Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hime ❯ Hime on her Soapbox ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KG: chappie eight is here.

blackprincess: and welcome

KG: to chappie eight.

blackprincess: we hope

KG: you enjoy

blackprincess: this newest

KG: chapter.

Yusuke: *laughing* I can’t believe that they pulled it off.

Botan: they are close friends. Of course they’d be able to pull it off.

Kurama: it was rather interesting, fangirls.

KG: you guys are so

blackprincess: MEAN!!!!

Disclaimer: go back to chapter one!
Nicknames: same as last time, one to add Yoko-Silver.

*******************

last time:

“I’m not 20 anymore, and once you’ve had five kids, you don’t really mind if one of the fathers of your kids sees you without a shirt. I still get a tad nervous around Iroguro and Fox. Iroguro because, well, he’s Iroguro and Fox because of Yoko.” I pulled my shirt over my head.

I heard a crash. “Let the fun begin.” Hiei stated. I glared at him and left to the chaos that fills my home every day.

~End Flashback~

**********************

I stood there using the tree for support. I have three guys out there for me and my children. I love them all equally. While I was lost in my thoughts, one of the darkness guys snuck up on me. He grabbed the Skila stone and ripped it off my neck. Oh no, I’ve never removed it since master Genkai gave it to me. I slept, bathed, even mated with it on. The darkness guy laughed and went back to his team.

I fell to the ground. Someone grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up. It was Hiei. “Tell me he didn’t harm you.” he said.

“No, he took–” I placed my hand on my now bare neck. “Get out of here, before the uncontrollable power destroys you.”

“If you think that I’d leave you here alone, then you truly are a baka onna.”

“If we live through this, I’m gonna punish you for calling me a baka onna. The Skila stone is the only thing helping me to keep control over my powers.”

“You haven’t taken that thing off since Genkai gave it to you. You can control it.”

“How do you know?”

“Because, I believe in you. Kurama, Iroguro and I will be here right behind you standing behind you.”

“Right.” I stood up. Energy was flaring inside of me. The stone doesn’t hold the power, I do. The Skila stone just absorbs it so I don’t loose control. Just remember what master Genkai told me ‘don’t gibe into the enemy, remember what and why you are fighting, that should be fuel enough.’

~Flashback~ (*just a few days before this major battle*)

I was holding down Kairi with my hands over her small fists. She just discovered that she could shoot fire from her finger tips. Her hair was black like Hiei’s, but it was long and flowed over her shoulders and down her back like mine does. Kairi had Hiei’s ruby red eyes. (*she’s only two, so I hope you see her as adorable as I do.*)

“Mama let go! Let go mama!” Kairi shouted over and over, struggling to break free. “Papa! Mama’s being mean!”

Hiei looked at out daughter struggling and at me sitting on the floor, holding her. He was truly enjoying the scene. I was using some of my reiki to keep her from shooting fire from her fingers.

“Hiei, why did you have to be a fire demon?” I asked him. I didn’t expect an answer, and I didn’t get one. Hiei just looked back out the window. “Karugune!” I called.

“What?” Karugune shouted back at me.

“Come here!”

“Whatever it is, I didn’t do it!” he came down the steps. (*who else responds like that when your parents call you from your room? Come on, be honest, I thought so*)

I wasn’t going to ask. “I didn’t say you did anything. You’ve figured out how to work your fox charm, haven’t you?”

“Yeah.” Karugune said slowly.

“Good, use it on your sister, she needs to calm down. What you know can’t cause her any damage.” Hiei’s head spun around and he stared at me, Karugune did as well. “What?”

“You actually want me to use the charm I got from dad?” Karugune asked.

“Yes, now come here.” Kairi was still whining for me to let her go so she heard nothing we were saying.

Karugune came around and sat in front of us. He touched Kairi’s small shoulder, she stopped frailing and looked her brother in the eye. “Kairi,” he said, sounding like a less mature Yoko. “Kairi, don’t shoot fire around. Mama’s grown attached to our home, as have I and our brothers. Shoot fire,” he touched her cheek. “and we’ll lose our happy home.”

“Ok Kaga.” Kairi said. She couldn’t say Karugune, so she says Kaga.

“Now apologize to mama.” Karugune said.

Kairi looked up at me. She’s the only one who could make Hiei’s ice cold eyes look so sweet and innocent. (*besides Yukina*) “I’m sorry mama.” she said.

