Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love from The Heavens ❯ My True Identity ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*

Usagi woke up the next morning surprised that she was on a bed; it also didn't feel like the bed she usually sleeps on at home, it was much comfier. Opening her eyes she saw that she was in Kurama's room, in Kurama's bed, and wearing his pajamas. Blushing slightly that she was in his clothes and under his roof she got out of bed and walked into the living room to see Kurama asleep on the couch.

Walking up to him she felt something she never felt before but didn't know what it was. I don't believe that he gave up his bed for me… she thought nudging Kurama awake.

Kurama woke and saw Usagi smiling at him, and sat up, "Had a nice sleep sleeping beauty?" he asked smiling also. When he said Sleeping Beauty, he really did mean it, she was beautiful.

Usagi sat down besides Kurama and blushed again "Yeah, it was good…" she replied looking at the floor. Blushing even redder she said, "Well thanks for taking care of me…I guess I did need some help after all."

"Yes, everyone needs help even if they say they don't need it," Kurama scolded lightly, giving Usagi a playful push. Usagi pushed him back and gave him another smile. Pretty soon the two of them was trying to push one another off the couch.

Several minutes later there was a knock on the door. "Ooh… who could it be at this hour?" groaned Kurama getting off the floor (Usagi successfully got Kurama off the couch!) and walked towards the door. Opening it he saw the Yuusuke, Keiko, Kuwabara, Yukina and Hiei were standing there. "Yuusuke! What brings you here? It's so early!" exclaimed Kurama opening the door wider to let his guests through.

Yuusuke eyed Kurama like he was a bit crazy, "Early? It's nearly 12 `o' clock!"

Kurama looked at the clock and saw that Yuusuke was right and that both him and Usagi over slept, at least it there was two and a half weeks off from school, because of winter holidays.

"Well, at least tell me why you're here…"sighed Kurama after everyone was inside, he was having such a good time with Usagi until everyone came.

"We heard that Usagi was at your house so we decided to come and see her, we brought Yukina to may be take a look at her," replied Keiko, taking off her jacket.

Yukina walked into the living giving Usagi a thorough check and came back saying all Usagi needed was some rest, and that the fever came down dramatically.

"That's Good then!" exclaimed Kuwabara punching his fist into the air, as he followed Kurama into the living room, "Hey Kurama we were just wandering if the two of you want to want to go to the new park called Cherry Blossom it's a really nice park."

"That would be great!" exclaimed Usagi getting off the couch, "Don't you think so Kurama?" Looking into Usagi's sapphire eyes he knew he couldn't say no.

So everyone piled into Kuramas' fathers' car and drove to the Cherry Blossom Park.

The drive was okay, Kuwabara and Yuusuke were really hyper in the back with Keiko in the center of the two, Yukina and Usagi were talking quietly to each other in the middle of the minivan Yukina holding a HUGE picnic basket, Hiei sat on the passenger seat staring dolefully at the window.

"What's wrong Hiei?" asked Kurama trying to keep his eyes on the road. All he got in reply was "Hn…"

"Come on Hiei, ever since Usagi showed up you're quieter than usual…" pestered Kurama, he wanted to know why Hiei and Usagi never got along. Hiei looked at Kurama than back at the window. "You really want to know fox?" he asked keeping his attention to the window.

"Yes Hiei, I want to know what's wrong…" countered Kurama, now finally he would know what was going on between those two. Taking a deep breath Hiei began his story, "Usagi and I met in Makia a few years ago…"

Flashback/Hiei's story

"Who are you?"

"Why would you want to know?"

"Answer me!"

A hard throw from an unknown person sent Hiei hurling across the room. He was bound and blindfolded, so he didn't know who his captives were or where he is. Damn it! How did I get into this mess! He thought trying to get up. The male voice rang out again.

"Who are you?" Hiei strained his ears to see if there was anybody else, but there wasn't. So instead he tried to remember what happened. It took awhile but all he remembered was walking across this cave when he heard voices, and decided to stay snd listen. The next he knew some people grabbed him from behind gagged him, and fumed him so he fell unconcious. When he woke up he was in this room with his captive.

