Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hime ❯ Receive Nicknames ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
         On to chapter two. This is probably the longest chapter.
         Disclaimer: I don't own YYH

         *****************

         Last time:

         "What's the dimwit gotten himself into now? No matter, I'm coming. We'll take Hime with us. She may prove to be useful." Genkai noted to me.

         "Very well." Botan said. A portal appeared beside her. "Let's go. It's on the other side of town, so we'll take this."

         "Hold it!" I yelled. "I'm not walking into some portal thing! No way, no ho-" I felt myself fall into the portal. Genkai pushed me in! "Yeek!" I screamed.

         **************

         I emerged from the portal, only to find myself toppling over a guy with red hair. I couldn't see his eyes, as they were closed as I hit him. I hit my head on the        sidewalk a couple of times. When we stopped moving, I was laying across his stomach. I grabbed my head. "Ow, my head." I groaned. I pulled myself into   a sitting position next to him.

         The boy pushed himself off his back into own sitting position. "Are you all right?" he asked. His voice was silky and I felt slightly mesmerized by his green    eyes. (*who isn't?*) He stood up and held out his hand, I took it.

         "I should ask you the same question." I smiled at him "My name's Hime, and you are?"

         "Kurama." Kurama turned towards where the portal once stood. "Hello Genkai, Botan."

         "Ah, Kurama. I see you've already met Hime." Botan said. She was extremely bubbly. That could get annoying. "Hime, this is one of the four boys that are         working on the case. Kurama, where's Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei?"

         "Arcade, burger joint, tree somewhere." (*where else would Hiei be?*) Kurama said, counting off with his fingers. "They're still in the area. It should be       easy to locate Yusuke and Kuwabara, but I'm not so sure about finding Hiei."

         "Oh, phooey. Why can't they just stay put for five minuets?" Botan whined.

         "You were pretty vague about the mission."

         "Botan, did you drag us out here for nothing?" Genkai asked annoyed. "If this is for some trivial reason, than I'm taking Hime back to the temple to train her   up."

         "Hold it!" I said. "What 'mission'? I don't want any part in this. I think that I'll walk myself home today master Genkai. Don't be too surprised if you never   hear from me ever again." I turned and started walking away.

         Kurama grabbed my arm. "If Genkai's willing to train you, than you must possess some kind of power, as she doesn't train random people off the streets."         He looked at me with his deep eyes. They were drawing me in like Iroguro's eyes do.

         I turned my head quickly. "Please release me. Master Genkai is simply my grandmother's friend. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go home and finish my          homework." I tried to pull my arm out of his grip, but it was like trying to escape from the grasp of Iroguro. "I said, let me go!" I felt something sparked     inside of me. I directed it at Kurama. He was thrown at the wall and, obviously, he let me go. I stared at Kurama. "Wha-what just happened?"

         "I told you that your spirit awareness was starting to grow." Genkai said to me. "That's why you need to start training to control it."

         "Then why give me the pendant thingy?" I held out the Skila stone and looked at it.

         "Because of the power that you will one day weald is too strong. Without that stone, it could swallow you whole. Not a good way to go."

         I looked at Genkai. "That's how my grandmother went, isn't it?" Genkai turned away and nodded. "Wow. So that's why you want me to have this." I          leaned over and put my arms around Genkai. "I feel so loved." I teased.

         "Get off me Hime."

         "Fine." I stood up. "Spoil sport."

         "Yusuke!" Botan called to someone. "Over here! Move your lazy butt, I told you to stay here for five minuets!"

         A boy in green clothes with slicked back hair came over to us with his finger in his ears. "Geeze Botan, d'you think you could scream any louder? I think        Hiei can still hear." he said. Then he noticed Kurama. "What happened to him?"

         I laughed nervously. "That would be my fault." I said. "I didn't mean to, it was an accident."

         "How can you 'accidentally' blast someone into the wall!?" He screamed at me, making me feel only 2 inches tall. "Don't tell me, he just happened to be in       the way when you blasted him."

         "Um, yes."

         "Leave her be dimwit!" Genkai yelled at the boy. "She's just finding her abilities and need a bit of help controlling it."

         "Stay out of this grandma!"

         "Grandma?" I asked confused. "I didn't know hat you had any children, master Genkai."

         "I'm not related to her!"

         "Then why-"

         "She's an old hag! You cold say that it's like a nick name."

         "Show more respect for master Genkai! She's the one who knows the spirit wave!"

         "And I'm the student learning it!"

         "Oh, so you're Yusuke?" I looked at him wit a slightly different perspective. "Not all that impressive. Why would master Genkai choose someone so flimsy         to be her new student?"

         I think something snapped in Yusuke's mind because his fist came flying towards me. I covered my head, preparing for impact, but impact never came.      When I braved a look, Yusuke was crashed into the wall a few feet away from Kurama.

         "It's even more impressive the second time." Botan said.

