Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love from The Heavens ❯ A Love that Goes the Distance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^ *^~^*

"Just Shut Up Already ARIMA!" shouted Usagi throwing a fluffy, lacy, pink pillow at her older brother Arima. Dodging the pillow, Arima shouted back to his younger sister, his blue eyes blazing with both anger and relief.

"Well! You had all of us worried sick! Running off like that! Why won't you tell me about stuff like this!!" Looking at his sister he felt as if she'll never understand the responsibility of being the heir the Celestian Palace. It was the greatest honor that he declined so she could take over but instead she chose to run away any chance she gets.

Throwing another pillow at her brother she retorted back "So what Arima! Why are you trying to be so perfect all the time! Besides I told Koenma but unfortunately for me he sent his Rekai Team to protect me!" After her brother dodged the second pillow, she threw a third pillow at him, "Now leave me alone!"

Arima stalked out of the room angry,Something must've happened that made her this disagreeable she is normally open to me but today she's in such a bad mood that even threw pillows at me… Pausing in the hallway he heard a vase smashing on the floor, Take that back something did happen he thought And I am going to find out, beginning with Koenma, no one messes with my sister.

*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

"Didja find out what happened yet?" was the first question Kuwabara or Yuusuke asked Yukina every morning since the day at the park. When Usagi disappeared like that, Kurama had been eating and sleeping less, or none at all. Yuusuke had feared for his friends' health and Hiei told him to keep an update on Kuramas' health everyday since he was summoned to Mukuro's and couldn't be with Kurama.

"No…I'm sorry Yuusuke-chan I haven't yet, It seems that because of Usagi's disappearance effected him greatly," replied Yukina sadly closing the door behind her. "Have some tea if you like…"

Yuusuke sat down on a chair sipping his tea trying to understand the situation. Ok…calm down Urameshi…Let's think it through calmly. Ok, first of all Kurama gets depressed after Usagi disappeared and it is not likely that Usagi was kidnapped because Kurama was with her the whole time…maybe he did something that made her runaway…Maybe he…No I highly doubt it, I know they're in love but maybe he did…Usagi doesn't know Kurama is a demon so maybe he trust her enough to… No wonder!

Yuusuke dropped the cup of tea and ran to find Kuwabara, "Thanks for the tea Yukina but I got to go!" he shouted leaving Yukina a bit stunned.He must have thought of something she thought sipping her tea, I hope that it can help Kurama…

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Usagi sat at her windowsill looking out at the clear dark sky, looking down she sees the city of Tokyo through the clouds. It's so boring up here she thought spinning a rose absent-mindedly in her fingers, But at least Kurama's safe…

Her mind wandered back to the time when Arima found out that she had let Hiei go free. "How could you? How could you let him go like that!You know the rules of their people and ours! Demons know no mercy to both the ningens and us! The minute they see you they'll be more than happy to kill you!"

"But Why? The demon I set free didn't kill me! If he did I wouldn't be here YELLING at YOU! Besides have you ever even tried to talk to them?" she shouted back angry and frustrated at how childish the rules were.

"Not Yet! But Soon he'll kill you!" her brother would shout, slamming the door in her face before she could yell talk back.

"But Kurama's nice…" whispered Usagi looking at the red rose, it reminded her of Kurama, his leafy green eyes and crimson red hair. In her other hand was a white rose which reminded her of Youko Kurama, a long silver mane and tail silky soft to the touch. "I don't want to get him into trouble…that's all…"

Once again a wave of memory came this time it was when the council made rule number 7369, which was the rule that clearly statesWe the council herby agrees that a love between a demon and Celestial maiden or Warrior is unholy and the punishments are very severe. That time Usagi tried to find a loophole through that statement but couldn't.

"The Punishments are severe…" she whispered again.But what are the punishments? Death? Torture? What?But what if the heir to the heir throne is in love with a demon? What would happen? Walking over to her bed she laid down on it falling into an uneasy sleep.

0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o 0.o

Yuusuke was very out of breath when he finally found Kuwabara who was looking after his kittens (all 20 of them he adopted some more one by one…) "Oy! Kazama! I think I know what's wrong with Kurama! Kuwabara!!!"

Kuwabara looked up from his task apparently he didn't hear a word Yuusuke said, "Oh! Urameshi! I was wondering if I give Kurama one of my kittens maybe he'd feel better! Let's see I think that Akito is nice but maybe Chichi is better Oh! Oh! Maybe my newest one! Here's Rei!"

Yuusuke sighed and gently pushed the kittens aside "Kuwabara-I-think-I-know-what-happened-to-Ku-rama…" said Yuusuke slowly because maybe if he spoke too fast Kuwabara wouldn't catch it.

"WHAT!?! He told you? What did he say? Tell me Urameshi!" bellowed Kuwabara holding Yuusuke by the collar almost strangling his best friend. "Alright! Now we can go on to Christmas with a clear conscious!"