"Why should I tell you?" he snarled trying to get himself loose. Another blow across the chest left him tempoaraly stunned. "Filthy demon, you were spying on us weren't you? Trying to figure what we were up to? Huh?"

"Idon't even know who you are!" whispered Hiei in a hoarsed voice, the last kick was way to painful, for even him, "How can I spy on you?"

"That's enough Akito!" this time it was another voice more melodic like the sounds of tinkiling bells but very harsh. Once again Hiei strained to see if he can recognize the voice. "He wasn't spying on us he must've passed through the clearings that's all there is too it! Besides it's my turn to intorigate him!"

Hiei heard footsteps leaving but soon the voice of his captive rang out again "You're just lucky that father favors you Usagi, and that you are next in line for the throne of the Celestian palace, otherwise I wouldn't be so merciful, sis. Besides, I don't even know why you care care so much about those demons, good riddance I say. All they ever try to do is take over the Ningenkia world and soon our world!" The last thing Hiei heard of that man was the slamming of the door bahind him.

"Are you ok?" that was the voice of the person who saved him, soon the ropes which loked so fragile but truly wasn't can off and his blindfold followed the ropes. Hiei got up and saw that it was acutually a girl that saved him. A girl next in line for the throne of what? Was the first thing that came into his mind.

"Hn, I was going to get out by myself," was Hiei's reply looking around for his katana. He knew it was rude to say that to someone that just saved him but hell all he cares about was getting out.

" Well you could have at least say thank you!" said Usagi then she picked up the sword next to her, "Looking for this?"

Hiei turned around and saw Usagi hold his Katana in her hands, "Give it back, now, I don't even know who you are…" threatened Hiei in a low dangerous voice. He quickly ran to grab his katana but Usagi was way too quick.

"Gotta, be faster to catch me, or at least say thank you," teased Usagi dodging every move that Hiei made.

After minutes of trying to get his katana Hiei finally gave up, "Fine thank you!" Usagi threw back his sword and walked out of the room. "You know you don't have to be that rude you know…"

"Hn, speak for yourself…" with that Hiei sheath his katana, "So are you going to interrogate me?"

Usagi stopped short the answered "No, but you owe me right now, the ribbon is stronger than you think, and to get out just go straight then turn right at the first turn," then left.

Hiei sped out the door and out of the cavesOwe her? After letting her tease me like that? Ok, maybe I do owe her but what are the chances of seeing her again?

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Kurama laughed to himself as Hiei finished his story, obviously Hiei didn't want to tell me the story was because it was too embarrassing and that Usagi actually called Hiei rude and not get diced into little pieces. "You laugh one more time again fox or even tell anyone I don't care if I owe you for saving me I will kill you! "

Settling back into his seat Kurama was careful not to miss the park, looking into the rear view mirror he saw that Yukina got tired and fell asleep, Kuwabara and Yuusuke were arguing about how to barbeque the chicken and both Keiko and Usagi tried to keep them from biting each other's head off. "HOLD IT! KURAMA! You're supposed to turn here!"

Kurama made a quick turn which scared everyone out of their wits but they were more or less lucky enough to be alive rather than Kurama making the turn. After driving for eight or nine more blocks with everyone groaning or complaining, Kurama pulled up at a nice no… gorgeous park filled with flowers and roses mostly cherry blossoms. How can there be flowers in the middle of December? Thought Kurama, he didn't really care much, what he is really worried about was what to get for Usagi for Christmas, which was about two weeks away.

Before everyone was out Hiei stopped Kurama, "I know how you look at her fox, but be careful demons and Celestial beings have never gotten along with each other, it's better if you forget how you feel about her," and let go. Kurama was dazed at what Hiei said but with everything going on he became distacted.

"It's so beautiful! Oh Yuusuke thank you!" exclaimed Keiko as she got out of the car, when Yuusuke got out she quickly grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to Tear's Lake the crystal clear lake in the center of the park. Kuwabara took Yukina by the hand an led her to a small meadow fill with daisies and poppies, Hiei also followed Kuwabara making sure that he doesn't do anything stupid with his sister.

Usagi and Kurama were the only ones left standing by the car. Kurama looked at Usagi and took her hand, "You want to go some where quiet?" he asked. As he was driving he saw a stunning cherry tree filled with blossoms on a small hill where he was planning to take Usagi, he didn't care what Hiei said but still bothered him.

