Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hime ❯ It all started...... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
         Just a bit on background, this is about 18-20 years later, I don't exactly know, Hime, our main character, is 34 and she's the same age as Kurama, so that       would make Kurama 34 as well. Yusuke, Keiko and Kuwabara are 33. I don't know how old Hiei is to begin with, so you do that math. Hime had her first     kid at 22 and her last one at 32. Iroguro, another character I made up, is the same age as Hime and Kurama. Ok, on with the show.
         Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho


         The darkness threw another shadow orb at me. I managed to dodge, but the energy that it emitted after hitting the ground threw me crashing into the brick        wall. I hit my head, hard. I heard someone ask me if I was all right, but I didn't answer. If I did, the darkness would have definitely destroyed me. I laid there       while the others continued to attack. I felt blood trickle down my neck. Just great, I've got a wound in the back of my head now. How did I get into all of      this? Now I remember, it all started when I met that girl with blue hair.

         ~Flashback~ (*A/N I'm gonna do a lot of these. This is when Hime was 16.*)

         I almost had the high score. Just one more ship and I've got it. Someone grabbed me around my waist. My ship crashed to the ground. The wait grabber put         his head on my shoulder and whispered in my ear. "Playing video games, when you could be sipping a milkshake on my dime, shame on you Hime."

         "Iroguro!" I yelled at the culprit. "I almost had the high score! Why did you do that?" I spun around and managed to get out of his grip. Wow, I'm getting       better at this, or he let me go.

         He flipped his long blond hair out of his eyes. "It's not befitting of my onna to be playing video games, wasting her money."

         "One, I'm not your onna, and two," I started towards the exit. "I will spend my money on what I please."

         Iroguro followed me and wrapped his arms around my waist again. "You are mistaken, you are my onna. You belong to me."

         I tried to slide out of his grip, but he had a strong grip on me. "I belong to no one!" I yelled at him.

         "That's right, Hime, struggle, it only makes me grow fonder of you. I own you and you know it, stop trying to deny it." He pulled my body closer to him. I       stomped on his foot with the heel of my boot.

         He let me go. "Until I see documented proof of ownership, I belong to no one." I stormed out and went to the pretzel shop. I got my pretzel and sat in the       food court. Maybe Iroguro was right about one thing, I shouldn't waste so much money in the arcade. I'm really thirsty, but have no money for even a small       soda. I took another bite of my pretzel and saw a drink pop up in front of me. I looked up in front of me and Iroguro had sat down with his own pretzel and      drink. "You looked thirsty. I told you not to waste all your money in the arcade." He smiled.

         "Thanks." I said, refusing to look at his deep brown eyes. Whenever he acts sweet like this and I look at his eyes, I end up on a date. Suddenly, I got a chill,         then I heard someone screaming. I stood up quickly, surprising Iroguro.

         "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, recovering himself.

         "Didn't you hear someone scream?"

         "No, are you feeling all right?"

         "It's probably nothing then." I sat back down. Looks like I'll be making a trip to master Genkai's today. I hate it when I hear things that no one else can. I   also see things that no one else can see. Genkai helps me to cope with it, but she says that it's nothing to make a big deal about.

         "Hime, if you're hearing things, that's not a good sign. Maybe you should see someone about it."

         "Why do you care?"

         "My onna needs to stay healthy." Iroguro plastered a smile on his face.

         I kicked him on his shin under the table and left. What an arrogant jerk. I decided to go to Genkai's place. I took the bus to the temple. I hate these steps,   but it gives me a good workout. "Master Genkai!" I called once I reached the top. "Master Genkai, I need to console."

         Genkai's door opened and she emerged. "Nice to see you again Hime. What happened this time?" she said.

         "I think that a young girl was attacked today. I was in the food court at the mall, I got the chill then I heard a scream. I was very loud." I explained. Master         Genkai motioned me to come inside. I did. "What d'you think?"

         Master Genkai thought on it. "Have a seat." she instructed, I did as I was told. She left the room for a few minuets and returned with a small box. "Your        awareness is growing stronger." She placed the box between us. "Last time you came, you said that you woke up to your clothes floating in your room, am I        right?"

         "Yes." I said slowly. "But, what about awareness? I thought that you said that it was nothing to worry about."

         "If it was nothing, do you think that I would have you come to me whenever something happened?"

         I looked at the floor. "No."

         "Now that that's settled, I'm going to give you something of very high value. Don't ever let it fall into the wrong hands." She opened the box and pulled out a          necklace. The pendant on it was shiney gold with an emerald green stone in the middle. (*no, it's not because Kurama's eyes are that color, I've liked the       color emerald since I was in 1st grade when I saw Wizard of Oz*)

         "Master Genkai, what is that?"

         "This is an extremely rare pendant. The only one, for that matter. Your spirit awareness is growing stronger and may grow beyond any ones control. Simply        because of where you come from. That is why I'm giving this to you. It will help you to keep control. If you ever loose it, I will have your head. It holds      mystical powers beyond that which you could ever imagine. Your grandmother gave this to me shortly before her death. She told me that if her son had a   daughter, to give it to her when I saw fit." Genkai placed the necklace around my neck. "I don't want you to go out the way she did, so never give it up, to     anyone, no matter what. Understood?"

         "Yes." I said. This is a lot to let sink in. My grandmother could see and hear things like me, and she even had powers. "Why didn't you tell me before, and      why didn't it get passed to my dad?"

         "You weren't ready before. Your father can't inherit the great abilities because he is male. Only women of you family can have the power of the Skila clan."

         I looked up from the necklace. "Skila clan?"

         "You are the last decedent of the Skila clan. They had this necklace passed down through the generations after they started to kill themselves. It was carved    special for the purpose. It's called the Skila stone."

         "Well that figures." I said with a sarcastic tone.

         Genkai slammed her fist on the table. "Dammit girl! You've got to take this seriously! The Skila stone isn't some trinket that you can buy from the      supermarket! You have no idea what power it holds."

         I've never seen master Genkai loose her temper before, but I was starting to fume. "Then why the hell did you give it to me!? If you're so worried that I'll     loose it or not take it seriously, then why let me have it?!" I stood up.

         "I don't want to see you die like your grandmother did!"

         "Better dead than be nagged by some old hag!" I went to leave, but when I opened the door, I came face to face with a girl with blue hair. I was still angry.    "What d'you want?" I snapped at her.

         "I came to speak with Genkai." She said. I think that I scared her.

         "Knock yourself out."

         "Get back here!" Genkai yelled at me. "I'm not done talking to you!" then realizing the girl with blue hair. "I'm sorry Botan, is there something you need?"

         "We need your help, Genkai." Botan said. "The boys are having a lot of trouble and need all the help they can get."

         "What's the dimwit gotten himself into now? No matter, I'm coming. We'll take Hime with us. She may prove to be useful." Genkai noted to me.

         "Very well." Botan said. A portal appeared beside her. "Let's go. It's on the other side of town, so we'll take this."

         "Hold it!" I yelled. "I'm not walking into some portal thing! No way, no ho-" I felt myself fall into the portal. Genkai pushed me in! "Yeek!" I screamed.


         R&R, I promise that it will get more interesting in the next chapter.