"Let-go-of-me-Ku-wa-ba-ra!" gasped Yuusuke between breaths. Kuwabara loosened the grip on his friend, "Thanks, Well for one thing I guessed, and my theory is that he told Usagi that he's a youko although I have no idea why…"

"HE WHAT!?!" hollered Kuwabara again and like the last time almost strangled his friend to death "Why would he tell a normal everyday beautiful girl that he's a demon? And I thought that he was smart!" Yuusuke's face was turning into a dangerous blue when Kuwabara noticed, "Oh…sorry Urameshi…"

When Yuusuke was able to talk again he edged a little further from Kuwabara just in case, "Kuwabara didn't you hear what Hiei said a couple of days ago? Usagi is not normal and she's not a demon neither so she's something else…

Hey! I know! Let's see Koenma! He'll know!"

@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@

"So…Arima, What brings you here?" asked Koenma in his teenage form, gesturing towards a comfy looking chair. "In the mean time do you want some snacks? OGRE! Get us some strawberry jelly riceballs please the ones with a strawberry inside?"

When Ogre was out of sight Arima fixed a stern look at Koenma "I'm here because of my sister…What happened to her?" demanded Arima "The last thing I heard from her was something at you sending your Rekai team to protect her?"

"Hmm…It's possible…but I haven't seen my team in about two days…so what are you doing for Christmas? It's just one and a half week away?" said Koenma trying to lead the conversation in a different direction.

"Don't change the subject!" hissed Arima "I want to know what happened to my little sister!" As he spoke Arima's voice got scarier and scarier.

Before Koenma could answer anything the door flew open with Botan, Yuusuke and Kuwabara "Koenma-sama! Koenma-sama! I am so sorry but Yuusuke and Kuwabara is here! They said it's an emergency!"

"Well I would normally say let them in but considering what happened I'll just say sit down…" said Koenma pointing at several other chairs, "Just make yourself at home and don't mind my cousin Arima he's just here to find out about his

Sister…"

Yuusuke and Kuwabara sat down and eyed Arima with great dislike. "Well? What's the emergency?" asked Koenma after a long period of silence.

"Oh, Yeah, Umm… it's about Usagi…" began Yuusuke but before he could say anything else Arima cuts him off.

"Usagi? My sister? You know her?" said Arima, "Tell me what happen?" Yuusuke and Kuwabara looked at Arima stupidly with their mouths hanging open.

"No way…You're Usagi's older brother and you're Koenma's cousin so that means that she is also Koenma's cousin…" said Yuusuke apparently shocked, "Well then tell us where is Usagi and what happened to her!"

"I should be the one to ask you that!" snapped Arima standing up, "She's at home safe! But I want to know what happened to her!"

"If I knew I wouldn't be asking you!" yelled Yuusuke standing up Kuwabara following him, "What happened to her!"

Arima narrowed his eyes and stalked out of the room, "I have other things to do besides waste time with you I'll find some way to know what happened to my sister…"

When Arima was out of the room Yuusuke and Kuwabara tried to follow but Koenma held them back, "I take you to Usagi my way is faster than following him…" with that Koenma led the two of them to a huge portal, "This is the way to get to the Celestian realm just think of who or what you want to meet and it will take you there, but be careful especially you Yuusuke the Celestial people detest Demons like how Demons hate Celestial beings."

The two boys bid Koenma farewell as they walked through the portal Take me to Usagi, Take me to Usagi they thought at the same time. All of a sudden they felt themselves in mid-air but only for a minute then they fell to the ground hard on their back. "Well? Where is Usagi?" groaned Kuwabara getting up rubbing all the sore spots.

"There I guess," replied Yuusuke pointing at the bed, "Come on let's go…" True enough Usagi was asleep on her bed, "Ummm…Usagi? Wake up!"

"Huh? Who's there?" asked Usagi still half asleep, "Five more minutes I want to sleep…" with that she pulled the covers closer to her and fell asleep again.

"Let me try Urameshi," said Kuwabara holding a pitcher of ice-cold water, using that he dumped the whole pitcher on top of Usagi, which woke her up immediately.

"Ok! I'm up!" she shouted leaping off her bed, "Oh! Yuusuke! Kuwabara! What are you guys doing here? No… Wait how did you get here?"

Yuusuke walked up and silenced her, "Kurama needs you Usagi, I don't know for sure what he did but he needs you now Usagi," he said looking at her with stern eyes, "come on…"

He was about to reach for her but she backed away, "It's better like this, I don't him to get into trouble. This is something you wouldn't understand…"

"Then tell us…" was the only reply Yuusuke gave her.

Taking a deep breath Usagi began, "There's this law in the Celestian Realm stating the if a demon fall in love with a Celestial being he or she would be severly punished, and I don't Kurama to be in trouble…"

"But he is in trouble, Usagi…He needs you right now…" said Yuusuke, "Come on, while you still can…before it's too late…"

Usagi stood motionless for awhile, and finally replied "Ok…I'll go It seems like I owe Kurama an explanation also…" with that she walked between Yuusuke and Kuwabara "If you know how to get here you must know how to get out."

Yuusuke and Kuwabara nodded and willed their way out and Usagi did the same thing Take me to Kurama, Take me to the one I love the most… Usagi felt herself spinning and landed with a soft thud on the floor of Genkai's temple. Kurama? Where are you? Looking around she saw Kurama sitting at the corner of the bed. Walking closer she saw that he had been crying recently, "Ku…Kurama?"