         "If you guys don't mind, I'm going back to my hove for some quiet." Genkai said. "I'll start your training on Saturday, Hime. Be there at noon." she left. (*I   know she made Yusuke wake up at 6 a.m. but, Hime lives so far from Genkai, that she'd have to leave her home at 3 a.m. to be there at six*)

         "Well, while we wait for these two to come to, and for the rest of the group to show up, my name's Botan."

         "I'm Hime, and totally confused."

         "You won't be for long." Botan looked behind me. "And enter, Kuwabara" I turned around and saw a tall guy with orange hair. He didn't look too bright.   "Kuwabara, I thought that I told all four of you to stay put for five minuets. Kurama was the only one who listened."

         "Where is Kurama?" Kuwabara asked. Botan pointed to the wall. Kuwabara jumped back. "Woah, who did that?" he saw Yusuke. "Man, must've been      powerful to nock out Urameshi. Botan, who did this, Id like a piece of him."

         "Her." Botan said.

         "Huh?"

         "You said you wanted a piece of 'him,' but it was a girl that did this."

         Kuwabara burst out laughing. "Urameshi got beat by a girl! How weak!"

         I cleared my throat, crossed my arms and patted my foot on the side walk. "Helloooo, I'm right here you know." I said. "If you're gonna insult someone,          make sure that you know who it is."

         Kuwabara circled me. "There's no way a hot babe like you beat Urameshi."

         He struck a nerve. I don't mind being told I'm hot, but not in that context. "Would you like to go to the wall next? I've got your ticket right here." I tapped          the Skila stone.

         "We don't need another guy down." Botan said jumping in front of me. "Calm down Hime." I released my grip and had marks on my hands where my nails       dug into hem. "That's better." I felt something flash in the back of my head. "What's wrong?"

         "I don't know." I answered. "Just some strange feeling, like something's coming."

         "She can sense Hiei coming." Kuwabara said.

         "So he's close?" Botan asked.

         "I'm right here." I looked up and saw, well, black. The guy was dressed in black from head to toe. "You bore me." He turned to me. "You're the onna who          rendered Kurama unconscious."

         I didn't much like what he called me. "Yup, and if you want to be next, call me onna again. There's only one person that I go easy on for calling me that, and   it's not you." (*obviously Hime doesn't know Hiei very well*)

         "I'd like to see you try, baka onna."

         I pulled the spark out like I did before. I formed it into a whip and pulled Blackie crashing into the sidewalk. "No way! You beat Shrimp too!" Kuwabara         said with his mouth hanging to the ground.

         "Shrimp? I like Blackie better, I mean he's draped head to toe in black." I looked down at my handy work, I hope I didn't kill him.

         "Well, we won't have to worry about then running off again." botan said with a slight cheeriness. "Koenma's not going to be happy having to wait longer."

         "Who's Koenma?" I asked.

         "He's kinda their boss."

         Kurama started to stir. I walked back a few steps to get out of his reach. He pulled himself up and looked at Blackie laying in front of him. I looked at him,   he looked different. His hair was silver with fox wars poking out, his eyes were gold and he had a tail. I blinked a couple times. When I looked bak at him,     his hair was once again red, his ears and eyes were back to normal, and he had no tail.

         I walked up t him and grabbed his ears. "What are you doing?" Kurama asked, grabbing my wrists.

         I laughed nervously. "Um, just a second ago, your ears looked like a foxes, your hair was silver, your eyes were gold and you had a tail." I turned him to see   behind him. "And now you don't."

         "You saw Yoko?" he asked turning around.

         "Who's Yoko?" I put on an innocent, confused look.

         "Yoko is me, or who I was."

         "You're a fox? Then I can call you Fox, no complaints. I choose your nickname and you stick with it."

         Before Fox had a chance to respond, Yusuke started to her up. He looked extremely agitated. "I haven't gotten hit like that since, never." he mumbled.

         "Did you learn your lesson Yusuke?" Botan asked. I think I'll just call her Sunshine, yeah, that fits perfectly. "Don't hurt her fo it, she's just discovered her        'gift.'"

         "That 'gift,' whipped me to the ground from the tree." Blackie said. I guess he recovered to. What was that? For a sec I saw a third eye on the other side of    the bandana thingy. I went over to him, leaned over and stared at the spot where there was just an eye. When I reached my hand to touch the spot, he     grabbed my wrist. "What do you think you're doing bitch?" he sneered.

         I grabbed his wrist back and flung him over my shoulder, causing another crater in the ground. "Don't call me 'bitch' either. The name's Hime, know it, learn    it, love it, fear i." I said.

         Blackie pulled himself out of the second crater I created with his body. "Hnn." was all he said. I hope that isn't some strange insult.

         "Before we all kill each other, let's see what Koenma's mission for you guys is." Sunshine said. She opened her big briefcase. (*anyone notice how she   interrupts at just the right moment?*)

         "How adorable." I squealed seeing a toddler's picture in the briefcase.

         "I'M NOT A TODDLER!" it screamed.

         I fell on my butt from surprise. "I-i-it talked." I stammered. "What a cranky pants."