I let her hands go and pulled her up into a hug. “You’re forgiven, just don’t blast your brother’s behinds with a flame. The only time you’re to use it is when papa is training you in combat.” Hiei looked at me like I was crazy. “You’re the demon in this pair, you’re the one who’ll train her in battle.”

“And what will you be training her in, cooking?” Hiei sneered.

“Yes, and I will also train her to wield the powers of the Skila clan, once she starts to develop them of course.” I smiled brightly.

“Uh, Kairi, why don’t you come with me? I was just heading over to Endo’s house, you like Endo right?” Karugune sensed ‘Hime vs. Hiei’ moment and decided to get his sister out of the crossfire.

“Yay!” Kairi said jumping up and joining her brother. “Eno house! Eno house! Eno house!”

“When was it decided that I would train her?” Hiei demanded.

“I don’t know anything when it comes to the martial arts, you do. Besides, Fox and Iroguro are training their children.” I snapped.

“Hnn, I’m not going to train her.”

“And why not? You’re her father, hor have to do something for her that you’re good at.”

“Hnn.”

“And that! Why do you do that? Of all the things that you do, that bugs me the most. You pull that off as a sentence, why? Don’t tell me it’s because you don’t say a lot, because you said quite a bit when Kairi was conceived.”

“If I said a lot, then you were a regular chatterbox.”

“Ok, so we didn’t say much, but who had the chance to? We did so much kissing that my lips were chapped for a month.”

“And this is my fault.”

“Duh. You were the one I was in bed with that night, you were the one whom I was kissing that night, and Kairi is the proof that that night happened.”

“I’m still not training her.”

“But she’ll need to know how to defend herself one day. She will inherit the Skila stone, and demons will be after for it. You won’t always be there to protect her, and I don’t want Kairi to have to depend on her brothers for everything.”

“Fine, I’ll do it.”

“Yay!” I jumped up, hugged Hiei and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you.” I squealed. Then I left to the kitchen to prepare lunch. I’m not sure how, but I always manage to win our little argument.

I looked at the pictures on the fridge. Pictures the boys made at school filled most of it, but there was one small picture of my family right before we all moved in here. My brother was five, I haven’t seen him since then. My mom wasn’t too happy with the way I chose to deal with loving three guys, we haven’t spoked to each other since.

Just as Fox entered the Kitchen, I started to cry. He came over to me and I buried my face into his chest. He put his arms around me. “Hime, what’s wrong?” Fox asked.

“How long have we been living here, together?” I sniffed.

“About fourteen years.” Fox rubbed my shoulders. “Why? Is something wrong?”

“Nothing major, it’s just, I haven’t seen my mother, father or Ty in fourteen years. He’s already nineteen. Mom doesn’t know any of her grandchildren, I think I miss her.”

“If you miss her, call her.” Fox pulled me off him and wiped the tears from my eyes.

“We don’t have a phone, it distracts me too much.”

Fox chuckled. “Then pay her a visit.”

“I can’t do that.” I turned around and got a few cans of Spaghetti-O’s (*don’t own*) out of the cupboard and the can opener. I stuck the opener in the first can.

Fox put his arms around my shoulders and grabbed my hands to stop me. “Of course you can, Hime. Because you’re you, and that seems like a Hime thing to me.”

I pulled my hands up, bringing Fox’s with me, and placed them on the Skila stone. “I guess it does seem like something I would to.” I sighed. “I’ll go, but only if you go with me.”

I put his head on my shoulder and kissed my neck. “Of course. Do you wish to take any of your children?”

“Um.” I thought for a minuet. “How about Karugune and Kairi?”

“Do you wish for Hiei to come as well?”

“No, just you. I don’t want to give her a shock treatment. You have the most manners, just try to keep Yoko tame when we go, that my cause her to go overboard.”

Fox laughed. “I’ll try, but I can’t make you any promises, Yoko has a mind of his own.”

“I know.” I turned around and looked him in the eye. “Try to behave yourself now.” His eyes glinted gold. I knew what was coming next, Yoko.

“You obviously don’t know me very well.” He put his arm around my waist.

“Are you here for me, or the children?” I teased.

“You, of course.” He put his forehead on mine.

“Silver, behave.”

“Silver?” He kissed me. “Fun name, I’ll let you get away with it.” I patted the counter. Silver picked me up and sat me on the counter.

“That’s because I’m me, isn’t it?”

Hi kissed me again. “But of course.”

Yoshi came into the kitchen. “Papa two!” he exclaimed, seeing Silver. Yoshi ran over to him and Silver picked him up.

