Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ In the Need for Speed ❯ Race to the Death ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ha! More reviews, I feel loved! ^.^ Thanks guys…er I mean gals. Ehehe…

Review Responses-

Kyome Urameshi-LOL, yup. I hate those as well, but their also fun to put in! It builds up more suspense! ^^ LOL, well I thank ye for the review and enjoy this new chapter!

AnimeFreakNikore-LOL, some dude and I'm calling him Yamagama. Oh and yea, Kay was talking to Hiei on IM. Have a cookie for figuring it out, but I bet everyone knew that…lol. *Hands out cookies*

Chibi Trey-Hello again and thank you for the review and nice complement! ^.^

AMK-LOL, yea! They did just appear out of nowhere…o.0 I didn't know I'll get all these great hits! I feel so loved! And just to think I'm only on the 5th chapter! And it's hard getting all these good reviews like this on MM! *Sweat drop* I can be just as weird as well…and yes, Kurama is coming to rescue you, in this here chapter! Lol, hope you enjoy this one, I made it a tad bit longer!

MoonFoxChild-Such a interesting name…LOL, I thank ye for the review and cool complement! Thank you again and here the new chapter! Enjoy! ^.^

Kate*-Thank You for all the tens! I feel loved! Hehe…yea like I explained before I started the second chapter, I had already noticed that NO ONE would do a You x Kurama insert you gang story of a type, so I either wanted to be the first or become part of the gang story writer people. Do I portray the characters well? Thanks! At least I know I'm doing something right…thanks!

Lagrimas de oro-Ooh…I forgot to tell ya that ya have a VERY interesting name, does it mean anything? Well, if you say so, thank you…that what all my friends say, I can make pretty neat romance without making it that really sappy kind of way…o.0 If that's even possible?! Thanks for the review and neat complement! ^^

ChibiLuver-o.0 Uh…I'm really sorry! *MAJOR sweat drop* Don't hurt me! Here, have a Kurama plushie! *Hands out plushie* Thanks for the review though…and the nice words…it got me to update…ehehehe…

BlueEyedDemon90-Ooh…thank you!

Anime: *Stares blankly*

DC: Hello?

Anime: Don't talk to me.

DC: Why?

Anime…

DC: Why?

Anime:…

~5 Hours Later~

DC: Why?

Anime: I highly doubt you wanna continue reading this for the next 5 hours, so please do continue down.

DC: Why?

Anime: *Hits him* THAT'S why! Stupid brat.

DC: *Teary eyed* MOMMY!!!!!!

Anime: I don't YYH or You…now I'm going to listen to me Mom scream at me for hitting me demon child people call a younger brother…so onward me Kurama fans!

Chapter 5-Race to the Death

~Last Time~

"If I lose," Kyou continued.

"_____'s mine and you hell better leave this country!" replied Yamagama with a sneer.

"Hn, doubt that," your brother replied with a smirk, "She might already be taken…"

"By who?"

"By me…" replied another new voice. You gasped in surprise, how was HE here?!

~Now~

"Shuuichi?!" you basically yelled as the members of Yamagama's team of some sort stared wide eyed at Kurama's form. The girls had basically fainted and the guys just plain stared.

"Your in alliance with A Spirit Hunter?!" a member of Yamagama's yelled with surprise and shock in his voice.

"I see our reputation processed in this part of town," Kurama's voice was calm and smooth as a gentle stream itself, "I'm mostly here for the girl."

'Wha…?' you asked yourself as you received glares from the female part of the group.

" 'bout time you got here Kitsune," your brother continued on smirking.

"Boss, whadda gonna do now?" you heard one of Yamagama's lackeys asked, "Their with a Spirit Hunter, who knows what'll happen."

"Minor set back," Yamagama replied.

"I apologize for my lateness and seeing that nothing is really going on here, shall we be going now?" Kurama asked with a sly look plastered on his face. You continued to stare at Kurama, with a tint of pink on your cheeks.

'What's wrong with me?' you asked yourself, 'Why am I acting like this? Oh god…could I….NO!!! Stop thinking that, ____, at least…not right now…'

"What about our deal, _(last name)_?!" Yamagama shouted, his eyes glowing an eerie red, you gasped as you felt a pulse of some sort, coming from Yamagama. It seems that both Kyou and Kurama had felt that cause both their eyes had narrowed dangerously.

'What's going on here?! What the hell was THAT?!' you continued talking to yourself.