         "BOTAN! WHO IS SHE?!"

         "Another one of Genkai's students sir." Sunshine said with nervous cheeriness.

         "Oh, why do they all call me a toddler? Never mind." Cranky pants sat down. "I have a mission for you guys. I need you for to locate a sone pendant for          me." A picture of my Skila stone showed up on the screen. "I wields power that would make an S-class demon cower in fear. Since there isn't anyone left          of the Skila clan to inherit it, many demons will be after it."

         "Hang on a sec." I said. I pushed Slick (*Yusuke*) and Sunshine aside. "I'm the only decedent, and I have the Skila stone right here." I pointed to the          necklace master Genkai had given me.

         "That was easy." cranky pants said. "Now please give it to Botan so we can lock it up safely so no one can get it."

         "No way!" I fumed. "Master Genkai told me never let it go. The Skila stone helps to control whatever powers are that I have. Apparently I've gotten slight       control already because I formed it into a whip an launched Blackie here into the sidewalk. I could also see Fox's other side."

         "Hang on, who's blackie and fox?" Slick asked.

         "Why, the one draped in black," I noted Blackie. "is Blackie, and the one who is a fox demon," I pointed to Fox. "is Fox. The one with blue hair," I pointed     to Sunshine. "is Sunshine and I'm calling you Slick because your hair's all slicked back. I don't have a name for Kuwabara, yet."

         Cranky pants cleared his throat. "I believe that Genkai wouldn't have a big problem with the circumstances."

         "But if I give it to you, the power could consume and kill me." I said.

         "That wouldn't be all that horrible." Kuwabara said.

         "Quiet Baboon!" I screeched at him. Blackie covered his sensitive ears. Yes, I'm insulting poor animals and calling this guy Baboon. "Look, I won't have         any children and when I die, you can have my Skila stone. How does that work for you?"

         "Not so well." Sunshine said, pulling out a little booklet. "You're scheduled to live a very long life, and have four boys and one girl, who will inherit all your       powers." (*let's play a game. Who can guess who the father is of her children. It is absolutely not going to be Kuwabara, so don't ask*)

         "How would you know that?" I asked.

         Sunshine put away her little book. "I'm the guide to the river stix and know all human's lives."

         "What about me?" Slick asked. "I changed your plans for me when I saved that kid. My future is a complete mystery."

         "That's because you're our spirit detective."

         "Hey, could you tell me who I spend my life with, you know, the guy that I marry and have the kids with?" I asked Sunshine. "I could avoid the guy and I'll      not have any children. I'll go live in a cave somewhere and isolate myself from all human contact. I can forge a different path."

         Sunshine looked amused. "You wouldn't last very long in a cave, you crave human contact and I can't allow you to know anymore about your life."

         "Yes, Botan is in enough trouble as it is." Cranky pants said. I forgot all about him. "Hime, you can keep hold of the Skila stone, so long as you keep you      powers in tact and don't' let the darkness have it."

         "What's 'the darkness?'"

         "A group of some of the most evil of dark demons merged together." Fox explained. "We're trying to find the separated parts as they will be easier to    defeat."

         "S-class is the highest, right?" I asked, the group nodded. "Then I can help you find and defeat this darkness guy. Cranky pants himself said that this wields   power higher than an s-class demon. So how 'bout it?"

         "Don't call me cranky pants!" cranky pants yelled. "That is a good idea, but you don't have full control yet. Nor have you found the whole power. You guys       have to keep her safe, protect her."

         "No offence Koenma, but I think that we'll be the ones needing protection from her." Baboon said. "Especially the shrimp and Urameshi."

         I laughed, no one else did. "Well, if Blackie and Slick are nice to me, there will be nothing to worry about."

         "Easier said than done." Fox said with a smile.

         "I'm not gonna protect her!" Slick screamed. "Why would I do that?"

         "Because that's a direct order." Cranky pants said. "You mission is to seed out and take down the darkness, and protect Hime and her Skila stone from it's       clutches." The scree blipped and Cranky pants disappeared.

         "I suppose you need a place to crash." Slick snapped at me.

         "No, I have a house. I don't think my did would approve of me sleeping at a guys house anyways." I said brightly.

         "We need to keep a constant watch on you though." Sunshine said.

         "I'm a big girl, I can watch myself." I said.

         "But Koenma's orders-" Sunshine started.

         Blackie interrupted her. "If it will get you to shut up, I'll watch her at night."

         "Ok, fine." I said. "But only if Fox walks me home today." I hugged Fox's arm.

         "Looks like Kurama's got another admirer." Slick teased.

         "Don't be so cocky slick, you're gonna walk me home from the arcade tomorrow." I stuck my tongue out at Slick.

         Before Slick could respond, I pulled Fox's arm and started walking home. I know Slick yelled something, but I don't know what.

         ~End Flashback~

         **************************

      &nb sp;  KG: R&R

         blackprincess: come back!

         KG: when chapter three is up, come back.

         blackprincess: what she said.