Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ I Don't Need a Hero! ❯ Closer Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
“OH HELL NO.” Kaya screamed as she eyed the monster stair case that lay in front of her. Its must've been, at least, 2 miles long. There was just no end to it. And it was up a hill. “Why couldn't he send us to the top?! Of all the stuck up, prickish things to do... Next time I see that little squirt...” She growled, throwing her bag at Yusuke and starting the long trek up the stairs in front of Genkai's temple.
45 minutes and one tired Kaya later, they were about half way up. “Ow, ow, ow, ow.” She said with each step she took, ignoring Yusuke telling her to suck it up. Normally, she would have reached back and slapped him but, given she was about ready to drop dead from exhaustion, it'd just have to wait till later. “Seriously, how many god damn stairs can one person need? My guess is about half a mile back.” She said panting, trying her best to stay on her feet and not be reduced to crawling up the stairs.
Finally, they made it to the top only to see Hiei already standing there looking like he hadn't even broken a sweat, witch they all knew he hadn't. “That...sucked.” Kaya panted out, laying on the ground trying to remember how to breathe. She refused to take a break walking up, so she just kinda fell to the ground as soon as they made it to the top, though Yusuke thought she was just being dramatic.
“Your out of shape.” Hiei mumbled, not expecting her to jump up off the ground and get right in his face. “Fuck..you. Not everyone around here.. is a freaking demon.” She said, pausing to pant after every other word. He just rolled his eyes, mumbling a light, “Hn.”
“Knock it off.” Genkai said calmly, appearing from out of no where. “Hey old woman! Nice to see your still breathing.” Yusuke greeted, waving a hand at her with a stupid grin plastered across his face. “Same could be said for you, Yusuke.” Genkai said, dismissing him and focusing on Kaya. “You must be the new kid. I am Genkai. You will train with me from 4am to 4pm daily. Diner is at 6:00. Now, if you follow me, I'll show you to your room.” She said, turning to walk away but Kaya grabbed her shoulder, stopping her.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the fuck up! I got a few problems with that. First, why do you have that many damn stairs!? It hardly seem necessary! Second, who in the hell put you in charge of my life? No way in hell am I gonna 'train' with some old lady for 12 hours a day.” Kaya said, throwing her arms about as she did so. Yusuke winced, placing his hand on her shoulder. “Um Kaya...ya might just wanna do what she says..” He whispered, remembering when he was in her shoes. But before she could reply, Genkai started to talk.
“Listen girl, you don't seem to be grasping the fact that you have no choice. You were sent here for training, so think of it as a boot camp if it helps. Koenma sent you to live in my temple, and while you are in my temple, you will follow my rules and do as I say. Got it?” Genkai said sternly, glaring at the girl with eyes that reflected a long and hard life. Kaya was about to say something smart ass back to the old woman, but after looking into her eyes for a moment, she decided to just grit her teeth and nod slightly. “Good. Now then, let me show you to your room.” With that, Genkai walked away, followed by Kaya.
She looked on in awe as they walked through the temple to her new room. Cherry blossoms and beautiful flowers of all kind scattered the land in waves of light pink, orange, and white. She wondered briefly how an old woman could keep such wonderful care of such a huge temple but dismissed the thought as they came upon a dark wooden door. “This is your new room. Training will start tomorrow since it is so late in the afternoon. I highly suggest you get some sleep.” Genkai said, opening the door to reveal the large room.
The walls were a deep purple but had nothing on them. A one person bed sat against the north wall, next to it, a large window. She could see another small building out the of window, most likely a gym of some sort, and made a mental note to go check it out later. There was a pretty big dresser for her clothes, and a not so big en-table next to the bed, both made of oak. Turning to look at the opposite wall, she spotted a medium sized desk. A smile came to her face when she looked over the room again. It was better then the one she had in her apartment! She turned to thank Genkai, but she was already gone, leaving nothing but air where she once stood. Kaya sighed, giving up trying to read the old woman. It had only been 15 minutes and she was already fed up.
