Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mom Meets Yu Yu Hakusho ❯ Dishes and Mysterious Phone Calls Just Don't Mix ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lady Vaoh: Howdy Readers it's nice to know that you are coming back for more.
Yumi: not really not a lot of people are coming to read your stories.
Lady Vaoh: it doesn't matter I got at least one review that wasn't from my family and I don't care because someone likes it.
Yumi: wow way to persevere.
Lady Vaoh: thanks because if I didn't I'd be pretty upset. Anyway thank you to my two reviewers, you make me so happy and I hope you keep reviewing. Okay I will now have my little sister do the disclaimer.
Leanna: why do I have to do it?
Lady Vaoh: because I don't want to and I'm sure that Lauren would love to know who REALLY broke her mini wineglass candles that I bought her.
Leanna: I hate you.
Lady Vaoh: that just means I'm a good sister. Now do the disclaimer.
Leanna: Venomous_Angel_of_Hades AKA Lady Vaoh does not own Yu Yu Hakusho though she does own a few items of it's merchandise, nor does she own the idea for this story it rightfully belongs to …
Lady Vaoh: still don't know. Anyway on with the story. HAPPY READING!!!!!
 
 
~Chapter One~
Dishes and Mysterious Phone Calls Just Don't Mix
 
 
“Angel. Mommy said do the dishes,” Leanna said after she hung up the phone.
“So, she always tells Angel to do the dishes but she never does it,” Lauren commented from her place in the corner at the computer.
“It's nice to know that someone understands my reasoning,” Angel replied from across the room on the couch where she sat flipping through her Anime Insider magazine.
“What reasoning,” Lauren asked confusedly as she clicked the AOL icon on the screen.
“Exactly.” Angel retorted lazily still flipping through the magazine.
“You're a dork,” Lauren said while typing in their AOL password.
“And you're a slore, so I fail to see your point,” she replied.
“Will you at least start to do them,” Leanna pleaded, “I really don't want to here her screaming when she gets in the house.”
“Will you leave me alone,” Angel asked finally looking up from the magazine to place her bored gaze on her sister.
“Will you do the dishes?”
“Only if you'll leave me alone.”
“Fine I'll leave you alone.”
At this promise Lauren looked up from her typing and put an incredulous stare on her youngest sister not really believing her.
“I think Hell just froze over,” said Angel in mock astonishment.
She then rose from the couch walked around the edge as well as the staircase and into the kitchen.
“Sure I'll leave you alone at least until you finish the dishes.” Leanna whispered under her breath.
She then plopped down on the couch and took up Angel's magazine unaware of her older sister shaking her head in a defeated way.
All was well for a while as the only sound you could hear was the sloshing of Angel doing the dishes and the Trapt CD she put on to occupy her time. The seldom snickers and/or laughs of Lauren reading whatever story she picked out (most undoubtedly yaoi), and the idle flipping of one of Lauren's Shonen Jumps by Leanna who had long ago finished the Anime Insider an hour and a half ago. It was at this time that the three sisters began to get worried. All three had long since been making excuses about why their mother could be a few minutes late, however two hours late stirred fear in the pits of their stomachs.
Angel turned off the water's flow with a soapy hand dried the slippery appendages on her hips and walked across the kitchen out of the arched doorway and came to lean on the iron banister that ran along the stairs. With a wary eye she looked over the living room that was now in front of her and wondered slightly if she was the only one to take notice of her mother's absence and the food she was suppose to bring with her.
Lauren having heard the creaking of the carpeted floor signaling Angel's entry, but not hearing anything come along with it, looked up from her place at the computer and placed her gaze on the slightly damp teen.
“Did you finish the dishes already,” asked the eldest teen as she turned in her seat to a more comfortable position.
“HA. I doubt it,” came the murmured yet scornful voice of Leanna.
She lowered the manga from in front of her face and barely managed to dodge a marker that was thrown at her head. She yelled in indignation and looked to her older sister for support. However Lauren just gave them both a glare that promptly told Angel to stop and Leanna to shut up before she could complain.
“Anyway,” Angel started, throwing Leanna a glare, “did anyone notice that it's been two hours since our mother called to tell us she would be home?”
“Yeah that's odd,” Lauren stated thoughtfully.
“Do you think something happened to her?” Leanna asked concern in her voice.
Worry flashed across Lauren's face and she turned quickly back to the computer and cut the Internet off so that the phone line would be available should anyone want to call.
Sure enough as if on cue the phone rang and all three sisters stiffened at the sound and just who might be on the other end. They looked at each other with expectant glances neither one of them wanted to pick up the phone that was now on the third ring and would soon stop if someone didn't pick it up.
Angel being the most impatient of the three gave a frustrated sigh at her two sisters and threw a glare at seeing Lauren and Leanna's triumphant smiles.
