Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Sleep Forever ❯ Part 4: Frightful Insight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let Me Sleep Forever

 

Part 4: Frightful Insight

 

Kurama groggily woke up. He stared at the clock. It read 8:00. He closed his eyes. He snapped them open again as he checked the date and rushed to get dressed. It was a Monday and he had to go to school. He cleaned himself up and made himself presentable. Rushing down that stairs and grabbed his bag. He ended up in the kitchen where he stopped himself.

 

There on the table was food. The people sitting were Diana and Yuusuke. They were having breakfast. Now Kurama was wondering to himself, what is Yuusuke doing in his house?

 

-Ahem-

 

He made a noise catching their attention.

 

"Mommy!" Diana jumped out of her seat to hug him. He hugged back.

 

"Why didn't you wake me up?" he asked her since he was already running late. He quickly grabbed a toast and began to eat it while getting ready or rather making sure everything's there.

 

"Yuu-kun told me not to." Kurama gave Yuusuke a skeptical look.

 

"Sorry. You curl like a kitten; I didn't have the heart."

 

"Nice one detective. Thanks to you I'm late."

 

Yuusuke walked up to him and took the book bag and threw it in the living room couch. He then went behind him and pushed, more like guided him to the table and sat him down. He gathered Kurama's prepared food and placed it in front of him.

 

"Stay and eat. I'm sure the school could survive without you for one day, though your fanclub might miss you," Yuusuke said while walking back to his previous seat and sat down. Diana chuckled from her seat.

 

"Yeah, mommy always has the fan…fan…" she got stuck.

 

"Fanclub?" Yuusuke supplied.

 

"Yeah, fanclub, mommy always has some of them come over but they never stay long and he always tells me to stay out o' sight. Though I don't like them…they're too annoying."

 

"Well it's been fun, babysitting that is. I'll see you around." Yuusuke had that grin on his face. Kurama didn't like it one bit. It would somehow involve him. Yuusuke reached the door. Before he could open it Kurama stopped him.

 

"What are you planning to do detective?" he asked.

 

"What makes you think that?" Yuusuke responded all knowingly knowing what Kurama was talking about.

 

"Don't play ignorant. You better not tell anyone of this."

 

"Why shouldn't I? Just think of it this way, your fanclub would be outta your hair forever." Kurama sighed. It was hopeless.

 

"What do I need to do to buy your silence?" he asked. Yuusuke's ears perked up to this.

 

"Excuse me? What was that you said?"

 

"I said what would buy your silence?"

 

Yuusuke thought about that for a second. It seemed very, very interesting. His face let out a grin, something Kurama didn't like as previously mentioned. Kurama tensed as Yuusuke swung an arm around his shoulders. He didn't know why but he was starting to become paranoid. An accident like this can make people think differently.

 

"Here's the deal. For now you don't respond to any insult I throw at you. I'll think about the rest later." Kurama was about to protest. It was a big major pride fall. He cannot stand for insults though he's very calm about them 'usually' this wasn't the case. But he sighed instead and gave in.

 

-----------------------

 

Hiei watched the interaction with mild surprise. Now that was unexpected. The fox had pride and this was showing how the fox is slowly becoming human. He had also noticed that the fox's energy had been depleting rapidly but to some extent. That he found very odd. It seemed to have started when the little girl was in his care. Something was very suspicious about that. He looked into some files. Although he usually wouldn't do this but Kurama is his best friend, though he would never admit to such a thing, and decided to break a few of his rules. There wasn't any trace of the little girl even being remotely the fox's cousin. In the human world she didn't even exist.

 

Even if the both of them were best friends he was sure the fox would deny any of his accusations. So he decided to keep it to himself before he could find more proof than just papers. He flitted through the trees and decided to investigate more on the little girl. He could tell that there was much more than just the kitsune's energy involved. It was probably more on a personal level.