Just when she thought she had her down, she goes and changes her demeanor. Kaya was always good at reading people, even had Hiei pinned within a few minutes. But there was something about Genkai she couldn't understand, but at the same time, she felt she knew. Something she liked about the old woman. Kaya smiled slightly to herself, un-zipping her bag to start un-packing. 'I think I might like it here.' She thought, placing her clothes in the oak dresser with a grin.
Once she was done with all her un-packing, she headed downstairs to see everyone in the living room, except Hiei, who had gone missing as soon as they arrived. “Oi, Genkai! What do you do for fun around here?” She asked with a smile. But when Genkai gave her a 'pfft-are-you-freaking-kidding-me' look, she groaned.
“Alrighty then... I'm just going to go explore the temple, okay?” She said, not waiting for a reply before making her exit. Walking out what she thought was the front door, she made her way to the back of the large temple, towards the woods. As she did however, she couldn't help but smile at the sound of the birds all around her, or the smell of the flowers. It was just so beautiful here, she felt like she never wanted to leave.
'You can't stay here for long. You'll do something stupid soon enough and the old woman will kick you out.' A nagging voice in the back of her head stated.
'Hey, fuck you! That only happened once, and it wasn't even my fault!' She shouted back in her head. She did this a lot. Had little augments with herself. Strangely enough, there was always a voice there to contradict her, much to her displeasure. Not that she didn't love to fight with people, its just the voice was always ...right about everything. It pissed her off.
'Only once? Are you sure about that?' The voice sneered.
'It only happened one time...What are you trying to say?!' Kaya asked rather angrily.
'You'll see soon enough.' And with that, she could feel the presence disappear back into some part of her mind. It was always the same, it'd came and go as it pleased, pissing her off every time. She never thought to much of it since it was her family history, hearing voices. For as long as she could remember, her mother heard them. Witch lead to her father leaving, only making her mothers problems worse. She hated him for that..
As hard as she tired however, she couldn't recall the day she started to hear them...or it rather, since there was only one. It was a womans voice too, something she never understood. It was like 'she' has always been there, in the back of her head, contradicting her, criticizing her, angering her to the point where she felt she might pull out her own hair. No one knew about 'her' though, not even her mother. Despite having the same...problem...Kaya and her mother were never very close. As a little girl, she remembered wanting to be just like her mother one day. Now, however, she despises the fact that she is so similar to her.
Its not that she didn't love her mom, its just...she was never there. She'd always be out at a bar some place, drinking till she didn't remember her own name, bringing home strange men at different hours of the night. Thats why she came here to Japan. To get away for a while. From what she understood, her father was born in Japan, so she learned the language and moved away one day to live with her uncle. Its been nearly 2 years, and she hasn't heard from either her mother or her brothers...
Sighing, she realized she'd been walking deeper and deeper into the forest as she thought, only snapping out of it once she came to a small river. Chuckling lightly at her own stupidity, she pulled out her MP3 player. Shoving the earphones into her thoroughly pierced ears before cranking the volume and plopping herself down on a near-by rock. She didn't really care if she couldn't hear anything that went on around her, in fact, that was the point. To block everything out and just listen to her music. She did this a lot also.
It helped her vent her anger, the music. For some reason, shes always been an angry person, ever since she could remember. Angry at people where she lived, her dad, her mom, her school, herself. In her world, there was always something that pissed her off, always some reason to be angry. And some times she didn't even need a reason, she was just mad. Yet another fantastic flaw passed down from her mother to herself.
Can't you see that we are
Running out of time
I am dying but I will not die
Somebody save me from myself
Somebody save me..
Kaya shook her head slightly, her bangs falling into her pale face, only to be blown away by the wind a moment later. She listened to the song carefully, a sense of irony overtaking her.
Stop, wait a minute
Stop, sinking in it
Whoa, not again
Now stop it, you're exaggerating
Life's so screwed up
And I can't describe
All the bullshit that I feel inside
Somebody save me from my hell
Somebody save me
Stop, wait a minute
Stop, sinking in it
Whoa, not again
Now stop it, you're exaggerating
She smiled slightly as the lyrics rang a familiar bell. Throwing a rock into the river, she watched it skip across idly wondering how, in the course of 3 days, had her life had taken this sharp of a turn. It wasn't perfect before, but it was her life. She had the freedom she worked so hard for.
