Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Here For You ❯ Alone But Together ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two………Alone but together.

"Helllllllllloooooo? Hiei? Are you listening?" Botan said waving her hand in front of Hiei's wondering eyes. "WHAT?!" Hiei yelled catching Botan by surprise. "You were supposed to get the cake I ordered. Have you brought it here yet?" Botan asked impatiently. "Does it look like I brought it? Get it yourself. I'd much rather this leave damn place to get away from your bitching anyway," Hiei said averting his eyes away angrily. (WOAH! HIEI! WATCH YOUR MOUTH! I guess I was mad at someone today or somethin'.) "Hmph, funny how you can't look someone straight in the eye when you talk," Botan said angered by the comment. "FINE! I'll get the cake! Stupid baka bitch," Hiei said leaving. (*Slaps Hiei on back of head*)

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

"FINE! YOU WANT YOUR STUPID BROTHER! THEN LEAVE!" Kuwabara yelled. "HIEI'S WAY BETTER THEN YOU'LL EVER BE!" Yukina yelled and slammed the door. "Stupid Kuwabara, he just has to get along with my brother! That's all! Well, maybe that's harder than you think. Oh, well," Yukina said to herself as she walked into the park. "Excuse me miss, I couldn't help but overhear. You say you know a man named Hiei?" A man said from behind her. "Yes, he's my brother. Why?" Yukina said turning around. "Oh, it's a long story. Please join me for coffee and I'll tell you everything," The man said. "May I know your name first?" Yukina said, charmed at the politeness of the man.

"Oh, just call me Miserah. Come, join me for coffee," he said. "Well, okay, it sounds nice but not for too long. I have a birthday party to go to," she said and followed him back to his house. They entered the house with a pleasant chatter and Yukina sat on the sofa. "Perfect," Miserah thought, "Finally, a chance to get back at Hiei for killing me. It's a good thing I'm invincible. Hmhmhm." (Ya' know the evil snicker that villians have.) He lifted his hand and began to power it. "Yukina, could you come here for a moment?" he asked. "Sure," she said. That's when it happened. The moment she walked into the kitchen, she was floored, along with the blood that had escaped her now lifeless body. (C'mon Yukina! Didn't anyone ever tell you NOT to talk to strangers?!?!?! x_x)

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

"Here's your stupid cake," Hiei said angrily but he was actually a bit cheerful cause he got to choose the ice cream too. Kurama walked into the room a bit pale looking. "Kurama? What's up?" Hiei asked followed by Botan whom had entered the room. "Hiei? I-" Kurama said disturbed, "Yusuke called and………Hiei I……… your sister………is………dead." Hiei laughed, "Hey, that's really funny! Woah, you almost got me there! What an actor!" Kurama's eyes widened. "Y-you're not kidding……… are you?" Hiei said. Kurama nodded. A pain filled Hiei's soul as he sat down on the chair looking at his hands.

"Yu-yukina's……… dead? No. This can't be. I'm alone. I'll always be alone," Hiei thought. "Please excuse me," Hiei said as he left and walked into Kurama's bathroom. His heart pounded and sweat poured down his face. He vomited into the toilet as the sweat poured over his brow. "Yukina, the only one I had left, gone. She left me like everybody else! Why? Why did she leave me? WHY!" Hiei thought.

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

Botan and Kurama heard Hiei in the bathroom. "Botan, go check on him. I'll get a cool cloth. Poor guy. I didn't know it would get to him so bad. He's lost so much already," Kurama said leaving into the other room. Botan took no time to go check on him. "Hiei, she said entering the room. Hiei flushed the toilet and just sat on his knees, staring at the floor. Botan got on her knees and pulled him close to her. "Hiei,I'm so sorry," Botan said quietly. "Please tell no one what I've done," Hiei muttered. "What………do you mean?" Botan asked. Hiei's body jumped a bit. "Hiei?" Hiei was crying! () Soft sobs escaped his throat and Botan pulled him closer. Her eyes began to water. She didn't want to see him like this and Yukina WAS her friend.

She rocked Hiei in her arms as tears streamed his face and hers. "Hiei, please don't be like this," Botan said as he began to calm down. "Oh, Botan, she was all I had left," Hiei said into her shirt, "Please, don't tell anyone about this. I-I'd be humiliated!" Botan rocked him a bit softer as his sobs stopped. She rubbed his back softly. "Sorry, Botan but I had to make a bed and-" Kurama said. Botan didn't look up. She just lay against the bathroom wall with Hiei asleep in her lap. "Here, help me get him to a bed. He really needs to rest. I'm so sorry for him," Botan whispered and picked his light body up and lay him on the couchbed that Kurama had readied before hand.

Botan lay Hiei down carefully and kissed his forehead. He was such a quiet sleeper. He was one of those people where their true feelings shown through his/her face when he/she was asleep. Hiei's face showed true hurt and sadness. Botan covered Hiei with a blanket and walked with Kurama into the other room. "Did Hiei tell you anything about his sister?" Botan asked as she sipped on her coffee. "No, not anything really important but I can't help wondering about who killed her and why," Kurama said. "You guys," Kuwabara said running into the house breathing hard, "What's all this about Yukina being dead?!" "Well, um," Botan and Kurama said in unison.

"It's true," Hiei said from the couch. His eyes were open and hurt filled them but he hid it. "WHAT?!" Kuwabara exasperated. "I don't know Kuwabara. You can think she's alive but she is dead. I'm………sorry," Hiei said looking down at his feet. He obviously knew he wasn't the only one who didn't want to hear that. "YOU'RE SORRY?! YEAH RIGHT! IT'S YOUR FAULT!" Kuwabara yelled. "What?! I haven't seen her since this morning!" "Yeah but you're the reason we were fighting and that's why she left!" Hiei was taken aback by this. Botan heard his breathing getting louder either from anger or sorrow. "She probably would have never left if I'd left them be this morning. No, I can't be responsible for Yukina's death! I can't!" Hiei said to himself. Kuwabara's face changed. He noticed that he wasn't the only one who lost something.

Botan walked over to him. "Hiei, it's not your fault. These things just happen-" Botan was cut off by Hiei saying, "YES IT IS! A man named Miserah did it. I can sense him in the area. He did it to get revenge on ME! I can't live with myself OR any of you! So why don't you stop pretending to care and LEAVE ME ALONE!" Kurama began sweetly, "Hiei-" "HIEI NOTHING! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Hiei screamed and ran out the door, "I just want to be by myself!" Botan followed silently. Hiei jumped up into the tree in the park and buried his face in his knees. Botan watched from below. "Hiei, you're not alone. We are alike, you and I," Botan said causing him to look down at her, "We are alone, outcasts, shunned by others, weeds in flower gardens. Am I right?" "Hn, you have someone who cares for you, like Koenma." "No, actually," Botan said as tears began to run down her face, "He………he sees nothing in me." Botan looked away.

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

Hiei jumped down the tree. "We are alike?" he asked. "Mmhmm," Botan said her voice choked. Hiei then did something out of his character. (no flames plz) He wrapped his arms around Botan and now pulled her body close to his. He kissed the top of her head softly. "We'll never be alone, as long as we're together."