“You’ve been causing your mother trouble.” Silver said.

Yoshi shook his head, causing his hair to flop around his face. I don’t make them cut their hair unless they want it cut. “Nuh-uh, that’s Karugune! I’m a good boy.”

“You’re my son, there’s no way that you’re a good boy.”

I tapped Silver’s shoulder. “He’s my son too.” I said.

“Need I say more?” Silver said more to Yoshi than to me. Yoshi smiled and shook his head.

“Yoshi, where’s your buddy, um, the pumpkin head?” I asked him.

“Pumpkin head is Itto’s friend.” Yoshi said.

“Right, go see what they’re doing.”

“Really?” Yoshi’s eyes got big. I nodded my head. “Ok, bye papa two.” Yoshi jumped off of Silver and ran out of the kitchen.

Silver turned and looked at me. I glared at him. “Just because you were an impressive thief that only got caught once, doesn’t mean I want my son to follow in his fathers footsteps.”

“I have no control over that, he has fox blood running through his veins.” Silver said.

“And so does Karugune, he’s already figured out how to use his fox charm.”

“What’s wrong with being able to get any onna that wants?”

“He’s only nine!”

Silver put his hands on the counter, one on either side of me and placed his face in front of me. “Do you have a point to his?”

I glared strongly at him. I think I surprised Silver, because he stepped back. “Listed, I was raised in a way that is probably the complete opposite of how you were, but I want the best of my children. All of them. Until they reach the age of eighteen and leave this house, I want each and every one of them to have morals and a pure soul. What they choose to do after that, has to be their own decision. I only hope that I raised them to make the best choice. Now, do you still think that I don’t have a point to this?” Silver shook his head slowly. “Good, now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got lunch to make.” I grabbed a large pot from the above head hanger.

Silver left the room. I put the pot on the stove and turned on the heat. I opened all the cans and poured the contents into the pot.

Yuu came in. “Mama, are you mad a Kurama and Hiei?” he asked.

I picked him up and handed him a spoon. “Help me stir.” I guided his had to stir the Spaghetti-O’s. “No, I’m not mad at them just having small disagreements. But you know what?”

“What?”

“Mama wins every time.” I nuzzled his neck. He giggled and threw his arm holding the wooden spoon up causing Spaghetti-O’s to hit the wall. Yuu looked at me scared. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll clean it up.” I took the spoon from him and set it on the spoon rest.

“You’re not gonna divorce them if you fight again, are you?” Yuu asked.

“What, no, where did you get that crazy idea?” Actually, technically, we aren’t married, so I wouldn’t be able to get a divorce.

“This boy in my class, his parents fought a lot and they got a divorce. Then I noticed that you fight a lot with dad, and Kurama, and Hiei. So I got scared.”

I turned around and sat Yuu on the counter. “I want you to listen to me Yuu. I love your dad, Kurama and Hiei very much, and they love me just as much. So, whenever I’m fighting with one of them, remember that no matter what we may say or do to each other, the love that we feel for each other will forever burn inside our hearts.”

“Ok.”

I took Yuu off of the counter and set him on the floor. “Now, go tell everyone that lunch is ready. Karugune and Kairi are at Endo’s, so they won’t be joining us.”

“Ok mama.”

“And don’t wake up daddy, he was up most of the night at work.”

Yuu over dramatically saluted and marched off.

~End Flashback~

******************

KG: *leans back in computer chair* wow, that was a long chapter.

blackprincess: do your fingers need a rest?

Hime: she doesn’t get a rest! She needs to start typing chapter 9!

KG: I could kill you Hime!

Kurama: you’d better not.

Iroguro: you’ll have us to deal with.

KG: I can kill you too Iroguro.

Hiei: fangirls.

KG: WE’RE NOT FANGIRLS!!! WE’RE *pauses to think*

blackprincess: just a little obsessive.

KG: thank you.

Yusuke: what’s the difference?

KG and blackprincess: *glares icily*

Yusuke: *falls over* woah, where’d that come from.

KG and blackprincess: Hiei taught us!

Hiei: and you did well.

KG and blackprincess: thank you Hiei! *hug Hiei*

Hiei: get away. *pulls away*

KG: fine, be that way. Review please, and come back for chapter 9! I’ve only got nine & 10 left and if you’re really nice to me, I’ll post them both as fast as I can type. Oh, and no more flashbacks. Sorry if you liked them, Hime goes to see her mother, but will her mother except her?


Converting /tmp/phpMdndrp to /dev/stdout