"I knew it," Kurama advanced toward the two of you, "I may not know you Yamagama, but I DO know that YOUR not the REAL Yamagama…"

"What?!" you asked, really shocked, "What the hell is going on here?! Is there something ANYONE would like to enlighten me with?!"

"Kyou this is the demon we're looking for," Kurama continued, obviously ignoring your cries at the moment. Kyou had nodded then looked back to you.

"____, look, I know your confused, but I might as well tell you now," his voice was gentle yet serious at the same time, you stared back, this look you gave him, it's like 2 unknown heads just popped out nowhere.

"Oh, please do enlighten me, Kyou," you replied sarcastically, "Please do tell me what the hell is Minamino is rambling about, why are agreeing with him, what the hell is going on and what the hell are you HIDING FROM ME?!?!?!?!?"

"Back at the hospital, when you were out cold," your brother continued, "The Spirit Hunters had told us that they work for this really secretive organization called Reikai Inc. (AN: Ha Ha! Just to tell, Reikai and Makai don't exist in this story, well they do, but it's planned for something else…) Their the ones who keep in track with all the demons that live around the world. They also do these things called Missions and your one of their missions…-"

"EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!?" you screamed.

"Shut up and let me continue!" Kyou glared at you, "After this is done, I have agreed to let them take you back to Japan for the protection program. Your NOT going alone, for some reason, Kay insisted that she come too, she kept on rambling about demon magic and now she can finally complete this thing…well, I'm sorry ____, I'm not taking anymore chances with you and this life you grew up with. For a long time, I just wished you'd live with a normal family, in a normal life. You shouldn't be letting this type of thing be part of your life, you have a perfect school life and really nice friends. Please, ____, just do this for me…please?"

You stared at him, how can your brother say such things. You loved your life right now, really cool best friends, a hobby, something to do, him. School was okay, but just like any other person, you wanted to go home and never see school again. A normal life, you didn't want a "normal" life, you wanted to stay in this life, this was your "normal" life.

"No Kyou…I…"

"Alright, I've had enough of the family reunions!" Yamagama sneered as the eerie red started to glow around him, a burst of energy as you were thrown back, waiting to hit the wall or something, you felt nothing of any wall, just someone else. Looking up, you found that Kurama had caught you, his arms wrapped around your waist protectively, making it look like he was hugging you from behind. Blushing you look over to find that all of you were outside, Kyou and Yamagama inside their cars and you stared.

"How'd we get here?" you asked out loud as Kurama gently placed you on the ground, you were sitting where your legs were folded to the side where Kurama was still behind you, kneeling and supporting your shoulders with his hands.

"Teleporting," replied Kurama, his eyes still hard and dangerous looking, "We're back in the Cali Speedway."

Blinking, you turned your attention from the red head back to the cars, Yamagama was smirking like hell but your brother looked like he was struggling in his seat.

"What's wrong with Kyou?" you asked, "Why is he struggling?"

"It's Yamagama's doing," replied the red head, " Your brother is being forced to do this…"

"No…no….NO!!!! KYOU!!!! YOUR GOING TO GET KILLED!!!!!!" you screamed and tried to get up, but Kurama had stopped you, "No! I have to stop this, I DON'T want my brother killed!"

"_____, listen to yourself!" he yelled and pulled you back down, a bit to hard," I'm sorry, but you'll get yourself killed if you go over there. If your brother manages to survive this, I'll be killed myself because I broke the promise I gave him!"

"What promise…?"

"I had met up with him earlier when I almost crashed into him when I was chasing the van you were in…"

~*Flashback*~

"Minamino, what the hell?!" your brother yelled, "What are you doin' here?"

"Your sister's been kidnapped and now I think I lost the van," replied Kurama with his eyes…not that gentle looking anymore.

"I think I know where she is, just follow me," replied Kyou as he watched Kurama nod and jump back to the muscle car, "Wait, Minamino."

"Yes?"

"Can you do me a favor…?"

"Sure."

"If I don't survive this, can you take care of, _____ for me?"

"Uh…sure, but what are you talking about?"

"Just incase something happens, I know this person who kidnapped _____. It was a rival of mine. Look, Minamino, I can tell that my sis likes ya. She may have a very odd way of showing it, but if you just look close enough, she does. Just promise me that you'll protect her for me?"

"Yes, I promise…"

"Heh, thanks man."

Both had then smiled at one another did some handshake type of thing and then left.

