Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ He She Me We ❯ Step Four: Don't Get Caught in the Rain ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho, it's story and characters, is owned by Studio Pierrot, Yoshihiro Togashi, FUNimation, and Shonen Jump.

AN: Sorry for the long absence. I've had a major case of writer's block.

Step Four: Don't Get Caught in the Rain

Kurama yawned as he stretched, raising his arms high above his head. He looked back down on his desk and at the now complete homework. He enjoyed a brief victory at the fact that he had one less thing to worry about.

Leaning back in his chair, he began to listen to the sounds of the world around him. The sky had turned a dark gray and had just begun to rain. The pitter-patter of rain drops came down softly at first and then became more rapid and angry. He sighed, suddenly feeling very tired.

Now that I have my homework completed I have nothing to do, the thought seemed strange. Usually he had something to distract him or keep him busy. He couldn't remember the last time that he truly had nothing to do. He ran threw a mental list of things he had to do in his mind and found that he was indeed right, he had nothing to do. So what should he do?

A smile began to form on his lips. I think this calls for a nap. The last time he had taken a nap he couldn't have been more than five years old, and back then he was never truly tired when his mother forced him to nap.

Just as Kurama began to take off his shirt and ready himself for his much deserved rest, he heard a light rap on the window and knew right a way he wouldn't be getting to sleep anytime soon. He turned and faced his window to see Hiei completely drenched from head to foot, from standing out in the rain no doubt.

He quickly opened the window to let the poor little fire demon inside. Hiei leaped inside. He looked like a drowned puppy and seemed ready to shake himself dry. "Thanks," he muttered.

"What on Earth were you doing out there?" Kurama asked and quickly began to think of something else to say. From the way Hiei was beginning to blush, he didn't want to know what he was doing. "Your dripping every," he commented.

"Things like that tend to happen when your clothes are wet," Hiei snapped. Kurama rolled his eyes at him, but sighed with relief inwardly. The fact that Hiei had taken such a harsh tone towards him, added to the possibility that Hiei wasn't in love with him.

"Stay here, I'll get you a towel," Kurama said as he turned and left the room.

Hiei stood in the middle of Kurama's room waiting for the beautiful girl to return. He was still kicking himself for snapping at her. Even if he didn't hurt Kurama's feelings, he was still bothered by taking that tone with her. However, the anger that he had shown her came from annoyance at himself. He knew it was going to rain, yet he stayed in his spot outside the yoko-turn-ningen's window.

He was suddenly tempted to sit down, but knew better. He was wet from head to toe, and if he were to sit down he would end up putting water on whatever he sat on. So he waited, but he couldn't help but notice that it was taking Kurama a long time to get the towels.

Just as the thought had popped into his head, Kurama came back into the room with a stack of towels and some clothes. That must have been why he took so long.

"I thought you should change into these," he said as he handed him the towels and clothes.

"Thanks," he mumbled. He almost blushed at the amount of affection and concern that was in Kurama's voice. He began to take off his clothes but suddenly stopped. Kurama was still in the room. He looked up at her and wished that she would go away.

Realization washed over Kurama's features as it seem to click on in her head that he wanted her to go. "I'll turn around if you want," she offered.

"Could you?" he asked, a bite too urgently. Kurama turned her back to him and he began to take his clothes off. He was about to remove his underwear, but decided against it. He didn't need to go that far. He picked up one of the towels and rapped it around his waist. "You can turn back around now," he said as he picked up the other towel and began to pat himself dry.

Kurama walked over to her bed and sat down at the foot. She watched him as he dried himself off. "You didn't answer my question from before Hiei," he said.

Hiei froze. He didn't know what to say. How do you tell someone that you were sitting outside their window watching them? He did his best to act nonchalant. "What question?" he asked.

"I asked you what you were doing outside?" He asked him patiently.

He shifted uneasily. What to say? He couldn't think of a descent lie that would work on him. Kurama was good at catching people in their own lies, seeing that he was constantly lying to others. He slumped his shoulders and turned to face her. "I was watching you," he said.

"I was watching you," Hiei said, a blush spreading across his checks.

Kurama blinked in surprise. He hadn't thought that he could get the truth out of him so quickly. "W-why were you watching me?" he stammered. A part of him almost didn't want to here the answer.

Hiei's blush began to deepen. It was strange to see the koorime act this way. He looked so cute when he was nervous like this.

Did I just call him cute again? Kurama wanted to shake his head to clear the very thought of Hiei being cute from his mind, but pushed down the urge. It would look strange for him to start shaking his head out of no where.

"B-because I love you," he said.

Kurama felt a tsunami of emotions was over him. Part of him was shocked that Hiei had finally came out and said admitted his true feelings for him, and an even bigger part was over whelmed with... joy? "Oh Hiei," he heard himself say, "I love you, too."

What? What the hell did I just say!?

"Kurama," Hiei said and flung his arms around him lovingly and protectively. That same small part of Kurama wanted to force his way out of his grasp, but the bigger part of him wanted to stay their forever.

Kurama woke up gasping and drenched in sweat. The dream he had had felt so real, it was almost as if it had actually happened. He laid back down on his bed, images from his dream still swimming in his head. He didn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night.