Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven or Hell ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In this story Reikai is Heaven and Makai is Hell, Kurama is hikari no tenchi of Reikai and Hiei is a kuro no tenchi of Makai. When the two met they form a love so forbidden it could cost them their lives.

Title: Heaven or Hell

Author: Koritsune Dragonrider

Rating: PG (rating may change)

Disclaimers: Does it look like I own them?

Warnings: AU (I love AU's) Yaoi (I love yaois!) KH (Kurama and Hiei 4-ever!)

Chapter VIII

Kurama briskly walked down the hall, sneaking behind pillars and columns when a guard pasted by. He wanted to see Hiei and nothing was stopping him. He even managed to slip past Youko which showed how cunning Kurama was. He held the bundle closer as he opened his wings and flew away from the palace.

`I'm excited to see him again,' he thought. `I hope Hiei can make it tonight.'

He stopped at a clearing and put the bundle down carefully and flew to the Makai. Carefully dodging the guards he made his way to Hiei's window and looked in. Hiei's window was different then Kurama's. Everything was grotesque and black.

"Hiei," asked Kurama through the cage like window, "are you in here?"

Kurama saw something move on the bed and flew back a little in case he got the wrong room. But then he saw the outline of his friend and flew back toward the window.

"Kurama," asked Hiei sleepily walking to the window and opening it, "what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you," said Kurama cheerfully.

"But if they catch you . . ." started Hiei but Kurama cut him off.

"But they didn't catch me," said Kurama turning toward the woods. "Come on."

Hiei was about to protest but Kurama was already flying away so the kuro no tenchi just shrugged and followed his friend. They flew through the Makai and toward the Reikai. Kurama flew to the clearing he set his stuff down from and took out a canvas and some paints and brushes. Hiei sat on a branch and watched his new friend prepare to paint a picture, wondering what he was painting. After an hour Hiei's curiosity reached its peak.

"What are you doing," he asked.

"Painting a picture of you," said Kurama as he put the finishing touches to it.

"Why?" asked Hiei facing his friend. Kurama shrugged.

"Because you're my best friend," he said washing the brush in a cup of water.

"Best friend," asked Hiei a little confused. He never had a friend before much less a best friend. "Why am I your best friend?"

"Because you are. Wanna see?" Hiei flew down next to the hikari no tenchi and looked at the painting. It was of him sitting on the branch with on leg drawn up with an arm resting on it. His wings were draped around his shoulders like a cape and moonlight shone brightly on his face. That's what captivated Hiei most, his face. It looked calm and peaceful; not at all what he was used to seeing.

"That's me?" he asked pointing at the painting. Kurama looked stunned at his friend.

"Why do you ask that?" he asked looking at the painting. "Is there something wrong?"

"No one ever painted me like that," said Hiei still looking at the painting.

"No one?"

"When we paint our pictures our faces look angry and hateful, usually full of blood and gore. Not like this, serene and calm."

"Maybe because I've painted the real you!"

Hiei was silent. Someone could actually see who he really was without being afraid of him. Well, Kurama was the first person he met besides Yukina who wasn't afraid of him on sight. When they met sure Kurama was afraid but of losing his feathers, not of his tormenters. Hiei really thinks he found a friend.

Hiei was jolted out of his reverie when Kurama taped his shoulder.

"Tag!" said Kurama. "You're it!"

"It?" asked Hiei confused at what to do.

"Haven't you ever played tag before?" Hiei shook his head. "Well, you were just tagged it, that means you have to chase me and tag me. Then I'm it. Got it?"

"What's the point?" asked Hiei wondering why his new friend would suggest such an odd training activity. "What do you learn?"

"Learn?" Now Kurama was confused. "You learn nothing. It's just for fun!"

"Fun? I've never had fun."

"Then you need to get out more. Come on, let's play!"

They played tag for an hour. Hiei didn't really get it at first but soon he was having fun. Kurama proved to be a challenge to catch for he was cunning and quick. Kurama could say the same for Hiei, for a small kuro no tenchi he was quicker then he suspected and very agile. He had a way of tucking his wings against his back to build up speed for dive bombs and always made sharp turns to set Kurama off. Kurama admits he had more fun then he ever had with Hiei. When they got tired of tag Kurama suggested hide and seek. Hiei didn't know how to play that either so Kurama went first to show him.

