Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Moment ❯ Secrets 2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Kami." He carried her downstairs. "Mrs. Yamamoto. Airiona, she passed out."
"Oh God. I need to get her back home. Ms. Minamino is it ok if i borrow Shiuuichi for a while?"
"Go ahead. Call me and tel me if she's ok."
"Will do. Come on Shiuuichi." He carried her to the backseat and laid her there. "Kurama."
"How did you know?"
"How did you not know I knew. Anyways, I think that Airi may be the protecter of the key."
"And who is the key?"
"My son."
"How do you know all of this?"
My greatgrandfather, who was once a protector told me that I would produce the key. I have noticed the mark on Rei and the changes going on with Airi. Something happened and Airi sensed it. But, she is not used to it so it overwhelmed her. All I know is that we need to protect those 2 as much as possible. Don't tell her about this, she'll figure it out when it is time. We need to get to my mother's."
"So you are not a demon?"
"Correct. We are sprits put on this earth to make sure things don't go too far. We have to maintain as much peace as possible, but there are only a few of us left."
"Were there more?"
"Yes. But, there has been a spree of killings all over and some of them have gone corrupt. I don't know what we are going to do. If they find Rei or even Airi it will be over for life as we know it."
"What would happen if they got Rei?"
"Well, they will go through a ceremony and kill him for the power to open all the gates to hell and all of the demons will be set free and that will be the end of that. There will just be demons with a vast amount of space. But, if the protecor is still alive, it will be transfered to them and lies dorment. Their i dentity changes and it is masked so that no one knows where to start looking for the key."
"Why would someone make a key for all of that?"
"Well they needed one I guess. But, no one really knows why. But I do know we have to keep the world from ending."
"This is going to be a big case."
"I know. So, you like my daughter?"
"Huh?"
"I know you like her. And it seems to be turing into more that just a like."
"How did you know?"
"I can see how your eyes change when you see her and the subtle changes in your expression. But i can also see what's in your heart. I have to know these things for my own good."
"Can she see it too?"
"At the moment she is fighting her powers subconscious. In her subconscious she knows what will happen once she gets them and she doesn't want to face that. But, little by little they are slipping in."
"Wow. If I had to deal with that I would avoid it too."
"I know everything will work out ok. I know it will. Because I know Airiona."
"Why do you need to get to your mother's?"
"There has been a disturbance. Soemthing has gone wrong. So I need to talk to my mother."
"Ok."