Stop, wait a minute
Stop, sinking in it
Whoa, not again
Now stop it, you're exaggerating

Stop,...stop,...stop,..stop,...no!
Somebody save me from myself
Somebody, please before I melt
Somebody save me from my hell
Somebody save me
Save me
Stop
As the song came to an end Kaya found herself realizing, for the first time since everything happened, the seriousness of the events taking place in her life. Up until now she felt as if she were dreaming the whole thing, that it wasn't really happening to her. This is the first time she's had to stop and really think about it.
'They say I'm not human. And I'm not sure if I believe them, even with all the shit I've seen...Until they find out what I am, I'm just going to keep living the way I've always lived. As a human. I'll do my time with Genkai but if they think having all those stairs is gonna stop me from leaving, their wrong.' She thought dryly. Deep down she knew they were right, that they knew what they were talking about. She was just didn't want to admit it to herself, because that would make it real.
--
Somewhere in the forest a darkly cloaked figured stood on a tree branch, watching over the strange girl, probing around in her head for amusement, or simply curiosity. Hiei had been by himself in the woods when he sensed someone coming. Taking to the trees, he saw Kaya walking through the forest, looking deep in thought. He decided to read her mind for a while but when she stopped at a river, he got bored and decided to roam around in her memories for a cheap laugh or two.
Thats when his slight amusement ended, and he became intrigued. As soon as he tried to enter her memories, he was met with a wall. And a strong one at that. Something that didn't make any sense to him seeing as she left her body completely open for an attack, why protect just her mind? And just one part of it? He tried again to get around the wall, knowing it was no use. Kurama couldn't even put up that strong of a wall, something that again, intrigued him.
Much to his own dismay, he found himself astonished by the girls attitude. Never before had a human gotten in his face like she had earlier in the day. They were all to scared of him. Even when he was fighting, his opponent rarely ever got that close to him.
'Hn. The wench is a brave one, I'll give her that.' He thought, putting aside trying to find her memories for now and entering her thoughts once more. He half heartedly took in her strange clothes, noticing the way she wrapped her thin arms around her small body.
She had on black jeans with so many slashes in them, they looked like they didn't even have a front to them. He could clearly see the black fishnet stockings she had on underneath them through all the rips. As his gaze traveled up north a little more he saw she was wearing a tight black long sleeved shirt with some kind of logo that said “Bikini Kill;” it had holes cut in the arms so her thumbs stuck out.
'Humans...' He thought, disgusted.
The sudden sent of salt hit his nose, making his eyebrows raise slightly. He looked over at Kaya, only to see her with her head down and her arms tightly wrapped around her shaking body. All of a sudden she slid off the rock she was sitting on, and onto her knees on the ground. She started to violently punch the ground, her small fist hitting the hard earth repeatedly, tiny rocks digging into her skin. Tears were running freely down her face, but she didn't seem to notice.
'Fuck! How did this happen to me? I worked so hard for my freedom, and then they just decide to take it away?! Why me? I want some damn answers' She thought franticly, finally halting her attack on the ground after several long minutes..
Hiei watched as she rose from the ground wiping the tears from her face and turning up her MP3 player. It was up so loud, he could hear it from his perch in the trees. He briefly wondered how she could stand it right in her ears before dismissing the thought. He watched her for a while longer, just until she found her way out of the forest and back to Genkai's safely before finding a nice tree on the temple grounds and making himself comfortable. It was late and he needed to rest, but sleep just would not come to him. He couldn't stop thinking about this mission, and what a waste of his time it was. But what bothered him the most was, he didn't seem to mind that little fact.
When he thought about the reasons why he didn't feel this mission was beneath him anymore, he couldn't come up with anything. Why wasn't he complaining, or making rude remarks to the others about the mission like he normally did when he didn't like it? 'As much as I hate to say it, that girl has managed to keep me mildly entertained thus far.' He thought, wondering why he even found the useless girl amusing.
There was just something about her...It bothered him.