 

-----------------------

 

Yuusuke sighed as he was assigned to watch the little 'brat', as he puts it, again. He noticed Kurama was taking advantage of this situation by catching up on some sleep he was sure the kitsune got enough of last night. But he decided to anyways since there was something he was doing. He'd rather baby-sit a hyperactive child than his drunken mother, even if they weren't family at all. He then wondered how Hiei was doing on the investigation.

 

They were dealing with more than just regular demons but demons from the 'future'! They probably know their weaknesses by now. God wasn't that a bummer? Right now he was actually in the mood to take on other 'bad demons' because he really needed to bent out his frustration on something. As much as he wished it were on the fox he couldn't do that since Kurama was already tired. That'd just be wrong.

 

He stopped thinking that thought. He couldn't believe that he didn't think of that in the first place. After all him and Kurama weren't even in good terms with each other. Yuusuke wasn't thinking straight this morning. He just needed a nice long nap.

 

-----------------------

 

Diana was sitting on Yuusuke's shoulders. She was pretty light compared to some others. But maybe it was because he was a demon lord and was much stronger than any other human. Besides Kurama couldn't even lift her up. She was like featherweight. But then it probably didn't seem that way.

 

They ended up in the park where Diana and her friend were scheduled to meet. Kurama and Yuusuke watched from their posts on the bench. They sat on the ends of the bench wanting to be far from the other. It was silent. Kurama had a forlorn look on his face. Not that he cared what was going through his mind but he just didn't want to think of anything at the moment. Yuusuke decided to break the silence.

 

"Look, nothing has changed between us," he said looking towards the redhead who was looking to the ground.

 

"Of course," Kurama responded monotony.

 

"Good. I just wanted to get the clear."

 

Kurama nervously clutched his pant leg. Then thought no more. After all things would never be the same again. It doesn't matter though. He could live without it. What's one more friend?

 

But he couldn't help it. His expression took a sullen look as memories were running though his head. Basically how all of this started. He shook his head a little. It was the past and maybe it was meant to be this way. This was how it's supposed to be. Suddenly he felt the overwhelming dizziness. It happened frequently. He was so tired that he slept for two days once. He leaned back against the bench so he wouldn't fall to the floor but Kurama never did it fast enough and lost consciousness, and began to ascend to the ground.

 

Yuusuke's hand immediately shot out latching onto Kurama's saving the kitsune from a harsh fall and injury. He tugged on the arm bringing back balance to the body. Kurama's unconscious form was leaning on his shoulder. He fixed the redhead in a stable, sitting position before walking over to the other mother. He asked to watch Diana while he took care of something. She nodded. Yuusuke walked back and picked up Kurama in his arms then began to walk back to the house. He noted that Kurama was very light. It was as if he was just paper that would fly right out of his arms any minute. He wondered if the kitsune was eating right. At the small brunch, he never did eat a lot.

 

A logical explanation would be probably just stress of being a single parent and taking care of school. But then it wouldn't seem very logical since there hasn't been that much demon hunting. There was just this one case that Koenma told them to not investigate thoroughly since it will appear right in front of them. Maybe it was just to not give Kurama that much stress. He entered the house after successfully unlocking it while carrying Kurama.

 

Yuusuke went up the stairs and placed Kurama in his room. Now he just had to go back and get Diana before the kitsune wakes up and begins to worry. He made his way to the park but didn't find anyone there. Nada, nothing. He looked around some more but still didn't find anyone. Now he was panicking. Maybe the woman took them to their place. He ran straight back to Kurama's house seeing if he could ask the address. But when he came in Kurama wasn't sleeping. He looked around and he wasn't in the house. He never did hear the shower running so that would be an impossible action. Or Kurama just went to Genkai's. So he decided to walk there and check. It's not like the kitsune couldn't take care of himself.

 

-----------------------

 

"Well, well, detective. That's too bad you won't find anyone you're looking for. I have them all right here for you."

 

TBC-----------------

 

Kinshin: Well I hope you people like this chapter. It seems I lose the people's interest as everything progresses. Anyways thanks for the visits and reviews!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!