Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Dragons ❯ Captured! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And finally, after much toiling and hard work, (and having been distracted by a most wonderful movie. I wonder if anyone else noticed that all of the characters in Advent Children use Motarolas?), chapter six is finally done! Yay for me! And I must also give a great big thanks to my best friend who helped me with the last little bit of this chapter. THANK YOU SIRITHGLINIEL! Kudos to you and a kiss from the great Kadaj! MUWAHAHAHAHA! Hope you like it. I can sedate him if you like. In fact, I'm willing to sedate any Bishi for anyone (unless I have laid previous claim to them). I have the power. *grins evilly while holding up a hypodermic needle* Welcome to my clinic. Who's next in line?
Oh, and the song in here is Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Copywrite to Touchstone Pictures. I do not own it.
I also do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
Please enjoy and review. Thanks much and kudos to my readers!
 
-In Koenma's Office-
While the detectives rested, Koenma worked. Forms kept pouring in and it was all he could do to keep up. Suddenly, the large communicator screen behind him turned on and an enraged Kenjinashen appeared. “Koenma! I need to talk to you! Right now!” Jr. spun around in shock almost falling out of his chair.
 
“K-Kenji! I wasn't expecting to hear from y—”
 
“Cut it, Jr. I want information, now!” The ruler of Spirit World was afraid. He knew of Kenji's rage. Once he started, no one could stop him. Not even his older brother.
 
“Wh-what kind of information do you need?” The dragon clutched a whip tightly in his hands. Koenma could see blood dripping from his claws.
 
“Where is Yoko Kurama?”
 
“Yoko Kurama is dead. He's been dead for almost sixteen years.”
 
The dragon hissed dangerously.
 
“No. He's alive. And she is at his den. Where is he!” Koenma wasn't sure what to say. What would this insane beast do once he found them?
 
“Well, Kurama is nowhere near his old den. And no one but thieves knows where the hideout is.”
 
“Find them!” Kenji roared. “He's hiding her from me! I WANT HER BACK! NOW!” Another roar of rage escaped him as Ori tackled him from behind to try and subdue his brother. Koenma watched in shock as the two fought. Soon, Kenji was calmed enough to sit, but he seethed inside.
 
Ori came to the com rubbing a twisted shoulder. He looked tired, almost worn out.
 
“I am sorry, Koenma. I could not control him any longer. His rage has grown too strong. This time it won't cool down until Syo returns. What was he asking for?”
 
The leader of Spirit World took a deep breath and sighed with relief.
 
“He wanted to know where Yoko Kurama was. Also, the location of his den.” Ori shook his head in disgust.
 
“He plans to go to the demon half and find Syo.”
 
“But he can't get past the barrier.”
 
“I know. But I'm worried he might find a way to break through. And if he does…all the balance we've worked hard to create will be destroyed.” For the first time, Koenma saw the true side of Orinakilanka. He was weary and tired, the many fights with his brother were beginning to wear down on him.
 
`How much longer can he hold out?' Koenma thought to himself.
 
“Are your Detectives any closer to finding Syo?”
 
“I'm not sure.” Jr. said as he rifled through some papers. “The last I heard from them, they were resting at a cottage somewhere in the old thief territory. Yusuke also believes that they have a lead.”
 
The Great Dragon sighed in relief.
 
“Good. The sooner she comes, the better.”
 
Koenma nodded in understanding.
 
“I will keep you updated, Ori.”
 
“Arigato, Koenma. I'm sorry to let Kenji bother you. Next time, I will have better control.”
 
“Of course.” The green dragon turned off his com and Koenma relaxed back into his chair. This was getting dangerous. If that Queen wasn't found soon, it would be all out war between the brothers. Was there any end to this madness?
 
Quickly, Jr. called Yusuke who was currently napping on a soft, giant cushion next to a warm fire. He answered reluctantly.
 
“Yeah, what?”
 
“Yusuke, have you found that dragon yet?”
 
“No. We just got settled. Can't we have at least one night's rest in a warm house with a decent meal? Huh?”
 
Koenma sighed.
 
“I'm sorry Yusuke, but the situation is getting very dangerous. Kenji is insane with rage and will not be pacified until she returns.”
 
“Look, we're doing the best we can. If we get a lucky break, we'll find her tomorrow. But right now, I would like enjoy a little rest and relaxation. We have been trekking for three days without a break and it is about time we had one.”
 
Koenma looked defeated.
 
“All right Yusuke. Rest up then. Please report back the minute you've found her.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.” The detective said with a wave of his hand. “The minute we see something we'll tell you.”
 
“Thank you. Our lives depend on you finding her.”
 
Yusuke merely yawned and pressed the `off' button. After he was done talking, he laid back on the soft cushion to doze off.
 
 
There was one person who could not sleep that night. Kurama sat up watching everyone else fall into a deep slumber while waiting for the strange woman to come back. When the fire had burned down and even Hiei was resting, he quietly snuck outside. He stood under the demonic moon with many different thoughts running haywire through his skull.
 
So many memories plagued him. How could he continue this charade? How would all of this end?
 
As he sat in his musings, a soft sound reached his ears. A quiet song that he had never heard before, but somehow knew better than anything. The voice was beautiful and familiar.
 
I sense there's something in the wind,
That feels like tragedy's at hand.
 
And though I'd like to stand by him,
Can't shake this feeling that I have.
 
The worst is just around the bend,
And does he notice,
My feelings for him?
 
And will he see,
How much he means to me?
 