~*End Flashback*~

You didn't know what to say. You didn't even realized that the race had started and Kyou was in the lead. Clinging your hand on the bottom of your hospital gown (AN: Yes, you still have that thing on -.-) You watched nervously as both cars sped around the track, ramming, swerving almost crashing. Sensing your nervous state, Kurama had placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, reassuring you. You looked at it and nervously placed one of your own on it. Smiling and blushing at the same time, you slowly turned to Kurama and there he had on that carefree smile of his. You smiled a soft one of your own as you turned your attention back to the race. Looking for Kyou's car, you finally found it, but there was something near the road…you stared wide eyed. Going over 200+ miles in his car, Kyou was asking for his death wish!

"Oh god, KYOU!!!!" you shouted trying to get up, you finally got up and made your way toward the track, still Kurama fast and he stopped you, "No! Let go! There's something on the road! Kyou's going to crash! I have to stop it! Please, lemme GO!!!!"

Struggling more from Kurama's protective and strong grip on you, you had to watch helplessly as Kyou then swerved trying to pass the trap, but then going through it. Screaming and crying you watched his car go in a spinning death circle and crashing to the side, catching on fire.

"No…no…no…NO KYOU!!!!!!" you screamed out his name and fought out of Kurama's grasp and tried to make a run for the blazing fire. Sure he could be dead, but you wanted hope, a hope that he won't leave you alone like he promised too, when you two were young.

~*Flashback*~

"Big brother!" you yelled with happiness.

"Hey, ____," a mini version of Kyou got down and hugged you.

"How was it?" you asked.

"It was fun, but I really missed you…"

"Really?"

"Yup…"

"Then promise me this…"

"What?" he asked as you got out another half of your necklace you broke and put it around his neck, "_____?"

"You promise never to leave my side and even if I become really annoying, like you say yourself," you replied as you wrapped your little pinky around his, "Promise?"

You felt his own pinky wrap around yours and you looked up to his is smiling face.

"I promise…"

~*End Flashback*~

There, Kyou sat, coughing and stuck in the car. He knew that Yamagama would pull something like this. Coughing out more smoke, he looked up as the front of the car that was red, and orange color. He smiled to himself as he looked down at his neck to find the necklace he never took off, fingering it, he really needed to find a way out. Looking around, he realized the car was to smashed up to find a way out. Then covering his nose and mouth with his jacket sleeve, he yanked off the necklace for the first time, he found a piece of paper, a pen, scribbled down something, fold the paper up, stick the necklace inside the paper and hid it so no one would be able to find it in the car.

'I'm sorry, _____,' he thought with his eyes watering and putting out a flame that was burning up a picture of you, he stared at it, 'Better keep your promise, Minamino, or I'll be making your life a living hell. I'll miss you, ____, take care…'

~You~

Everything had happen so slow. Right before you heard a big boom, Kurama had caught you once again, shouting out stuff that you totally ignored. Screaming, yelling and crying, before you knew it, the car and Kyou were engulfed in flames then the sound of a big explosion.

"This can't be happening…" you trembled, it was the first time after awhile you became a scared little girl, "This can't be real…Kyou's not gone, I'm not alone, I don't personally know the Spirit Hunters, I was never at the hospital, I was never kidnapped, I'm going to wake up from this nightmare, in my bed, as a scared little girl who had a nightmare, with my whole family…"

"Shh…calm down, _____," whispered Kurama as he continued hugging you protectively from behind, "I'm really sorry…"

"No…it's not real…no…KYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" you screamed out as you turned around, pounding on Kurama chest, crying the longest and strongest as you can and all that Kurama could do was let you let it all out…

~*~*~*~

Later, the rival gang had been arrested by a group with weird looking uniforms. Kurama had informed you that they worked for Reikai Inc. Right after they left, the police then came charging by, along with the news reporters. Your friends, along with the Spirit Hunters came by to pick the two of you up and to see how you were doing. Taking you back at the hospital, there Megumi was waiting to sign your release form for as a temporally guardian. Right after your check up, you were finally allowed to go home and rest for the rest of the night, Kayori had then insisted on sleeping over, and she did. Then right after the funeral for Kyou, you, Kayori, Megumi and the Spirit Hunters were off to Japan, there the rest of your new life will be at.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Sniffles* Wow…I didn't think I'd go that far…

DC: Yeah, you went to far.

Anime: Oh damnit you! You ruined my moment!

DC: *Sticks tongue out*

Anime: -.- Your so loveable…I hate you. Well, that about wraps it up for me, I'll be a startin writing the next chapter, but I start school tomorrow, so I'm really sorry if my updating is slow! And no, this wasn't the ending! I have far more to go before you finally read the ending! ^.^ R&R and thanks for sticking with me the way ya'll have!