Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Moment ❯ We've got a skipper ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"See Airi. I told you, you'd do great. You're probably the reason we won."
"Thanks, but it wasn't just me you know."
"I know. Let's just find a ride.
"Umm. That line looks pretty short."
"Let's go. What does that sign say?" Mordecai asked when they reached the ride. Airiona shook her head.
""Mord, it says whit water rafting. You really need to work on your Japanese."
"Well, I've only been here for two years."
"Let's just go." They walked to the end of the line. They were chatting when Mordecai stopped her.
"Turn around." She looked to see a red-head that looked quite familiar.
"So."
"Isn't he supposed to be at school?" Then she remembered.
"Shiuuichi Minamino." he turned around. "Now aren't you supposed to be in school?" She said rasing and eyebrow. His mouth moved but nothing came out.
"Now that was unexpected. The smartest boy in school skipping. That's a shocker." Mordecai added in.
"So what now? Are you going to get me in trouble?"
"Of course not. Don't even worry about it. But next time look us up."
"Yeah, we need to escape too." He laughed.
"Well you two know my name but i don't know yours."
"Airiona Scott."
"Mordecai Jackson at your service."
"Nice to meet you two. But, I have not seen you two around school."
"Ah, I'm hurt. Hold me Mord." The two joked
"It'll be ok Airi. We still have each other."
"Yeah." They laughed.
"It's cool. We're not that popular so we're kind of low on your radar."
"Besides we're sophmores." Airiona added in. Yusuke walked over to him.
"Hey man, who are you talking t-to...wow."
"This is Airiona and Mordecai." But Yusuke wasn't paying attention as he stared at their chest. Both of them slapped him and he was laid out on the ground. The stepped on him as they moved with the line. "Asshole." Kurama couldn't help but eye her when she wasn't looking.
"So where'd you get that necklace?"
"Oh this? My birthmother gave it to me. I guesss she didn't want it.
"It's beautiful." He touched it and let his hand drop.
"So...where's your girlfriend?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You know, Kira. Tall, long flowing hair, on the swim team with me." He scoffed.
"Her? I just can't stand her. She just told everyone we were together. I never see her once we leave the building. She just can't take a hint."
"Sad. You must be really nice."
"I've been told. So who's the lucky guy?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Your boyfriend."
"Well you see my friend. I don't have one. Been single all my life. Not too many Japanese boys have found me attractive."
"I don't see why not."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because I think your beautiful."
"T-thank you. No one has said that to me before."
"Well you do, because you are." A strand of hair flew out of place and he tucked it behind her ear letting his hand touch her face as it dropped down. She stared into those intense green eyes. "Come on guys. The line is moving." Yusuke urged on. They walked up still looking at each other.
The rest of the time there they hung out with the group but Kurama a.k.a Shiuuichi and Airiona allways seemed to fall behind, away from the group. "So Mr.Minamino, what kind of girl are you looking for?"
"Oh I don't know." he said while looking at the sunset. "I guess, someone llike you?" he said grinning.
"Hmm. Now what is someone like me?"
"Beautiful, smart, mature. Someone who is excatly different from Kira, someone who is unique. Someone I can talk to, trust, and have fun with. You know, someone like you."
"Haha."
"Well, what kind of guy are you looking for?"
"Some who is tall, he doesn't have to be drop dead gorgous or anything. Someone that can make me smile, feel safe and secure. Someone I can trust and trust me. And he just have to captivate me, make me know that he is the one I've been looking for."
"Hmm. Do you think i meet your standards?"
"I'll let you know." she giggled.
"Oh great, your going to make me wait aren't you."
"Well, they say, "Good things come to those who wait.""
"Ok ok."
"Oh no. I'm sorry Schiuuichi but I have to go. Our buses are going to leave soon. Bye." She began to walk off but he caught her wrist.
"Will I see you again?"
"Of course. Until next time."
"Good." And then she ran off.