Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Here For You ❯ Something Isn't Right ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One Something isn't right

Hiei awoke with the shining sun and felt the soft warmth caress his body. He jumped down from the tree he had slept in and decided to go for a walk to wake up. The day was warm but not hot and the birds' songs carried through the sky and over the trees. He spoke none and to nobody. He just walked through the already bustling city. He had a few thoughts in his mind yet he didn't know what they were. (Ever feel like that?) "Hey Hiei!" he heard from behind him. "Great. Yukina. And Kuwabara's with her," Hiei mumbled.

He loved to see his sister, but Kuwabara was another case. Yukina was the only one he had in the cruel world. Otherwise, like many, he was shunned,an outcast. "Hey, Yukina," Hiei said putting on a rare smile that he used around her. "Hey, shorty, wuz up," Kuwabara said in that annoying tone of voice. "Oh, look, it's you," Hiei mumbled. "Oh, C'mon! Lay off! You know we're goin' out so why don'tcha just get used to it!" Kuwabara said aloud. "Ooh, I can get used to your dates. What I can't seem to get used to is you ya' baka red haired ningen!" Hiei yelled.

"C'mon, Yukina, let's go," Kuwabara said dragging her away. "You lay a hand on her and I'll kill you with my own hand!" Hiei yelled over the crowd as they hurried off. He blew some hair out of his eyes, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and walked the other way, mumbling, "Ruining a good morning,mrmfrm." Hiei walked another block and stopped. He hopped up into a tree and onto a balcony. He knocked on the door a bit saying, "Yo' Karam- Suichi, it's me Hiei. Open up!" Kurama opened the door and saw Hiei on the balcony.

He turned his head slightly to the side in a sly way. "I wouldn't suppose you're in the mood for some strawberry ice cream are you?" "Well, that's not while I'm here, but……… YEAH!" Hiei said getting excited. Boy,did he love ice cream! "Well, what's up?" Kurama asked after Hiei had finished the ice cream. "Well, I've got a deal to make with you," Hiei said beginning to talk with his hands. "Oh, no, what is it?" Kurama said, "If it has anything to do with breaking up Yukina and Kuwabara then no." "Aw, C'mon Kurama! Please?" "No." "Damn it!" Hiei said. "No language in this house Hiei. You can do what you want at the party tonight," Kurama replied. "What's it for again?" Hiei said. "Duh, Koenma's uh………birthday," Kurama said. "How old is that little guy anyway?" Hiei asked raising an eyebrow. (Give ya' an imaginary quarter to whoever knows! Seriously!)

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

Botan walked with Keiko into the mall. They were going to buy a present for Koenma. Botan didn't really want to even go to the party. She was tired of the feeling love for someone who wasn't the least bit interested in her. Her heart had already given him up and so had she. They were going to get him something normal, like a shirt or something. Botan felt wronged still. She was alone, a weed in a world of roses. "How about this?" Keiko said picking out a shirt. "Yeah, okay," Botan said paying no attention to it. Keiko bought it and they walked the mall a while. Botan looked off into the silence of her beating heart.

A long sigh escaped her, a sigh of loneliness and a sorrow hidden quietly in her mind. If only………there was someone else out there, someone like her, a loner. That would happen in about a million years. (or not O-o) They left the mall about an hour before the party and headed to Kurama's house. Botan and Keiko were there early and so was Hiei whom had been there for about two hours. "Wow, you look excited," Botan said sarcastically. "Well, if you had to stay here for about two hours, while your friend did chores, then you would be bored too. Hn," Hiei said turning his head away.

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

Something was troubling Hiei. Something just wasn't right. He felt something inside of him trying to tell him something. It was hard to ignore it too. "I wonder," he thought, "What's going on elsewhere."