Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ It was you all along ❯ Graduation, Celebration ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It Was You All Along”
 
Ch.17
Graduation, Celebration
 
*^_^*Ok school is so done with. Its graduation and were lovin it. Also Kurama learns some bad news. How will he avoid it? Lets find out. On with the storey! *^_^*
 
*: The next day went by fast until Graduation. During it Layla almost pasted out from boredom, but kept herself going for her parents. Kurama and her both got there diplomas, both graduating with honors. At the end everyone throw there caps in the air as the school set off fireworks. Kaitou came up to Kurama.*
Kaitou: Well my worthy adversary. Maybe well meet again.
Kurama: I'm sure we will.
Kaitou: Well keep yourself out of trouble. Later.
 
*: Kaitou turns as he waves and leaves with Kurama waving behind him. He then turned to find Layla. He eventually found her with her parents, and grandpa. He could here them telling her how proud they were of her. Then her grandpa said something about a trip, and how it was too dangerous for her to go alone. Kurama became curious. So he came up behind her and lightly slapped her shoulder.*
 
Kurama: Hey Layla.
Layla: Oh hi.
Grandpa Awayuki: Layla were going to the car, we'll see you there.
Layla: k grandpa.
Grandpa Awayuki: And congratulations to you to Kurama. Ill see you back at the house.
Kurama: Thank you. See you later too.
 
*: Then they left for the car leaving Layla and Kurama.*
 
Kurama: Sooo…Layla. Where you goin on a trip?
Layla: Oh yeah, I didn't tell you yet.
 
*: He tilted his head to the side in curiosity.*
 
Layla: Well after graduation I wanted to go on a road trip. So tomorrow at lunch, I'm going on a long trip.
 
*: Kurama's eyes had a hint of sorrow and fright of her leaving.*
 
Kurama: Oh…cool. For how long?
Layla: I woulnt be back for a year at the least.
 
*: Kurama's heart shattered.*
Kurama: Grandpa wants me to take someone with me though. He thinks it's too dangerous for me to go alone. But who?
 
*: Kurama saw his chance.*
 
Kurama: Well…what about me?
Layla: YOU! No…I think I've put up with you long enough. This is supposed to be my vacation. Freedom of being an adult. Not my nightmare.
Kurama: Aw, please. I've always wanted to go on a road trip. I promise Ill be good.
 
*: She gave him an are you kidding me face. He then gave her puppy dog eyes and a pout. She grumbled.*
 
Layla: err. Ill think about it. And don't do that face again. It's kinda creepy.
Kurama: Yes!
Layla: What ever. Later.
Kurama: Bye!
 
*: He had a little more relief but she still had to say yes. If not…he wouldn't see her for a whole year. He didn't know what he'd do. So he then headed home with his mother. And later headed over to Layla's house for there graduation celebration. Kurama and his mom Shori were invited in by grandpa Awayuki. The two family's chatted and laughed about Layla and Kurama's past. Then they got out the wine. He got very low percentage for Layla and Kurama and gave every one there glasses.*
Grandpa Awayuki: Here's to Layla and Kurama. Congratulations for graduating what Layla calls the halls of torture. And surviving there teachers.
 
*: They all chuckled a bit at the comment, then they rose there glasses and clinked them together. The two got a few gifts from there family. They all continued to talk of the past and present. Kurama noticed Layla was missing and couldn't find her down stairs. So he went up stairs to look for her. He eventually found her in her room checking off the things in her suit case and duffel bag. He came up behind her and looked at the list.*
 
Kurama: Don't forget Mr. Snuggles your stuffed kitty.
Layla: Don't you knock? And I don't have a stuffed kitty…..It's a fox.
Kurama: A fox?
Layla: Yeah my grandma gave it to me when I was little before she died and I grew found of it. So it stays safe on my drawer.
Kurama: Ok then are you taking Mr. Fox with you?
Layla: No, but can you had me that pillow over there?
 
*: Kurama just shrugged and handed her the pillow, that she took and slugged him in the face with it. She smirked as she went back to check every thing once more.*
 
Kurama: You've gone over it three times already. I don't think any of your socks have crawled away in that amount of time.
 
*: She gave him a look. She went to hit him with the pillow again. But he caught it this time and tripped her to the ground. She looked surprised, but just sat up as he took a seat next to her.*
 
Kurama: So… you decide yet?

*: She glanced at him, then turned her head.*
 
Layla: About you going?....yeah….you can.
Kurama: Great. ^_^
Layla: Well I guess you gota go home and pack now.
Kurama: Already did!
Layla: What?!
Kurama: I had a slight feeling you'd say yes. So I packed before I came over.
Layla: Your gona be the death of me, I just know it.
 
*: He just smiled. ! Later the parents noticed Layla and Kurama were missing. So they looked for them. They found the two in Layla's room sitting shoulder to shoulder against the bed asleep. They just smiled and shut the door.*
 
Shori: Aww they look so cute.
Granpa Awayuki: I knew they'd make a good couple one day.
Duo: Well this long trip will be great for them then.
Karren: Who knows maybe when they come back next year, I may have a son in law.
 
*: They all smiled of giggled lightly and left.*
 
*^_^* Well there you have it. Its road trip time. Next time Layla gets to meet Hiei, Kuwabara, and Yusuke as they say good bye to Kurama. Also the trio give him a going away gift. A book. Of what? Find out next time!!! MU HA HA HA! *^_^*