~*~



Sakura lay ontop of her bed as she stared up at the ceiling. 'I thought that I'd never see him again.... I don't want to see him, I never wanted to see him after that....' she thought; she sighed as she hugged her pillow and covered her face with it. "D*mnit!" she said as her pillow muffled her saying. She sighed. 'Great, I have to pass by Meiou every school day.... Oi....' she thought as she turned over to her window, which was by her bedside. It was still early in the afternoon, around four.
"Sakura! I'm going over Shiori's house, would you like to come?" Sakura's mother yelled from downstairs.
'Shiori? Isn't that....?' "Uh, no, Mom! I'll be fine all by myself!" she yelled back.
"Okay, but I need you to come over with me sometime soon, there's something we have to do."
"Okay." Sakura sighed as she waited until her mom left. She watched her pull out of the driveway and drive away. Sakura then got out of her bed and went downstairs and out in her front yard. She went up to the cherry tree and began to pick some of the frest cherries that were ready to eat. She sighed once again as she brought the cherries inside her house and set them on the table and wrote a note saying: "I went out for awhile, be back soon. ~Sakura" She suddenly heard her cat, Vanilla, mew. "Vanilla-chan..." she said picking up the cream colored kitten. The little kitten tilted her head as Sakura nodded and placed her on her shoulder. Sakura was tired somewhat, she walked on the sidewalk going towards the park. 'Wait, it couldn't be him. Could it? I don't know... It couldn't. But still.....'
"Mew," Vanilla mewed as she rubbed her head against Sakura's neck. She laughed slightly as she put the kitten down; the kitten followed her at her feet and stayed close. "Arf! Arf!!" a dog's bark could be heard from behind. Sakura turned around to see her dog, Sayuri, following them. She laughed as she bent over and took the leash, which was in her mouth. "It's about time you came here..." she said.
Sakura sighed again. Another day, another day where her mother had gone off somewhere, and her father went as well, before coming home. She has always wondered where they had gone. They've always asked her to come, but she didn't feel like it. Sakura never really felt like it. She sighed as she sat down on a bench as Vanilla jumped up on it, and onto her lap as she petted her. Sayuri was lying down on the grass, sleeping. The wind softly blew Sakura's blackish hair as her amethyst colored eyes stared at the sky, onto the horizon.



~*~



"Mother, I'll be off, now!" Shuichi Minamino said as his mother nodded. His human mother was engaged to be married soon in a couple of weeks; the kitsune went outside. Shuichi Minamino, also known as Kurama, was to meet up with his friends; also his fellow teammates of being on the Urameshi Spirit Detective Team. He sighed as he began to walk towards the park, the usual place where they meet. He stared up at the sky at the thought of the girl that he ran into. 'Why did she run off all of a sudden. She had a look of fear in her eyes when she saw me. I could smell her fear.... but why? I mean... we haven't met before, have we?' he thought. He then shook his head. 'No, we haven't we met... I'm sure of it, but.... her scent smells somewhat familiar...' He walked down the long path sidewalk as a few little kids ran past him, telling him he was near the park.
By the time he got there, he was obviously the first one. He sat on a bench and waited as he watched several children run around playing with each other as friends or with their parents. He smiled, remembering all the times when he was little, as human, and with his human mother. He suddenly looked up to feel the presense of Hiei. Hiei smirked at his somewhat shocked faced. "I assume if we're the only ones here so far...." Hiei said as Kurama nodded.



~*~



Sakura sighed. She really didn't like the life she was living. Her parents never really support her for school; well, her dad really doesn't support her. Her father doesn't encourage her at all, it seems. Her family is distant and cold to her; she isolates herself from others, seeing that she's been alone for most of her life. She never had true friends. She had friends, but not true friends; the ones you can trust and always go to when you have troubles. The ones where they comfort you and make you happy. Sakura says herself that she doesn't know the true meaning of having true friends. 'Doushite? Why does it always have to be me? I know I'm different from others.... very different. If I leave this world, if I die, no one would probably notice that I'm gone.... No one, not even my own family.... they hate me, I know that,' she thought. 'I know that my father cares about me.... yet, I don't think he does. All he cares about is the fact if I get good grades, threatening me so I could get better grades.... I hate my life! I hate it! But..... there was only one person who actually cared about me as much as my mother, maybe even more...... Shuichi....' Sakura felt a few tears escape from her eyes as she wiped them away. She sighed as she got up, causing her two pets to wake up and follow her, and walked around to the small pond. Her two pets were beside her as Vanilla sat ontop of Sayuri's head.

'I want to find someone for me and only me. Who loves me for me; not to judge me by the way I look or the way I act. Why can't I find that certain someon? I want to know. Is it someone close to me now, or far away from me? I live in a world of pain. I have nightmares of the days when I was only a child; where my father beat me up constantly and I silently cried myself to sleep each night. I know he loves me, but he tortured me, and it's hard to see. My mother yells at me. Hitting me hard and kicking me. They make me work too hard. I carry many things. My bag is heavy at the end of the school day, making my knees weak. I can't walk as well as I used to. I know they love. They told me themselves. They held me when I cried. They knew how I felt when I was little, but no one knows how I feel now. I'm a complicated person. They underestimate me, and yet they can't. I've isolated myself from this world ever since that day of which I will regret.....'