I think it's not to be.
 
What will become of my dear friend?
 
Where will his actions lead us then?
 
Although I'd like to join the crowd,
In their enthusiastic cloud.
 
Try as I may it doesn't last.
 
And will we ever,
End up together?
 
No I think not.
 
It's never to become.
 
For I am not the one.
 
 
The cloaked woman appeared from behind a tree. She was walking very slowly, as if something were weighing her down. Something called to Kurama telling him to transform. But that would reveal too much and he had promised that he would not impede or help the capture of Syo.
 
And still it called to him, begging him to change so that Yoko might help the woman.
 
Suddenly, she stopped next to the very tree Kurama was behind. “You may come out now.”
 
This shocked the kitsune, but did as he was told.
 
“How did you know I was there?”
 
“Your breath rate, for one. And I could feel your heart beat. You were thinking about something very important, weren't you?”
 
He nodded slightly.
 
“Yes.”
 
“And what is it? Maybe I can help you.”
 
Kurama lowered his head.
 
“I almost wish you could, my lady. But I'm afraid not.” He stood for a moment with her in silence until he came up with a question to change the subject. “What was that song you were singing? It sounded almost sad.”
 
The woman lowered her head.
 
“Yes, it is very sad song. I sang it years ago when my love disappeared.”
 
This surprised Kurama.
 
“Disappeared? What happened?”
 
“He left on one of his…excursions and never came back. No one knows what happened except that he died and joined those of the netherworld.”
 
“That must have hurt.”
 
“It did.” She said as she turned her hooded face to the sky. “I warned him against going, but the goal he sought was far too tempting. I only wish that…he had listened on that day. I would give anything to have him come back to me. Even if it meant going back to the home I so despise, I would do it for him.”
 
The human soul within Kurama's new form ached for the woman. He knew who she was, but he could not tell her. He could not help to ease her pain.
 
“You must have loved this man very much.”
 
“I did. And I still do. But there is no sense living in the past. If he was not meant to know his son, then so be it.”
 
This set Kurama back a step or two.
 
“S-son?”
 
“Yes.” She answered as she plucked some fresh berries from a nearby bush. “My silly dragon-kit, Na-teo. He is the only thing that keeps me going.” The berries were crushed in her hand as she clenched her fist. “I don't know why the Great One had to take my love from me.
 
“I always did the best I could to take care of him and his friend. I warned him but still he went.”
 
`Why didn't I see it?' Kurama said to himself. `I thought she had found someone to help her. I thought his father was one of the other kitsunes in the den. But…this changes everything.'
 
He watched helplessly as the woman before him fell to her knees, her hands covering her tear-stained face. Carefully, he knelt next to her and took her hands away from her face. She looked up at him in surprise.
 
“What if I said he isn't dead? What if I told you I could bring him back to you right now?”
 
“You mean….” She hesitated, unsure of whether to believe him or not. “You could bring back Yoko Kurama?”
 
“Yes. But it comes with a price.”
 
“I will give anything…. Anything!” The woman said as she grabbed Kurama's hands. “I would even return to the Dragon Kingdom to have him with me again.”
 
He nodded.
 
“Good.” Kurama then stepped back and was engulfed by a white light. Seconds later, Yoko appeared in front of Syo. She stood slowly, removing her hood to reveal her shocked face.

“You…you were…inside…?”
 
The kitsune stepped up to his love and took her hands in his.
 
“Yes. I am inside the human boy.”
 
It took Syo a minute to internalize what was going on but within seconds, she had wrapped her arms around her lover's neck, crying into the soft fabric of his hakima. When she had calmed down, Yoko lifted her face to look at his and gently kissed her lips.
 
“I believe I owe you a dance or two.” He said with a slight smile.
 
“You owe me a lot more than that.” The gold dragon allowed Yoko to lead her in a slow waltz around the clearing, listening to the music in their heads. And for one moment, they were happy.
 
But it was not meant to last.
 
As the sun began to rise, Hiei began to awaken. The first thing he noticed was Kurama's empty bed. The second, was the feeling of Yoko the fox instead of Kurama the human. This alerted him to their chance.
 
He quietly went about waking Yusuke and Kuwabara without disturbing the snoring Na-teo. Once they were outside, he told them of his findings.
 
“I know where the dragon is.” Hiei said as he pulled out his sword.
 
“Where is she?” Yusuke was not happy about this. There was a dark look on Kuwabara face as well.
 
But Hiei led them towards the two lovers unabated.
 
“She is in a clearing up ahead. Yoko is with her. He promised he wouldn't stop us if we found her, but he wasn't going to help either.” Grim nods were the answers from both boys as they continued to walk to the clearing.

When they got close, they could hear laughter and splashing water. A peek through the bushes gave a happy picture. Yoko and Syo were now playing in a section of the stream running through the forest. The kitsune was dripping wet while the dragoness had hardly a drop on her. They were laughing merrily. With solemn face and a feeling that what he was about to do was of the utmost evil, Yusuke signaled for the rest of the group to take the woman.
 
The look in Syo's eyes as the spirit detectives grabbed a hold of her was soul wrenching. She glared at Yoko as he stood doing nothing to hinder her captors. “How could you!” she shouted.
 
“You said you would be willing to go if you could see me again and my heart longed for you so much. I promise I will come for you love.” Was Yoko's reply. She struggled more and the last thing she saw before Hiei rendered her unconscious was her mate's solemn face with determination set in every line of his brow.