"Ninety-eight," counted Kurama, "ninety-nine, one hundred! Ready or not here I come!"

Kurama opened his wings and flew through the tree tops surrounding the clearing. Hiei chuckled softly as his friend looked around for him, not knowing Kurama passed Hiei twice already.

"No fair, Hiei," he yelled. "You blend in with the dark!"

"What's wrong, tenchi," asked Hiei from where he was hiding. "Afraid of a little dark?"

"No! I'll find you!"

It took him another hour but he finally found the kuro no tenchi. Hiei was rolling in the air at Kurama's embarrassment when the dark angel told the redhead angel that he passed Hiei five times.

"I found you," protested the angel.

"Have to catch me first!" said Hiei and flew into the tree. Kurama laughed and followed his friend. Suddenly Hiei jolted and started spinning. Kurama caught him and flew him safely to the ground.

"Hiei!" yelled Kurama looking at his friend. "Hiei are you all right?"

"My wing," yelled Hiei clutching his right wing. "I think I broke my wing!"

"I'll heal it." And Kurama gently touched Hiei's wing. His hand shone with white light and it surrounded Hiei's wing. The Makai angel watched in amazement as his wing grew warm and had a pleasant tickling feeling. Soon his wing was healed.

"It was just a sprain," said Kurama. "Do you feel better?"

"Yeah," said Hiei flexing his wing. "Thanks."

Kurama looked up to see that the sun was just about to rise. Soon the guards will patrol every part of the palace, not just the entrances. He had to get back home.

"It's almost morning," he said turning to his friend. We'd better head home."

Hiei looked at the sky to see that his friend was right.

"Right," he said. "Bye."

As he turned to leave he felt Kurama place a hand on his arm.

"Hiei, wait," he said and handed Hiei the painting he drew. "Keep it, please."

"All right," said Hiei and tucked it under his arm, lucky for him it was dry by then. He flew back to Makai and hid the picture in the back of his closet. Kurama flew back to Reikai and went to bed where he hoped to stay for at least half the day. But unfortunately someone else had other plans.

"Kurama, Kurama wake up."

"Not now, Youko," groaned Kurama as he tried to shove his "brother" away. " `M tired."

"I'm not your protector, Kurama. It's me, Karasu."

"Karasu?" Kurama opened his eyes to instead meet the golden orbs that belonged to his brother violet ones. Kurama gasped and shot in his bed. "Karasu! What are you doing here?!"

"I came to wake my betrothed up. Is that wrong?"

"Get out of my room! And don't call me that!"

"Why not?" asked Karasu. "You are my betrothed, right?"

"Get out of my room! Now, I order you too!"

Karasu shrugged and backed away. "As you wish, love."

Kurama grabbed a nearby vase and threw it at Karasu retreating back. The black haired angel quickly closed the door and the vase hit it, shattering into pieces.

"And don't call me that either!" he yelled and sighed. Why did he have to marry Karasu? He thought Heaven was about being loved and he doesn't love Karasu. He didn't even like the man! Why did life have to be so cruel?

Youko, who heard his brother scream, walked in and looked at the broken vase on the floor.

"Karasu again," he asked and Kurama nodded. The redhead angel started to cry and Youko stepped over the vase to glide over his charge. He gathered Kurama in his arms and Kurama cried in his shoulder, getting the white tunic wet and grubby.

"I don't like him," said Kurama.

"I know," said Youko.

"Why is life so unfair?!" Kurama got up off his bed and paced the room. "I don't even like the guy and yet I'm forced to marry him because of some treaty! I don't know what to do!"

"Tell Koenma," suggested Youko still on the bed.

"I can't! If I do then everything will get screwed up! I thought Reikai was about being in love and marrying the person you love! Not some guy you don't even like!"

"Tell him that. He has to remember what this place represents. Follow your heart."

"I never thought you would be so philosophical, Youko."

"Sometimes I am."

Kurama smiled and hugged his brother.

TBC

Okay, that was longer then I expected. Hope you like. I'll get to confession time soon!