Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It was you all along ❯ Big girls and Staying out late ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It Was You All Along”
 
Ch.10
Big girls and
Staying out to late.
 
“Heads up!”
 
Layla looked up and caught the ball that was aimed toward her.
 
Kurama started cheering. “For the honor of football! Layla is she man!”
 
“Go back to the cave you crawled out of porcupine.” She snapped back, referring to his hair. She throw the ball back at him.
 
“Porcupine? Damn, why does her words get on my nerves so much? No one else can do that.” Then he said. “Aww you grouchy because every time you look at me you know you can only look and not touch?”
 
“Puh-lease… IF I touch you I might get a disease.”
 
“Poor Layla. Gonna die a single lonely old nun.”
 
She gave him a secretive smile. “Just because I don't date around like you don't mean anything. And besides… how do you know I'm single?” Kurama looked at her. “Is she dating someone I don't know?” He was about to ask but just then Winry his latest girlfriend walked up and interrupted there discussion. “Kurama!”
 
She ran up to squeeze him. He rolled his eyes. “Damn Winry, why did she have to show up? She's been such a selfish pain.” But he gave her a smile anyway. “So what are you doing here?”
 
“I wanted you to look at my new dress!”
 
It was a tight little black V neck dress that showed plenty. And Winry was a little too chubby for it. “Its nice.” He said.
 
Kurama really didn't care. He paned on breaking up with her soon. Layla was watching them the whole time. She rolled her eyes. Winry caught her watching them. She started to talk to Layla in her super snobby voice.
 
“I know what you're thinking. But sorry the don't have this in a large.”
 
Layla gave her a fake smile. “No but your mouth sure does!” Then she walked away. Winry rolled her eyes. “What ever! Freak.” Kurama glared at her. He didn't like it when others made fun of her just because she seemed a little strange.
 
“You didn't have to say that you know.”
 
Winry stomped her foot. “Why do you always take her side?!” Kurama just walked away. “Kurama!”
 
! Kurama waited for Layla after school but didn't see her so he decided to drop by her house. She wasn't home, but her grandpa was.
 
“Kurama! Long time no see my boy! Come in!”
 
“Hi Granpa Awayuki. Is Layla home?”
 
“No, she told me she's going out with her boyfriend.”
 
“Boyfriend!? Who is he?”
 
Granpa Awayuki gave him a smile. “Kurama your older know. Don't be teasing an old man. You and Layla still pretend to hate each other while you both know you have a burning connection for each other.”
 
“Connection!? Heck no.”
 
Granpa Awayuki just smiled. “Ok ill just play along. Shell be home later around eleven.” Kurama smiled and shock his head. Granpa always wanted him and Layla to be together. “Ok. Good bye for now Granpa Awayuki.
 
“Good bye Kurama.”
 
! (12:15 p.m)
 
Kurama knocked on the Awayuki door again, and Granpa Awayuki answered.
 
“Is Layla home yet?”
 
“No she's a little late coming home, but she's a big girl now. She can take care of herself.”
 
“It's late, and after midnight. Aren't you worried?”
 
“Layla's been out this late the past two months. Why are you so worried?”
 
Kurama blushed. “I'm not worried.” Granpa Awayuki asked. “You can come wait inside if you want.”
 
“No. Ill goes out and look for her.” He turned and left.
 
Kurama began to walk down the street. He sat on the curb and waited. Ten minutes later Layla was walking up the path with a dreamy look on her face. Kurama was so happy to see her, but was also mad. He walked up to her.
 
“What's wrong with you? What is a girl like you doing out so late on a school night?”
 
She looked at him in surprise. “None of your business.” Then she began walking home. He followed her. Kurama knew he couldn't but the thought of her with another guy was tearing at his insides.
 

Well you granpa was worried.”
 
“I can take care of my self.”
 
They made it home together in silence. She went inside and closed the door. He watched her go in without a word and shut the door as a sign. She had shut her out of his life.
 
*^_^*Well that's end of that chapter. In the next Layla's boyfriend will be revealed. And Kurama plays spy. Keep Reading!!!*^_^*