So what do you think of our new team mate Hiei?” Kurama ask telepathically, breaking his train of thought. He was leaning against the tree Hiei was in, he had his arms and ankles crossed, eyes closed.
You know I don't care, fox.” Hiei replied, happy to be freed from his thoughts of Kaya, but angered because thats exactly what Kurama had chosen to talk about.
If thats true, then why were you following her?” The red head asked coyly, smirking to himself. When Hiei said nothing, his smirk only grew.
You know, it's not a crime to be attracted to someone...” He pried, not feeling at all threatened when he heard the growl from above his head.
Hn. Don't jump to conclusions. I don't trust her, someone has to keep an eye on her. ”
And with mating session right around the corner...Are you sure you can control yourself?” Kurama said, ignoring Hiei's last statement. As soon as those words sunk in, Hiei's eyes widened. He had forgotten all about it!
I have more self control then that fox. I would never touch the weak onna.” He said, trying his hardest to sound disgusted. But as he came to expect, Kurama saw through it.
Goodnight Hiei.” He said, smirking once again. Hiei grumbled something before closing the link that connected their minds. He watched as Kurama made his way back into the temple, snickering lightly as he walked. Hiei growled low in his throat, his upper lip raising slightly, making him look ...well frankly, he looked scary. Sighing lightly, and with a shake of his head, Hiei closed his eyes again. Maybe now he could get some sleep..
--
Kaya sat in the tub full of boiling hot water, looking over her left hand. The knuckles were scabbed up from punching the wall at her hou-...her old house. And when she lost control in the woods today, well, that didn't help it any. 'I can't believe I lost it like that...I actually started to cry. I've never gotten this emotional before,...Whats happening to me?' She laughed bitterly at herself. She couldn't remember the last time she just broke down and cried like that.
Sighing, she stood up and got out of the tub. She wrapped a towel around herself before pulling out the stopper in the tub and walking back into her room. “Maybe a good nights sleep with help with my head problems.” She mumbled as she changed into a pair of black boxers and a grey tank-top. Plopping down on her new bed, she threw the covers over herself and closed her eyes. She wasn't even tired, she just wanted this day to end..
20 minutes passed and she still hadn't gotten to sleep. Trying not to think to much, she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep again. But before she knew it, it had been 2 hours with sleep just refusing to come to her. Groaning, she threw the covers off and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. She decided she needed some air, but feared waking someone by going downstairs. So she did what she spent most of her younger years doing. She snuck out. Jumping out the window onto the lower roof, shoes in hand she made it to the ground.
Taking a pack of cigarettes out of her hoodies pocket, witch she grabbed before leaving, she lit it up and started to walk. To where, she didn't know. All she knew is she didn't want to be in that room anymore. It was suffocating her. Shes always had a problem with sleeping but this was just stupid. She continued to walk aimlessly around, finding herself in the forest once again. Sighing, she stomped out her cigarette and sat down against a random tree.
'What the hell have I gotten myself into now? Aw, fuck it. I'm not going to start feeling sorry for myself now, I never have before.' She thought with a sigh.
“You shouldn't be out here onna..” A cold voice said, making her jump slightly in surprise. Looking around to find the person who the voice belonged to, she spotted a pair of blood red eyes, seeming glowing in the darkness of the night. She couldn't see anything but his eyes, but she knew it was Hiei. 'Who else do I know with red eyes..' She thought dryly.
“Can I help you, or are you just here to spy on me?” She mumbled, relaxing a little.
“Hn. I'm not spying on anyone. You woke me up baka.” He said, stepping out of the shadows he was in. Kaya stared at him for a moment but caught herself before he noticed.
“To bad, so sad. Cry me a river, elf.” She said, running a hand through her hair. She heard him growl and the next thing she knew, he was straddling her, pinning her against the tree. “Ya know, from the first time I met you I always wondered, 'witch dwarf is he?' Now I think it's safe to say you're Grumpy.” She said defiantly, smiling up at him. She knew she was pissing him off, and she was enjoying it.
Hiei growled again, staring at her with cold, threatening eyes. After a while it started to bug her. “Why are you just staring at me?!” She snapped, seeing his smirk.
