Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Regret It Not ❯ chap 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Aren’t there things in our lives that we all regret? Yusuke regrets the life he has made for himself, Kurama regrets losing himself to the will of others, Hiei regrets leaving his old life unended, Kuwabara wonders if he should regret giving up his family for something better.     Yu Yu Hakusho: Saga #n/a Regret It Not

 

 

Ep isode 1

He Thought He Knew

 

Kuwabara woke suddenly in the night he was far too tired from the afternoon to

fully realize what he was hearing until he had checked three times that he’d heard it. The noise was a clatter of hard plastic on hard plastic. He quirked his head to the side trying to figure from which direction the noise was coming. He moved from beneath the comforter, trying not to wake the body next to him. His feet hit the soft carpet floor and he stood. In the hallway Kuwabara could feel a tingle roll over his body in small bursts. It was energy one he could not readily identify which probably meant that it wasn’t friendly.

Kuwabara peered into the two empty bedrooms and the bathroom as he crept along the hall but found nothing out of the ordinary besides the fact that the very same clothes he had told his lover not to leave in the bathroom had been left there anyway. He made a mental note to scold him later. He moved down the hall with caution and noticed that it became colder the further he moved towards the living room.

The clattering grew louder. He’d come to the end of the hall and stopped at the corner. From here he could see most of the kitchen and the left half of the living room where the door was placed and the couch sat. At this point he realized just what was making the sound, it was the long plastic blinds that covered the sliding door that lead out to the backyard. Obviously, someone had left the window open. Only, he could not recall neither him nor the man in his bed had done so.

Slowly he moved further around the corner and surveyed the dark living room. From the corner of his eye he could see the blinds swishing softly in the cold breeze of the night. So far there was nothing out of the ordinary except the dark mass that was twitching and writhing just in front of the sliding doors. Kuwabara wasn’t sure what surprised him more the fact that he’d been surprised or the fact that he hadn’t noticed it at first. He made a mental note to practice his spiritual awareness the next time he had time off.

He moved forward first along the wall trying to stay as far away from the mass as humanly possible. He reached forward with his energy to try and identify it as a demon or otherwise. Gently, his energy probed into the figure only to find it’s spirit mostly exposed and left without defense. The thing’s energy was almost nonexistent. Slowly, he moved towards it almost afraid that it would pop up at him without warning and snap his head off.

Kuwabara was all too right.

The mass surged forward as he stepped another foot toward it. Surprisingly, enough it was just a few seconds behind Hiei so the human was able to track its movements with ease. Quickly he brought his hands up and clapped them together trapping the blade of the sword that was thrust into his face between his broad hands. Then as the demon tried to break the sword free Kuwabara saw it’s eyes, they were a piercing gunmetal gray.

He forced the creature away from himself and crouched into an offensive stance.

“I don’t know what you’re doing here, but no one breaks into my house and lives to tell about it.”

For a moment the creature took in a lengthy breath and Kuwabara believed that would be his only reply but then it spoke.

“Maybe, human you should learn to lock your doors.”

Surprised Kuwabara backed out of his stance and took a long look at his opponent. A girl!? A girl had broken into his home?

She heaved another huge breath and Kuwabara could feel the sneer in her words.

“Why so surprised human? A second ago you were ready to fight me but now that you’ve figured out I am a woman you’ve retreated to the defensive. Not too wise.” She spat. The creature leapt at him and he took a step back ready to block and dodge every single one of her attacks. Only just as he was dodging the second attack a sword raised high defending him. The scene stopped, neither Kuwabara nor the woman had realized anyone else had entered the room. Kuwabara would not admit that he was just a little relieved. He looked down at the figure now standing between them and smiled.

“Hiei.”

“Baka ningen.”

Kuwabara bristled. “Is it my fault someone broke into the house?”

“Did you leave the door open again?”

Pause. The recollection floated back to his mind.

“Uh…”

“BAKA!”

“Well, Eikichi likes to roam at night. She has to be able to get back inside the house.”

The creature swung the sword once more but Hiei blocked it.

“And just look at what the cat dragged in.”

Kuwabara rolled his eyes as he side stepped an attack.

“You’ve got to stop watching TV. I told Yusuke it wasn’t good for you.”

“What I watch is none of your concern!”

“What did you say shorty?”

Dodge. Defend. Swing.

“You heard me. If you’d been concerned with the things you were supposed to maybe I wouldn’t be fighting a demon in the living room at 4 am!”

“Don’t turn this around on me! It’s not like you’ve never done anything to put our lives in danger!!”

