Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We II ❯ IX: Distressed ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

Kurama sighed as he continued to stare blankly at his bedroom ceiling. His eyelids began to feel heavy and he thought for a moment that his ceiling was starting to move in strange waves, just before he began to nod in and out of sleep. He awoke to find that he was wrong, the ceiling wasn't moving at all, and decided that he was going mad just before he fell asleep again.

The next time he awoke he turned and looked at his alarm clock. Five fifteen pm. He grunted just before he drifted off again. When he woke up, he realized faintly that it was six o'clock and he had to go to the bathroom. He then turned on his side and fell asleep again.

Kurama had been stuck in this thrilling little pattern of his for the past three days. Every since the failed attempt to turn him male again, he'd remained in his room considering his next option. When he came up blank, he decided that wallowing in self pity wasn't too bad of a way to spend the rest on one's life.

He heard a faint knock on his door. He moaned and buried his face in his pillow. Kurama knew good and well it was his mother, and didn't much care to hear what she had to say.

"Shuichi-chan?" Shiori said. The concern in her voice was powerful and Kurama wondered why she hadn't given up on him yet. "Shuichi-chan it's me." As if I didn't know that, Kurama thought bitterly. "Shuichi, please come out. You can't stay in that room forever." There was a pause as Shiori waited for a reply from her "daughter." When she received none she continued: "I know you're hurting right now Shuichi, but... whatever it is... well, it's not the end of the world. Please Shuichi-chan, you'll feel better if you at least talk to me." She paused again and Kurama could have sworn he heard her heart break once again. "I'll be down stairs if you need me..." The soft sound of foot steps disappearing down the hall indicated that she was gone, and Kurama proceeded to fall back to sleep.

At around midnight, Kurama awoke to the sound of knocking on his window. He felt his body stiffen and his heart skip a beat. He held his breath for just a moment, praying to hear the knocking again. Praying that it wasn't just his mind playing tricks on him. When he heard the knocking again, he immediately jumping to his feet and regretted it. Not moving for three days and then out of the blue deciding to hop out of bed was not a good idea.

However, he didn't care. He ignored the pain in his knees and the way his body was telling him to lay back down.

He paused for a moment as he looked down and realized that he was in his underwear. He quickly put on a pair of jeans just a he heard another knock on the window, this time it was hard and impatient. Kurama ran to the window and flung the blinds open. His heart skipped a beat as he stared into Hiei's dark red eyes. His knees felt a little weak as he realized just how long it had been since he'd seen Hiei last.

Snap out of it Kurama, he scolded himself. He's not your boyfriend anymore! Now hurry up and open the window.

Kurama opened the window and let Hiei in. He did his best act and casual as possible, but heart kept telling him to throw himself in Hiei's arms and ask for his forgiveness. Ask him to take him back and love him again. However, he knew he couldn't do that. He hurt Hiei and nothing could change that now. He still remembered the little fire demon's tear stained face as he coldly told him that he no longer wanted to be with him.

What was I thinking? Of course I want to be with him! I love him! God help me I love him.

"Hiei," Kurama said, his voice choked from not talking or drinking anything in days. "What are you doing here."

"I..." he began, but stopped to think about what he was about to say. Kurama's heart was pounding a mile a second. He felt as if it were going to burst out of his chest. "I wanted to tell you that... I know... everything."

Kurama stared blankly at him for a moment before it hit him. The color seemed to drain from his already pale face. He turned sharply and stared at the ground, unable to meet Hiei's gaze. He swallowed hard, a lump forming in his throat. "How... How did you find out?" he managed to say.

"Yusuke and Kuwabara told me everything," he stated. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He chuckled bitterly to himself. "Tell you that I wanted to be a guy again?" He shook his head, he felt tears forming in his eyes. "How could I? Besides, even if I did, all this would have ended up happening anyway. Only this time, you'd be the one leaving me..." He bit his lower lip as he felt his body shake. He didn't want to cry in front of Hiei, but he felt so... tired. Too tired to even bother stopping himself.

"Is that what you think?" Hiei said, softly. He grabbed Kurama's hand and gave it a light squeeze. "Idiot," he half laughed. Kurama turned to stare at him, confusion written all over his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but Hiei cut him off. "I love you," he said. "All of you. I'd love even if you were a guy. Kurama," he reached up and cupped Kurama's left cheek with his hand and began stroking it with his thumb, "I just want to be with you, you fool."

"Hiei," Kurama sobbed as he collapsed into Hiei's arms. He held him tightly, never wanting to let go. "Hiei, I'm... I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I hurt you. I was such a fool."

"It's alright," he said softly, rubbing his back comfortingly.

"Please Hiei, don't... don't ever leave me again! I... I love you so much."

"I know," he said, tears pouring down his cheeks. "I know."