~*~



Kurama sighed. The Spirit Detectives had the day off and they only met to hang out for awhile. It's been awhile since their last mission(s). Yusuke and Kuwabara were being the usual perverts and fooling around with several school girls, who were more interested in Hiei and Kurama, and some Yusuke. It was only Thursday, and Yusuke was already goofing off. As soon as the girls ran off, Kurama and Hiei just stared at Yusuke and Kuwabara fighting some other junior high boys at other schools, seeing as though they were bored. "Hn. They called us here to watch them beat up others, and for them to be beaten up? I could've done that myself...." Hiei said as he disappeared suddenly. Kurama sighed. He started to walk away, although knowing that Yusuke and Kuwabara would notice sooner or later. He began to walk around.

Suddenly, something happened. He stopped in place as his eyes went blank. A girl came to his mind. A year younger, as human of course. She wore her hair in pigtails, her hair went down just a few centimeters past her shoulders. She always had a smile on her face. Pictures of a girl from his past came to his mind suddenly. She was smiling, she was crying; she was laughing, she was singing, she was dancing, she was sighing; she was lazy, she was dreaming. Her voice came to his mind, her saying his [human] name over and over again. While she was smiling or crying or laughing or just calling him out.

"Gomen ne, Shui-chan." "Can you help me out here, Shuichi?" "Shuichi! Where are you?" "Shuichi Minamino!" "Arigatou gozaimasu, Shuichi-san." "Look, Shuichi! I got a puppy!" "Don't you trust me, Shuichi?" "What's wrong, Shuichi?" "I don't know.... if I should tell you or not, Shuichi." "Suki de..... Shuichi."

"Who is that girl? Why does she seem familiar to me?" he said quietly as his phone suddenly rang; his mother telling him to come home in a few minutes.



~*~



Sakura came home as soon as her mother called. "I need you to come with me over a friends house," her mother said as she nodded. "Okaasan, where are we going?" Sakura asked. "It's a surprise." Sakura rolled her eyes. 'Oh boy.... a surprise....' she thought sarcastically as they pulled up to a house. Sakura's mother rang the doorbell as a women, around her early fourties (same age as Sakura's mother) opened the door and smiled as she hugged her mother.
"Chiaki, is she here?" the woman said. Sakura's mother nodded. "Here she is." Her mother stepped to her side as Sakura came into the woman's eye view. She gasped as she suddenly hugged her. "Uhm.... uh...." Sakura stuttered as the woman pulled back. The woman laughed. "Oh, it's been too long, Sakura. It's me, Minamino Shiori," she said as Sakura suddenly smiled as she hugged her again. "It's good to see you, Shiori," she said as the three of them went inside the house. "I want you to be one of the maids-of-honor for my upcoming wedding," Shiori said. "You're getting married?" Sakura's mother and Shiori nodded. "If you would've come with me all the times I've asked you, you would've found out earlier."
"Oh...."
"Well, Sakura, do you think you'd like to be one of the maids-of-honor?"
Sakura nodded. "I'd love to be."
The two women nodded and smiled. "Try on the dress now!" they both said as they went upstairs like excited teenagers.



~*~



"Okaasan, tadaima!" Shuichi Minamino/Kurama said as he entered in his home. He walked into the living room to see a girl, staring out the window. "Um.... miss...." The girl suddenly turned around; the two of them stared at each other. "I-If you're wondering where your mother is, she's upstairs with my mother....." the girl said. "Oh, hai.... ano.... may I ask your name?"
"Kuroda.....Sakura. And you are Minamino, Shuichi."
"How do you know my name?"
The girl named Sakura sighed. "I know your name because I have met you before...." This only made Shuichi confused. "Su.....suki de, Shuichi." Shuichi eyes widened as Sakura went back to looking out the window. "How long has it been?" he asked. "About two to three years...." she said as they heard their mothers come down. "Ah, so I see you two are catching up," Shiori said as they both seemed to nod slightly. Sakura sighed. "Okaasan, I'm going to head home now. I still need to finish some things...." she said as her mother nodded. "Okay, I'll see you back at the house."

Sakura headed out the door, as Shuichi followed her suddenly and grabbed her arm before she left. She turned around puzzled. "N-Nani?"
"Oh, gomenasai.... It's nothing...."



~*~



Next day, walking through the hallways, being alone. Isolation from everyone else. A walk to class, out back to the hall, and back in another class. 'Another boring school day of being isolated from others. I'm the youngest one in the entire school. No one ever talks to me..... Isolation.' A walk down the hall, to the lockers, taking books, walking outside, the weekend. Sakura was walking outside as she began to go towards Meiou High. She sighed. She walked passed the gates as she could feel his presence.
"Sakura-san, matte!" he heard her say as she stopped and looked over her shoulder. He ran over towards her.
"Hi...." she said quietly.
"What's wrong?"
"Iie, nothing...." she said as they began to cross over towards the park. "What do you want?"
"Are you okay? You're acting different than you usually did back then...."
"........" Sakura was silent. Did he forget what she had said long ago? Or is he just biting his time out with her? She looked up at him. "Don't you remember what happened the last time I saw you, a couple years back?" she said. He was silent for awhile. He sighed. "Do you?"
"......yes, I remember....."
"......gomenasai....." Sakura said before running off.
"Sakura!" Shuichi called out, but Sakura didn't listen. She didn't want to go back. She didn't want to see him again. But..... 'I still have the same feelings for him... he will never feel the same way as me; But he's the only one I can think of.... that has a place in my heart.... I want to get over him, but I can't.'