Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Sleep Forever ❯ Part 2: Explanations ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let Me Sleep Forever

 

Part 2: Explanations

 

"What did you do, piss off the Mafia?"

 

"Heh, go-good one Gen-Genkai," he managed to get out before going into a bit of a repeated cough.

 

"Mommy!" the little girl identified as Diana said in worry.

 

"Mommy? Since when did you have a child?" Genkai asked curiously while healing some of his serious injuries.

 

"Si-since a week a-ago."

 

"What an amazing growth spurt. Turn on your front so I could heal your back Kurama."

 

Kurama did as he was told and laid on his stomach. It still hurt since somehow the bruises remained but Genkai was able to heal the skin and stop the bleeding. His demon healing abilities would come in later. God he wanted to sleep. His ki was depleting day by day. There was no known cause but he knew that it was from something. Searching blindly was the only option he had to deal with. But when these pack of demons just suddenly attacked him out of nowhere. He protected Diana but it seemed that he didn't pull out his 'Rose Whip' fast enough since his ki was decreasing at an alarming rate. Diana ran off after they left and just came back with Genkai.

 

He felt helpless. But he was grateful that it was she and not someone else.

 

After Genkai was finished he stood up slowly so he wouldn't cause any more injuries to himself. Diana grabbed a hold of his hand. He smiled slightly at her before walking back. Genkai suggested they go to his house.

 

"You, kitsune, have a lot of explaining to do." She said.

 

Kurama said nothing until they reached his house. He let her in and prepared some tea while Genkai was keeping Diana company. He never meant to keep anything from everyone but it was necessary. Didn't want them to think of him as a liability. He was a demon, well half-demon now. He should be able to handle this. He glanced minimally at the bruise on his arm through his torn sleeve. Yup, he could take care of this problem. Insert sarcasm. He sighed before returning to the living room and setting the tea down on the table. He handed one to Genkai. He only made two since Diana didn't like tea.

 

When he sat down Diana sat on his lap like a mother or father, lets not forget people that he is definitely 100% male, would to their child. Kurama sipped some tea to help him calm down. Spilling everything was just going to be so hard especially it would be bad to tell everything to Genkai because when she's bored she could tell everything. It was something he didn't want.

 

"Well kitsune, we don't have all day. The others would come looking for us. They wouldn't like it that you missed a meeting," Genkai spoke out. It was the truth. The others would overreact about everything. Kurama sighed. He had no other choice.

 

"Actually I don't know what happened. They just came out of nowhere and attacked. It was low level attacks I should've been able to take them out easily but I don't know what happened. It felt like my ki was trapped and somehow shrinking. I don't know what happened. I couldn't even summon my weapon fast enough." He explained. Genkai thought for a moment. It was odd but who would have a grudge against the kitsune and not kill him off? That was the odd part.

 

"What about her?" she asked pointing to Diana who was now sound asleep in his arms.

 

"She's my cousin. My aunt and uncle died in some accident and she came to live with us."

 

"Oh really? Or did you have her five years ago since you started fighting with Yuusuke and didn't bother to tell anyone?" a smirk was firmly on her face.

 

Kurama was staring at her in astonishment. He wondered how she would think of something like that? It was true. Diana was five years old and the gap between him and Yuusuke started around the same time. But that wasn't true because she just came last week and just developed the habit of calling him 'mommy', which he didn't mind but being constantly teased by his human mother was something he didn't like all that much. But it couldn't be helped since her parents died in an accident. The accident was unexplainable. It didn't seem demonic related otherwise Koenma would've called them in for a mission or something.

 

"Koenma came by giving a mission overview. I'm sure Hiei can give you the details. I better be going before they send a search party." Genkai said before saying her famous 'goodbyes' and showing herself out. Kurama sighed before standing up and carrying Diana to his room. As much as he preferred Diana to sleep by his mother the little girl refused and wanted to lie by him. He couldn't say no. He was not a pedophile. That was just wrong. He tucked her in his bed and he moved to sit on his chair. He needed to finish this homework. They were due tomorrow. Kurama sighed at his misfortune.

 

----------------------------

 

Hiei flitted from tree to tree. He moved abnormally fast so no one would see him. He stopped by the tree that connected to Kurama's window. He'd been worried about his friend for a while now. Genkai wasn't the only one to sense his diminishing ki. He sensed it too. Genkai told him what happened when she found Kurama. Instead of Kurama coming to the temple she told him to give the kitsune an overview. As much as he hated to do it Kuwabara wouldn't be able to explain very well and Yuusuke, they wouldn't get along for one second. He was the only one left. Botan would probably leave out important parts. He looked in the window and saw the Genkai was right. How this happened he didn't know but it was possible but the time span wasn't. Hiei thought back to their conversation.

 

Flashback-------------

 

It was after the briefing, Hiei was just minding his own business sitting up in the tree. He was rather surprised when Genkai sat under the tree he was in. That was new. Genkai never looked for him. It was highly suspicious.

 

"I know you're wondering why I even bother looking for you," she said first. Hiei stayed silent. It was in his nature.

 

"The kitsune needs a briefing of the mission. Don't get the wrong idea like I did when you see the little girl." Genkai finished before standing up and walking back inside the temple. Hiei then thought…

 

'Little girl?'

 

End Flashback------

 

Well now he knew what she was talking about. The little girl could've been a great deal of the kitsune's daughter, humanly anyway, but that would be impossible. He shrugged it off and opened the window. It was always kept unlock since the kitsune trusted him to come and go as pleased. The bed was unmade and Kurama was sleeping in his chair with his head on the desk. Hiei sighed. He often found Kurama like this when visiting for the past five years now. It was since the bickering with Yuusuke started. And he was just as curious as everybody else on how that started.

 

Hiei shrugged that thought off and went inside. He walked over to the kitsune and tapped him on the shoulders. Surprisingly he didn't make any movement. Hiei tried again and this time got an unsuspecting reaction. He felt himself being thrown back by a powerful wave of energy that was it. His back hit the wall and he slid to the floor. He looked in surprise at his friend who was just now standing there looking really upset. Now he understood, the kitsune was paranoid.

 

"I see you still have ways of catching people off guard," Hiei commented while standing up and dusting himself off.

 

"I'm so sorry Hiei, I didn't mean to…" Kurama began but was cut off.

 

"Shut up. I know. Get some sleep. You look like you could use it. I'll be back later to give you the briefing on what the new mission is." Hiei then left out the window. Kurama sighed softly before retiring back to his bed. He noticed that Diana was still asleep. He slipped in next to her and soon closed his eyes. He just vaguely remembered he had school today.

 

TBC----------------------

 

Kinshin: Well there's chappie two. Thanks for your reviews and visits! ^^

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!