With steady fingers she reached for the phone as she had done many times before yet not knowing that this particular phone call would change her life forever. She picked up the phone and put the cold smooth plastic to her ear so she could hear the other's voice.
“Hello, Brown residence. May I help you?” she asked trying to keep her voice steady.
She wanted more than anything to hear her Mother's voice say one of her usual smart ass replies when she answered the phone this way. “I know this is the Brown residence you ass I live there,” or, “What are you a secretary, no one wants you to take their messages.” However that wasn't what she heard.
“Your mother's in the hospital,” said a male voice.
Angel could not decipher what age the male was or why he sounded slightly familiar for she was too busy beginning to get scared.
“What,” she yelled into the phone causing her sisters' faces to fill with worry.
“She's been checked into Kaiser Permanente,” said the voice indifferently.
“What!? How is she!? Is she okay?” Angel asked frantically clutching the phone so tight that her knuckles turned a pale color.
“What!? What's happening, is mommy all right?” Leanna asked quickly as she suddenly rose from her place on the couch and came to stand at Angel`s side.
“What happened,” asked Lauren as she too rose from her place and was also at Angel's side in a heartbeat.
“She got into a car accident but she's fine,” said the voice.
“Wait,” started Angel suspiciously, something about this mysterious guy calling with info on their mother rubbed her the wrong way, “ who is this, how do you know what happened to my mother?”
“Listen onna that's none of your business,” the voice stated irritated.
“Who is this? How did you get this number,” Angel said fiercely yet quietly so her sisters would not hear. She didn't want to worry them if they didn't need to be.
She was becoming worried herself and started to get slightly uneasy about why this person had yet to say who he was and how exactly he knew what had happened to their mother.
The guy on the other end gave a sigh of frustration and muttered something under his breath something Angel would ponder later.
“Goodbye.” The voice said just as indifferently as before.
“Wait who are you, how do you know about-,” she was cut off there as the guy on the other end had hung up on her.
She cursed violently under her breath as she set the phone back on to its cradle. She reluctantly looked up from the phone that she had been staring at so intently and put her gaze on her sisters who looked like they could start balling any second.
“Is mommy okay?” Asked Leanna again.
“Angel,” Lauren began cautiously, “what happened?”
Angel swallowed deeply trying to prepare herself for what she had to say.
“That was,” she paused.
She didn't know who it was and something told her she didn't need to know but was going to find out anyway.
What did she tell her sisters, that some strange guy just decided to call and tell them of their mother's well being.
“They'd probably think it just as strange as I did and then freak even more.” She sighed and just decided to push it all to the back of her mind and wait until later to think on it, for now she'd just make stuff up.
“That was a police officer calling to tell us that mommy's in the hospital.”
“What? What happened?” Leanna shrieked and her face held the image of fear.
“Calm down he said she was in a car accident and that she was fine,” Angel said in a reassuring tone.
“Well, where is she now,” asked Lauren.
“He said that she was checked into Kaiser. We should probably go there,” Angel suggested.
“How do we get there,” Leanna asked she had calmed down slightly.
Angel sighed. “We wouldn't have this problem if someone ever learned how to drive.”
She shot a glare Lauren's way that was only returned with one of Lauren's own.
“That's not my fault no one would ever take me to the DMV,” Lauren said in a matter of fact tone.
“Worst time to argue,” Leanna spoke up, seeing Angel about to reply to what Lauren had said. “How about we just call Angela she can give us a ride,” Leanna reasoned.
“Fine,” Angel spat out.
She turned on her heel and stomped out of the living room down the short hall and to her room closing the door with more force than needed.
Leanna sighed, “she is such a drama queen.”
Lauren on the other hand picked up the phone and started to dial her older sister's number.
 
Lady Vaoh: how was this? I hoped you liked it and pretty please review I need the encouragement. Now worthless sister wash my clothes and get me some hot chocolate.
Leanna: I really really hate you.
Lady Vaoh: Muwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
 
 
Review Responses:
 
kinue hanyou: thank you so much for your review, you made me so happy. Was the story you read on ff.net or mm.org because the writer who let me borrow her plot was on ff.net. I really want to give the rights to this idea to the right person can you tell me some things that happened in this story I'd really appreciate it. Please review again.
 
Sango16: thanks for your review sis I appreciate the family support. Thank you I'm trying to get the family members right. Furthermore, who are you calling a lazy bum? You are a bum loser and will forever be one. I know for a fact that you sit around the house all day and barely write on your stories so if anyone's a lazy bum it's you. Wow I'm really surprised you knew how to use the word metaphorically in a sentence let alone spell it correctly. I hope you review again. ^.^ *cheesy smile*
<>