Usagi's voice startled him but he didn't show it he just looked away from her, "Go away, Why did you even bother to come back… How can you a celestial princess love a demon?" Usagi felt the sadness in his voice and walked closer.

"I'm sorry Kurama, but the truth is that… I love you, and I just don't want to cause anymore trouble for you but it looks like I cause more trouble than it's worth…I'm…sorry…" she said looking down at the ground.

Kurama didn't even look at her and that made Usagi feel angry at herself for running away giving Kurama the wrong idea, "I'm sorry Kurama I mean it! I love you! But we can't love each other I should have explained it to you instead of running away!" there was another moment of silence and Usagi felt the tears fall from her eyes, "Say something!"

"You're just saying that Usagi…You don't mean anything you said, You love Shuichii the mask not Kurama to real person…" said Kurama stilling not looking at Usagi, "You don't love me…so leave me alone…"

Usagi felt angrier that Kurama didn't understand what she was trying to say to him, she tried to stop the tears from flowing but they just won't stop. Walking up to Kurama Usagi placed a hand on his shoulder but he shook it off, "Just leave me alone already!"

Another wave of anger swept through Usagi again but this time she didn't run, turning Kurama around to look at her, she fell down pressing her lips to Kurama's when she finally broke it she looked at him and said, "You're right I am a coward, I don't deserve your I love, so this is the final Goodbye if you want it that bad…" with that she got up and turned to leave, but before she could move Kurama grabbed her hand.

"Usagi… I see you did mean it… I'm sorry too, I was so stubborn to listen to you, I just didn't understand what happened, I'm sorry…" he said looking deep into Usagi's sapphire blue eyes, "I love you…" he pulled her into another kiss pushing her on to the bed with him on top of her. "Usagi…"

Looking at Kurama Usagi saw that Kurama transformed into his youko form or his youko form just can out on it's own, the two of them stayed in a tight embrace for awhile until Usagi said, "I'll give you everything for you to know how much I love you Kurama, my heart, my body, my soul…everything…"

"Everything hmmm?" said Kurama thoughtfully stroking Usagi's hair, "Well let's see if you can keep your promise," and slowly began to take off her shirt.

"What in the four worlds are you doing!?!" shouted Usagi trying to pull her shirt down.

Kurama looked at her innocently "Well looks like you can't keep a promise after all, You did sat everything so I thought I'll put it too the test" After that Usagi gave no objections but allowed Kurama to continue and make love with her… "Now let's just begin…" (I hate going into details…)

~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#

"There they are!" Usagi stirred in her sleep and woke up seeing her brother and a group of soldiers behind him their swords out. Looking to her right she saw Youko Kurama beside her his whip at hand his other arm around her protectively. The two of them were naked from last night's event but unusually Kurama was already dressed. "A demon raping my little sister eh?"

"Get out," snarled Kurama his golden eyes blazing with anger and his tail swishing back and forth angrily, "I did not rape her…I don't even know who you are…"

Arima walked casually over to Usagi and touched her shoulder, "We'll let her decide, Usagi? Tell us the truth…"

Usagi narrowed her eyes at her brother and answered, "I wanted him to do it he didn't rape me, I love him…" Usagi felt Kurama's stare at the back of her neck and she moved closer to her belove, "I love him…"

Her brother's eyes looked at her for a moment then laughed, "Apperently he placed a spell on you making you say that Usagi. Arrest him!" At that command all the guards sprang into action trying to get a hold of Kurama.

"Stop it!" shouted Usagi when one of them fired a dart filled with tranquilizer at Kurama's neck, but she was powerless, she couldn't fight her brother and they were out numbered. When the tranquilizer hit Kurama his hair shortened and turned red and his eyes emerald turning him into Shuuichi again, but that didn't stop the famous Makai thief. Kurama jumped a window but not before saying, "I'll be back Usagi," and disappeared.

"We almost had him!" shouted Arima angry turning to his sister he said to a calm relaxing voice, "There, there little sis, it's ok…"

Pushing Arima away Usagi had enough, "Get away from me!" crying she tried to run away but the guards held her still.

"I know you're angry but you'll forget about Kurama," whispered Arima taking a small vial from his pocket forcing his sister to drink it, "Tomorrow when you wake up you won't even know who Kurama is…"

Usagi's eyes became hazy and dizzy she slumped into her brother's arms as the drug took over her the last words she said were, "I love you…Kurama…"

%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^& %&%&%^%^&%&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&

To be continued in part 4:

Forgotten love

A Quick summary: Kurama flees to Yomis' castle to nurse himself until he's better and has a surprise visitor…Hiei! Hiei confesses that the story he told Kurama wasn't true and why he really hates Usagi and Arima and tells Kurama what really happened and through Mukuro and Yomi Kurama learns what really happened between the Celestial world and Makai. Back at the Celestian Palace Usagi completely forgets who Kurama is, as her brother feeds her lies about what really happened and what would happen when Kurama returns for her…