"That'll be great," whispered Usagi, with that Kurama led her to the secret spot. Upon reaching there Usagi gasped in delight, "Oh, wow…it's so beautiful," she whispered sitting down next to Kurama.

"So…do you like it?" was the next thing that came into his mind, as he stared at the cherry blossoms falling neatly into Usagis' hair.How do they arrange themselves like that to form a crown? He thought.

"I love it…" it was scarcely a whisper when Usagi said it. Kurama looked out, and saw the fields' own magic and beauty. Dragonflies and butterflies buzzing about from flower to flower, birds were flying about singing their last songs before flying off never too come back till spring. His mind snapped back to reality when he felt someone leaning on to his shoulder, looking to his right he saw Usagi leaning against him, "Thanks…"

For a while all Kurama could do was stare at her, then he got up his courage and said, "I love you…" biting his bottom lip he waited for the answer. It was more embarrassing than he thought for it too be. Usagi looked up directly into Kurama's emerald eyes. "Pardon?" she asked innocently but deep down she felt a mixture of emotions.Did he just say that he loves me? No, It's just a dream…How can he love me?

"I love you…" Kurama's whisper was barely audible, he was about to turn away but when he saw that Usagi wasn't angry with him but she was just confused. "I loved you the moment you walked into the classroom…I don't know why but I just do…"

It wasn't exactly the answer Usagi was expecting but still it was good enough for her. Kurama closed his eyes and leaned down giving his beloved a kiss, first passionately then deeply. When they finally broke the kiss Kurama lightly stroke Usagi's face that was now a pale red. "A fox in love with a rabbit… Pretty strange huh?"

Cuddling on his chest Usagi smiled, "Yeah, Aren't foxes supposed to chase rabbits?" Kurama didn't pay attention though his mind wandered off to what Hiei told him at the car.Why does it bother me so much? She said she loved me. Soon the answer came to him,She knows my name is Kurama but she never saw the real Kurama, all she saw was Shuuichi.

Straightening up he stroke Usai's hair absent-mindedly, "You wouldn't love me if you knew the real me," he said trying to keep his focus in a poppy. Usagi got up and looked at Kurama.

"What do you mean?" she asked, she didn't understand what was going on.His real self? What is he talking about? "I'll love you no matter what Kurama so please tell me…"

"Do you really want see?" questioned Kurama, he wanted to know once and for all what Usagi really think about him. Would she be like her own people and see him as nothing? Or is she different…She treats Hiei nice enough, but how would she really feel… When he saw Usagi nod her head, Kurama closed his eyes and felt his Youko side emerged. Instead of Shuuichi's crimson hair and emerald green eyes, Youko Kurama had a long silver mane, beautiful golden eyes, and a silver tail, not too mention a lot taller than Shuuchi.

As Usagi watched this transformation fear crept into her. She still loved him, yes, but she feared from Kurama's life. What the Celestial warriors would do if they knew about this, or worse what if her brother finds out…

Kurama looked at her as a full-fledged Youko sadly and in a quiet voice, "I'm sorry but this is who I am really… You can hate me all you want, but please tell me how you feel…"

The words were sincere and sad but Usagi didn't want to cause anymore trouble, "I'm sorry Kurama I just don't…" before she could finish the sentence she got up, "I'm just sorry, I don't want anymore trouble…" that was the last thing Kurama heard before she ran off.

Reverting back to Shuiichi, Kurama buried his face in his hands the tears flowing loosely. A fox and a rabbit, A demon in love with an angel, those were never meant to be… he thought, It was never meant to be…

To be continued in:

Part 3.

A love that will go a distance…

~%~%~%~%~%~%~%%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%

< div class="c45">

A Quick Summary:

Fearing for Kurama's life, Usagi returns to the Celestian Palace and decides to never come out again. Meanwhile back in ningenkai Kurama suffers an onset of depressions and only Usagi can save him. But Usagi's brother Arima suspects something going on between Usagi and Kurama, and he is planning to separate the two of them for good. (P.S Chapter 3 is going to take a while to upload because my comp is crashing on me and we're getting a new so please check for chapter 3 on…Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday… but other than that hope you enjoy!")