“I was just thinking. Whatever look you were going for, ..you missed.” He said, his smirk growing when he saw the look on her face. Getting her angry was way more fun then he thought it'd be.
“Screw off you puss dripping sack of double smoked butt jerky!” She shouted, thrashing her arms about, witch were pinned above her head by Hiei's iron grip.
He chuckled darkly, shaking his head a little at her choice of words. “I'll ask you again. What are you doing out here?” He said, still staring at her. She found herself amazed by his eyes, glowing as they were, it was like they cased a spell on her.
“Keh. I needed some air..” She mumbled, yanking at her arms one more time in vane. Hiei was a strong one. “Hn. You were trying to escape.” He stated.
“If I wanted to escape, why the hell would I go through the woods? In the middle of the night. When I can't see a damn thing.” She shouted, glaring up at him.
“You were thinking about it.” Hiei sneered.
“So what?! I jus-...HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW THAT?!” She screamed, completely irate with the little demon. Kurama had told her once he was a telepathic, so she had made a mental note to keep him out of her mind.
But something about him just pissed her off. His cockiness, his coldness, his hair, she didn't know what it was about him, but it made her angry. “I read your mind baka!” He shouted back, growing more and more angry himself.
“YOU WHAT?!” She screamed again, causing him to wince slightly. “YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM IN MY EARS WOMAN!” He shouted back, his voice echoing across the forest.
“YES I DO! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SCREAM, ASSHOLE! YOU WERE IN MY MIND!” She screamed again, and again, he winced. “GOD DAMMIT WOMAN!! STOP SCREAMING!!” He said, grinding his teeth together at the loud noise booming around in his skull. With how loud she was screaming, he was sure she'd wake the dead soon.
“HELL NO! I DON'T CARE WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE! YOU CAN'T JUST POP INTO SOMEONES HEAD AND START READING ALL THEIR THOU-” She halted her furious rant when Hiei let go of one of her wrists to cover her mouth with his hand. “Shut. Up.” He said through tightly clenched teeth. Defiant and still very irate, she reached up and grabbed into the first thing she touched, witch just happened to be his previously abused ears. “Ah! Let go wench!” He said, jerking his head away so fast he fell backwards, taking her with him by the wrist he still held in his hand.
She landed on his chest with a soft 'thump' and a groan. “Dammit Hiei! You jerk off, let go of me!” She shouted, trying to push herself up off of him, only to be jerked back down onto her back with him growling on top of her. “Do you even know who I am!? People have died for just looking at me the wrong way and you think you can get away with that?!” He growled. He noted how he wasn't feeling like himself ever since she had woken him up. He felt weaker, like his sharp mind had been dulled. He felt like he was in a haze, foggy almost... He had thought nothing of it until she had touched him just now. He had never lost his balance in his life. Ever. But as soon as she touched him, he felt his power level decrease rapidly.
Kaya snorted, throwing up her nose in a display of her defiance. Desperate to get him away from her, she reached up and placed both her thumbs in his eyes, remembering a trick her brother showed her once. She pushed him back as hard as she could but froze when flash of light went off inside her head. Hiei felt the same thing and all of a sudden he saw pictures flashing before his eyes. Memories. Kaya's memories.
--
Mommy, where did daddy roach go?” A 9 year old Kaya asked her mother. She called her father "daddy roach" because he was always the one killing the roaches in their New York apartment. “The fucker left! He's gone and hes never coming back! And it's all your fault, you worthless bitch! Just leave me alone!” Her mother snapped, pushing little Kaya on her butt and returning to her sobbing. Kaya's eyes widened before she ran as fast as she could to the parking lot where her father always parked his prize possession. His car was gone. Her dad was her best friend in the whole world, why did he leave her? Did she do something wrong? She didn't understand..
--
Hiei felt every emotion she did at that point in time. Confusion, pain, sorrow, guilt. He franticly clutched his head, trying to regain control on his mind. But the visions wouldn't stop. No matter how hard he tried to make them go away, they just kept coming. Never before had his mind been taken over like this, it was like she was sending him all these memories and the emotions that came with them all at once.
