Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Dragons ❯ The Night Before the Mission ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay! Time for chapter 3. I would enjoy opinions. I guess this story ain't very good cause I haven't had any more reviews. Please tell me what yall think okay? Hope you enjoy this chapter. It's not very good anyway. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
 
 
 
-The Night After the Meeting-
 
Kurama sat in his room pondering the mission he had to go on. Yes, he had been the one to kidnap Syo, but he had to do it. He couldn't bear to leave her in that condition. Many thoughts and questions ran through his mind. Where was she now? How is doing? Is she safe? Is she still alive? Maybe she ran away when he left. Maybe she was lying somewhere in a ditch, injured and unable to get help. An image of the golden dragon lying helpless in the rain intruded into his thoughts. He quickly tried to push it out of his mind. No. It wasn't right to believe that kind of thing. He had to act as if he'd never seen her or heard of her. It was the only way to keep her safe. She was fine. There was plenty of treasure in the den. And besides, she was a dragon. The kitsune turned human relaxed on his bed and tried to sleep. `There is nothing to worry about. Everything will be just fine.'
 
“You're thoughts are troubled, kitsune.” A familiar voice said from the shadows under the window.
 
`Start worrying.' Kurama sat up and turned on a lamp next to his bed. Hiei sat holding his katana watching him. “Hello Hiei. I didn't hear you come in. As usual.” The fire demon nodded.
 
“As usual, fox. I can sense that you are troubled and your mind is full. Are you worried for the she-dragon's safety perhaps?”
 
“Perhaps.” Kurama could not bring himself to look into Hiei's staring eyes.
 
“You knew her. Didn't you?” He nodded.
 
“Yes. She lived in my den. But I no longer know where she is. She could have moved miles from there by now.”
 
“True.” Hiei stood up and moved to sit in front of Kurama on the bed. “Then again, maybe not.” Kurama still would not meet Hiei's eyes. “You will have to lead her out, Kurama. Even though none of us like the idea of giving her to those beasts, you will have to.”
 
“I know. But fifteen years is a long time. I am very different. She will be too. And if she finds out what we are to do, she will fight back. Syo hates her old home and will not leave her new one without a fight.”
 
“And it is your job to convince her otherwise. Be ready, kitsune. You are about to go on the hardest mission you will ever face.” The human nodded.
 
“I am ready. But I will not be the one to send her back. I will not try to stop it either.”
 
“Good. Rest Kurama. You'll need it.” He looked up in surprise at Hiei's caring comment, but the fire demon was nowhere to be seen. All that was left was a light breeze floating in from the open window.
 
 
That morning Kurama awakened to the sound of is mother knocking on the door. “Suiichi? It's time to get up dear. You're going to be late if you sleep any longer.” His mother poked her head and smiled. “Good morning sleepy head.” He smiled back.
 
“Good morning, mother. Is it time for school already?” His mother looked confused.
 
“School? I thought you were going on that trip. You know, the one to America?” Kurama tried to look surprised.
 
“Oh! You're right. I almost forgot about that.” He got up and began to pull some things into his backpack.
 
“Suiichi, did you sleep in your clothes again?” He looked down and blushed slightly.
 
“I guess so.”
 
“Well hurry up and change. You are not wearing those to the airport. Oh, and your friends are here to pick you up.” She said as she left the room and shut the door.
 
“Okay mother!” He changed quickly, making sure to pack his Interworld Phone that he had designed to make his mother think he actually was where he said he was going. Then, he walked downstairs to see Yusuke and Kuwabara sitting at the kitchen table, both holding a mug of hot coco.
 
“Morning, Suiichi.” Yusuke said after taking a drink.
 
“Good morning Yusuke. Is everything ready?”
 
“Yup. The plane is booked and everything is packed. Isn't that right Kuwabara?” He nodded.
 
“Yeah. My sister bugged me a ton on the way out. She said I didn't pack enough underwear.” Kurama's mother came in carrying another mug.
 
“Which reminds me, Suiichi,” She said, handing him the coco. “Did you pack enough underwear?” This made him flush bright red.
 
“Yes mother. I did.”
 
“Good. Now hurry up you three. Don't be late.”
 
“Yes ma'am.” They said as they quickly drank the coco. When all was said and done and goodbyes were exchanged, they left in the direction of the airport.
 
“Don't forget to call when you get there Suiichi!” Kurama's mother shouted down the street.
 
“Yes ma'am!” Yusuke snickered as they got out of earshot. “What's so funny Yusuke?”
 
“The most powerful demon thief in the world and he's blushing because his mother asked about his underwear.” Again, a blush crept across Kurama's face.
 
“Well it is a little embarrassing.” Yusuke just continued to laugh to himself. Kuwabara patted Kurama on the shoulder.
 
“Don't worry. I know how you feel. My sister is always doing the same thing.” Hiei appeared at the end of the block waiting for them.
 
“Are you ready to leave yet?” They all nodded and turned down an empty alley way. A communicator in Yusuke's pocket went off and he turned it on. Koenma's face appeared.
 
“The portal is ready whenever you are.”
 
“Thanks baby face. Let's go guys.” And so they stepped through to their next great adventure. None of them knowing what kind of dangers were waiting or what kind of people they would meet. But this was a normal day for the Spirit Detectives. All were confidante save for Kurama. Could he do this and forfeit the life of the only one who had loved him in his thief days? He would just have to find out.