Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mom Meets Yu Yu Hakusho ❯ A Car Accident!?!?!? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
it’s been so long but I want to let you all know that I’ll update more often now that I have some time and a new system.lol. had originally set this to be in the beginning of the year but I changed my mind a while back and am placing this in January a week or two after New Years.
So please enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own the characters you recognize nor the basic plot for this story it was borrowed from a fellow author.


Chapter 2
A Car Accident?!?!


Angela Dobbins forced a breath through her nose as she tried to calm down. The oldest of her younger sisters had just called to inform her of their mother’s condition.
~A car accident? A car accident? Who in the hell would have the nerve to knock my mother off of the road?~
Carefully she placed both of her sleeping children into the car buckling them in with expert ease. Her husband had yet to come home so she had to take her son and daughter with her.
She closed the door moved, to the driver’s side slipped behind the wheel careful not to lose her footing on the ice in her old tennis shoes, put the car into drive and slipped on to the busy street.
Angela had tried to warm the car up before getting in but it helped little as the cold bit at her exposed skin on the January night.
She was panicking she knew but she couldn’t help it. This wasn’t the first time her mother had ended up in the hospital in the middle of the night. Angela had still been a teenager when one of her mother’s coworkers had called to tell them that their mother had had a stroke while working late and had fallen unconscious but had been rushed to the hospital. It had been her not Lauren then that had had to deal with and take care of frantic little sisters. It had been frightening to realize that people died of strokes or were left brain dead and incapable almost everyday. To say she had been frightened was an understatement. It had been her making the phone calls, telling the family, and preparing the house for company.
Now she was barely capable of imagining what could have possibly happened to her mother in a car accident. Still, unwanted visions flashed in her mind of the green 1993 Ford Explorer wrapped around a pole skidding on sleek ice. Bent metal and shattered glass. It was horrible.
She tried to calm herself down, she couldn’t show up frantic and unstable in front of her sisters. Although they were not that much younger than herself she still had to keep face.
Lauren, the oldest of the three, was steady and calm reasonable most of the time but every once and a while she’d fall to a bout of serious silliness. She was dependable.
Leanna, the youngest, wasn’t that reliable and was pigheaded although funny and always willing to help baby sit, for a fee, ask her to do one thing she didn’t want to and all hell would break loose.
Angel, the middle child was a demon spawned from hell fire. Angel and herself never got along and had taken to long verbal pissing matches whenever stuck in each other’s company a little too long. She kept to herself and was never around for more than a few minutes or so when Angela came to visit with her children, she constantly had a hard stony look on her face that seemed as though she would gut you and then laugh about it, and a witty biting remark waiting on the edge of her tongue, to be used when she saw fit. Angel was all those things and more but she was dependable when made to be depended on and she was protective of her family.
Angela wasn’t sure how they would handle their mother’s situation and she found that somehow she knew that they would be okay no matter what the outcome.
As she pulled into the driveway of her mother’s house she finally calmed down.
End Chapter