Kuwabara ducked beneath the blade of the woman’s sword, the battle was taking a toll on her but she wouldn’t stop. Still, he was far more concerned with feeling himself become hot beneath the collar.

Hiei sneered at the human.

“Name one.”

“The coffee table.”

The fire demon seemed to stiffen at those words and ended up throwing the creature off of him using a little too much force. She landed somewhere near the door disappearing behind the left side of the couch. He turned to the carrot top and could see within his sapphire eyes that he already thought he’d won their current argument.

Hiei glared.

“I thought we’d agreed never to talk about that again.”

“You agreed.”

The shorter man rolled his shoulders as though he found Kuwabara to be an ache he could stretch away.

“That happened once.”

“And it cost me my Mother’s Feudal era table which had been modified to a kotatsu….”

“Kurama was able to repair it.”

The demon glared harder.

“And the picture frame that was carved by my Grandfather and given to me as a graduation present for my High school diploma.”

“You fixed that.”

“That is besides the point. Do you know how long it took me to find all of those pieces?”

“No, but this entire argument is besides the point.”

“You brought a fully grown rhino demon inside of my house to play with it.”

“No, I brought it in to spar in a domestic setting.”

“Like I said to play with it.”

“I was not playing with it!”

“Then what do you call tying its arms together behind its back?”

Hiei opened his mouth to reply but Kuwabara cut him off.

“And don’t say training. In what situation would you fight a demon without arms in our house, or any house for that matter in the human realm?”

Hiei sneered and Kuwabara just glared back at him neither caring for the other’s attitude.

“ENOUGH!!!!!”

Next time on Yu Yu Hakusho:

*Sitting at a news desk *

Hey, everyone this is Koenma speaking well isn’t this chapter a shocker Kuwabara and Hiei together I mean that threw me for a loop.

Kuwabara: what’s that suppose to mean? A guy like me can’t find true love?

Koemna: sure Kuwabara…just not with another guy. Wait no just not with Hiei. Well anyway who is this mysterious woman and what do she want with Hiei?

Kuwabara: Why are you asking me? Don’t you already know?

Koenma: *scratches head nervously* weeelll…. Not really…

Kuwabara: WHAT!?!?! I ONLY SIGNED UP TO DO THIS BECAUSE YOU WERE IN CHARGE!!!!

Koenma: *wrestles Kuwabara beneath the table* shut up you idiot and just read this. *shoves a note into Kuwabara’s hands*

Kuwabara: *sits back in chair, glaring at Koenma* *reading* alright readers this author has absolutely no idea where this story is going and she wants to promise you all that it won‘t be too long, but she‘d be lying. She’s trying the swift and sweet approach. But most likely that’ll get tossed to the wind as well. Further more nor does she know who should be paired with whom so lets just start with Yusuke. Will it be Yusuke/Kurama, Yusuke/Keiko, Yusuke/Botan, or Yusuke/ Koenma?

Koenma: What!?!?! *snatches paper* that wasn’t part of the deal.

Kuwabara: *snatches it back* I wasn’t done. *reading* The first three to agree on the same pairing wins and if she doesn’t get enough reviews that means you’ve left her up to her own devices, and she’ll most likely pick a yaoi pairing.

Koenma: REVIEW DANG YOU REVIEW SO I DON’T END UP WITH THAT BRAT OF A DELINQUENT!!!!

Kuwabara: oh wow really?

Koenma: *turns to glare at Kuwabara* what?

Kuwabara: *clears throat awkwardly* well….

Koenma: What is it!?

Kuwabara: Well…its just that…um…I always thought you played both sides of the fence.

Koenma:WHAT!?!?!

Kuwabara: well anyway folks, will myself and Hiei get through this? I feel like I totally missed something. To find out stay tuned for our next episode of Yu Yu Hakusho: A Bump in the Night Continued. Until next time. Ja!

Koenma: SAVE ME PLEASE AND REVIEW looks up in to the unwavering eyes of her father. "Lord you have promised to be by my side come what may, to be my sword and my shield against the enemy that amasses against me. You have promised me all that you are in exchange for all that I am. However, what should befall me Lord WHEN I fail you WHEN I falter? WHEN I have not proven myself worthy of the things you have promised and delievered WHEN I could not do the same? Will I be discarded Lord, deemed hopeless faithless and forgotten?" The Lord pulls his child into his embrace. "I will always love you. I have tattooed your face on to each of my palms so you will never be forgotten. I gave my only begotten son so that man could be redeemed within the blood of the Lord. All you need do is ask of my forgiveness and you will be forgiven and washed anew and given a new day with which to bask in my light and in my love."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!