Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven or Hell ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In this story Reikai is Heaven and Makai is Hell, Kurama is hikari no tenchi of Reikai and Hiei is a kuro no tenchi of Makai. When the two met they form a love so forbidden it could cost them their lives.

Title: Heaven or Hell

Author: Koritsune Dragonrider

Rating: PG (rating may change)

Disclaimers: Does it look like I own them?

Warnings: AU (I love AU's) Yaoi (I love yaois!) KH (Kurama and Hiei 4-ever!)

Chapter VII

Hiei sat on the window sill in his bedroom looking out at the red sun of the Makai. Hiei was perplexed. He didn't know what to do. It had been over a hundred years since him and Yukina had helped Kurama escape and he'd been thinking of the redhead angel ever since. Everything he sees reminds him of Kurama. The red Makai sun reminds Hiei of Kurama's hair and the green leaves of the trees are like the redhead's leaf green eyes. Plus Mukuro wouldn't leave him alone and had to spend every minute of the day with him. She even started being snappish to Yukina because the dark angel girl wanted to be near her brother. It was those time's that Hiei wanted to see Kurama. He wanted to be near the angel but he couldn't go in Reikai without being shot on sight.

`Like I care,' thought Hiei opening the window. `I'm going to see him.'

He flew out and toward the Reikai border, no one saw him. He hid in the shadows as he searched for Kurama and found him in a field with three other angels, one a girl with sandy hair, a man with brown red hair, and another with silver hair who was standing off the side watching them.

"Come on, aniki," yelled Kurama to Youko, "won't you play with us."

"It's my job to watch you," said Youko. "Not play."

"But if you're playing with us then you're also watching Kurama," said Shizuru. Youko shrugged and joined their game of freeze tag. Kuwabara was it and he chased of Kurama when the redhead angel shot in the air.

"Hey, no fair!" yelled Kuwabara. "We agreed no flight!"

Kurama shrugged and flew in a circle around the field daring his friends to come up after him to finish the game. The group below laughed and joined the Reikai Prince in the air. Hiei watched them jealously as they played. He wished he was up there with Kurama playing to his heart's content, but he had to watch from the shadows because he wouldn't be accepted. Would Kurama accept him? Hiei did, after all, tear about a dozen feathers from his wings. To an angel they would take that personally, so what hope did Hiei had with Kurama.

"Look out, Kurama," yelled Kuwabara. The redhead angel was flying too fast to turn and almost crashed in the tree Hiei was in if Hiei didn't quickly shove him out of the way with out being seen. Kurama blinked a few times in confusion as his friends asked if he was okay. Was it just him or did Kurama saw Hiei in that tree, but when he looked again he didn't see the dark angel. Over the past years Kurama had been thinking about the dark angel for some odd reason. Late at night he would stay till it was darkest and hold two roses up to the moon and smile because it resembles Hiei. He couldn't believe it had been so long since he'd seen the dark demon. Luckily he hadn't married Karasu yet, Koenma, his father, was waiting till Kurama fell in love with the raven hair angel which will be a never. All that Kurama wants is to see Hiei again.

"Kurama, are you okay," asked Youko and Kurama nodded. "It's late, let's go home."

Everyone nodded and headed home. Kuwabara and Shizuru waved good bye for they had a long flight and Kurama and Youko flew back to the palace. They didn't race this time and silently flew threw the palace doors and landed silently on the marble floors. Servants started fussing over them but Kurama waved them away and went to his room. Opening the bottom drawer of his dresser he took out a sketch pad and left through it. Inside were all different kinds of pictures of Hiei but Kurama turned to his favorite, the first one. Hiei stood in the picture with his bat like wings spread and he seemed to be floating in the air. A black dragon seemed to embrace Hiei right arm which was raised in a defied gesture. Kurama smiled at the picture.

He didn't know how long he had been staring at the picture but he jumped when he heard a tapping at his window. Setting the sketch down, he walked to the window and opened it, walking on the balcony. He was sure he had heard something tap his window. He was about to go back in when a dark shape darted in front of him and he jumped back, his wings fanned out to keep his balance. When his heart returned to its normal pace he looked up to find Hiei.

"Miss me," asked Hiei.

"Hiei," gasped Kurama surprised that Hiei was there. "Are you trying to send me to the Ningenkai? You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Gomen, I didn't mean to." Hiei flew to crouch cat-like on the balcony rail and looked at Kurama.

"I know. What are you doing here? If you get caught you'll be killed."

"I don't know. I guess I had to see you."

"Want to come in? It's kind of nippy out."

Hiei shrugged and followed Kurama inside to the redhead angel's room. It was too fancy for his tastes but it looked to Hiei that Kurama tried to keep it simple. A table and mirror was on one side of the room and the bed was opposite of it. A vase of roses stood atop a dresser with pictures of family and friends set around it. A bookshelf full of books stood to the side. It certainly didn't look princely.

"I hate being reminded that I'm a prince in my own room so I keep things simple here," said Kurama as Hiei looked around.

"You didn't answer my question," said Hiei as he sat on the bed.

"And what will that be?" Kurama sat Indian style on the floor as he looked at Hiei. There was something about the kuro no tenchi that was . . . exciting in a way. Kurama couldn't describe it. And he was glad that Hiei was there with him.

"Did you miss me?" asked Hiei feeling the satin sheets.

"Did you miss me?" asked Kurama defiantly.

"I asked first."

"I won't answer if you don't."

"Who says I will answer?"

"I do."

"Fine, I did miss you. Now will you answer mine?"

"Yes, I did miss you. Well, since you're here I'll play "good host." What do you wanna do?"

"You don't have to be formal with me and I don't really care."

"How about we read? I have a lot of good books." Hiei shrugged and Kurama took a book from a shelf and walked over to the bed. Lying on his stomach next to Hiei he started reading the story to his friend. Hiei never read a book before and was greatly interested in it. He sat next to Kurama and took in every word like it was life itself and didn't move till Kurama told him he had to go before he was caught.

"You'll come back, right," asked Kurama hopefully.

"You can be on it, Kurama." And Hiei flew out the window. The Reikai sun was just beginning to rise and Kurama watched as his new friend flew away. Sighing softly he set the book on the nightstand and crawled into bed. His last thought was of how happy he was to make a friend.

TBC

Like? Hate? Send comments and other such death threats through your reviews. The hundredth review gets a picture of Hiei and Kurama! So send me your reviews and your email address please!