--
15 year old Kaya was walking around the airport with a bag in her hand, smiling like she just won a million dollars. Finally she was free! For the past 6 years of her young life, she was imprisoned in her own home. But not anymore! She was finally free from her mother. She hated herself for thinking like that, but its how she felt. As she got on the bus to the city, however, her happy demeanor dropped. As much as she detest her mother, she did however miss her two brothers. She hated the fact that she was so selfish and just left them there to rot...
Her older brother, Eric, helped her pay for the ticket...but her younger brother, Mikey, hated her for leaving him. She was always very close to her brothers, looking after Mikey as Eric did for her. They were pretty much all each other had. Mikey was 13 now and hes learned how to take care of himself pretty damn good...she just wished he didn't have to.
'Why should I be the one that gets to leave? Eric's had to take more shit then I have, hes been alive longer. And Mikey's the youngest. He should've been able to leave while hes still young.' A single tear slipped from her eye as she rode the bus into Tokyo.
'And its not like she beats us or anything. Was my life really that bad? I mean, I don't even know anyone in Japan but my uncle, who I've only met once.' She thought, wiping at her face and hoping her make-up didn't run.
Kaya and her brothers had been saving up to buy 3 tickets to Japan since their uncle Shingo was their closest living relative. But lately her mother had been coming down pretty hard on Kaya especially. It got to the point where someone had called the cops. Her mother had slapped her and gave her a pretty nasty bruise and thats when Eric told her to take the money they had saved up and go. They only had enough for one plane ticket and he knew that...he said that he'd start saving up again for him and Mikey and that they'd be with her soon..
--
Again, Hiei was attacked with all the emotions she felt. Guilt, happiness, sorrow, anger, fear. Over and over they washed into him like waves, making him clutch at his head harder. For someone like him, whose used to blocking out every emotion, to have this many bombard him at once was painful.
--
Why don't you tell us a little about yourself Miss Nimiko?” The teacher asked Kaya on her first day in her new Japanese school.
Sighing, Kaya walked to the front of the class, noticing some one the boys staring at her ass as she walked. “Names Kaya... Just came here from America. Don't ask me why I dress the way I do, don't ask if I'm poor, and don't ask for my phone number. I'm not here to make friends, so don't try to act all buddy-buddy with me. Frankly, I think you all suck, so I wouldn't waste my time on you anyway.” Kaya said, aiming the last part at no one in particular. The last thing she wanted was a bunch of superficial new friends. She knew how high school worked. Everyone obsesses over the latest trends, and everyone is going to end up screwing you over.
She's been to enough schools to know it's all the same shit no matter where you go, and frankly, she just didn't wanna deal with it anymore. She wasn't one for hurting peoples feelings, but if it kept the bullshit away from her, then she'd be the bitch.
The teacher sweat dropped and told her where her seat was. She sat in between two big ugly guys and one small ugly dude. Half way through class she noticed the same ugly guys staring at her. Halting her pencils movement she listened to what they were whispering.
Dude, she has like perfect tits!” One of them whispered.
Yeah but whats with the lip piercings? I bet shes a Satan worshiper.” The small one whispered back.
Lets talk about her tits...There huge! She must be at least a C cup.” The other one said back.
Kaya had heard enough. By this time she was fuming. How dare they?! What is it with guys and talking about breasts in the middle of school?! When she moved to Japan she thought she'd be rid of all the assholes like them! It just pissed her off that much more. She faintly heard her pencil break under her clenching fist and took out another one. She scribbled something down a a piece of paper and handed it to the smallest one of the three soon-to-be-testicle-less-oafs. He smiled at her, opened it and his face lit up. It read:
Meet me outside after school...And bring your two friends.
Love, Kaya.
xoxo
He told the other two boys, who both turned around and smiled at her. She smiled back as sweetly as she could and waited not so patiently for the end of school. The sweet sound of the final bell would be the last thing they ever heard if she had her way. Finally, after what seemed liked forever, it came. The end of school. Kaya could have jumped on top of her desk and sang but settled for bolting out of the building at in-human speeds. She waited outside for the lot of them, lighting up a cigarette and leaning back against the brick wall.
She heard a few girls walking by whisper things like 'she thinks she so cool' and 'Halloween isn't for another few months.' She made a goofy/scary face at them and snickered as they all gasped and ran away. Just like the kids at her old school. In fact, the only thing different about moving to Japan is that her mother wasn't here. Everything else was the same.
Hi there. Kaya right?”
Looking to her left, she was about to go off at this person but once she saw it was the small guy from class, she smiled.
Yeah, hey.” She mumbled.
I'm Makishi, thats Daichi, and thats Tomoki. You waned to see us?” He asked nicely. Like he didn't know..
The small one, Makishi, had thick glasses and a bowl cut. One of the two big ones, Daichi, had beaty little eyes and hair that came to his shoulders. The last one, Tomoki, was slightly shorter then Daichi and had short brown hair. He had large brown eyes and a slightly upturned nose, making him look like a child. “Yeah I did. See, you look like smart guys...Remember what I said in school today?” She asked, smiling sweetly at the young boys.
Tomoki, however, ignored her question and asked one of his own. “Whats with your uniform?!” He gaped.
Looking down, Kaya smiled. The blue skirt and white top that was once her school uniform were now gone. She had replaced the knee high skirt with a black one that she had cut a few inches shorter, showing off her fishnet stockings and causing the end of the skirt to fray. She kept the white button down top they had given her, but she kept it un tucked and wore a black leather vest over it, patches, studs, and pins all over it. She wore combat boots instead of the crappy brown shoes they had given to her.
I personalized it.” She mumbled. “Now as I was saying...Shit, I don't have a lot of time so I'll cut to the chase. I heard you talking about me, I”m pissed, and...” She ended her sentence by punching Makishi in the face, knocking him down. She elbowed Tomoki in the gut and kicked Daichi in the groin. She was sick of guys like these losers. Hopefully, by hitting these three guys a few times the rest of the males in this school would leave her alone. She's learned the hard way, you can't let yourself be stepped on. No one else is going to stick up for you, so you better.
Smiling, she looked down at the three oafs. “I told you guys...” And with that she took off to catch the bus. As she did however she heard Daichi mumble, “I still love your chest..” Enraged, she stomped back over and glared down at him. She was about to say something but she felt this overwhelming pain in her head, right between her eyes. Wincing, she shut her eyes as tightly as possible and leaned against the wall.
Kill them. Kill them. KILL THEM!” Something screamed in the back of her mind, causing her to cover her ears. All of a sudden she let out a blood curling scream. Clutching her head, she screamed at the top of her lungs, “STOP!” And everything did.
It all stopped.
The windows in the school all shattered at once and she fell to her knees, still clutching her head. Kaya didn't know what had happened to her, and she didn't want to know. She rode the bus home and a week later switched schools again. She just pretended it never happened...
--
Hiei screamed, unable to take it anymore. To many emotions all at once. So much anger..
Then, just like that...it was gone. The whole thing took less than 10 seconds but it felt like forever to him. He jumped away from Kaya, who was curled up in a ball...crying? He sniffed the air and for the second time that day, the sent of salt water hit his nose. “Why?” He asked, panting slightly. He was exhausted, much to his dismay. He wanted to keep his distance from her so he stayed in his place sitting against a tree. He was just too tired to stand right now. It seemed like every time he got close to her, he was weaker. For the first time in a long time he lost his composer...
“I...I saw...w-what happened to you.” She whispered, getting up and crawling closer to him. He didn't move but his eyes widened. She must've saw his memories also...She saw...And shes crying? Over him? “I'm sorry..” She breathed, crawling into his lap and wrapping her arms around his waist. He was shocked into staying stock still, eyes still wide. “You didn't deserve that Hiei...I'm so sorry..” She said, choking back a sob.
“Your crying because of what you saw..?” He asked slowly, still shocked at the hug she was giving him. “I'm crying for you. Because you won't. And I'm not much of a crier myself, so be happy.” She laughed slightly though it held no humor. Hiei said nothing and they stayed like that for the rest of the night, each one finally getting the sleep that seemed to be avoided them before.