Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears ❯ Past Pains ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears
Chapter 5
Past Pains
 
 
 
Yusuke studied the new room, it was one of the many Youko had not bothered to show them. It had spotless white walls and a white tiled floor like so many others, except this on had three neat rows of high-tech computers, maybe, 13 in each row. Leslie sat at the end of the first row, trying to find something about Kiren that could be useful, no luck so far. Youko sat next to her, madly scribbling something on a pad of paper. Every once in a while he'd click something on the computer then go back to writing. Yusuke and Kuwabara stood in the back. Hiei had disappeared to somewhere.
“Any luck yet?” asked Lila, unable to hide the boredom in her voice.
“No, it seems they have deleted anything relative to Kiren's existence,” said Leslie.
“Anything Youko?” called Lila. Youko shook his head.
“Nothing of usefulness,” he said. Lila sighed.
“How do you know it's not useful?” Yusuke asked hotly. Youko turned and gave him a Death Glare.
“I'm over 1,000 years older than you. I think I should know what's useful and not. So screw you,” the fox demon replied, surprising both Yusuke and Kuwabara.
“Umm,” said Leslie, standing. “We'd better go.” She pulled Yusuke and Kuwabara out of the room motioning for Kuronue to follow her; he obeyed. The four waited in a nearby room, Yusuke was too bored to even take in what the room looked like. So when nobody was looking, he snuck back to the room with the computers and cracked open the door just enough to see Youko and Lila. Youko was standing and Lila was sitting on the rim of a chair across from him.
“…I know it hurts,” he heard her say. “You've been through a lot, at night you toss and turn in bed, as if you are burning again. You wake up screaming half the time, and then you treat Yusuke with such coldness. Why? You can't hide from your past forever Youko, one day, it'll find you.”
“I'm not trying to hide,” he said, trying desperately to keep his voice calm. “I didn't tell Riazen because I didn't want to remember, what's wrong with not wanting to remember some things?”
“Youko, nothing is wrong with that! It's okay to not want to forget things that bring pain—”
“I never said it was painful!”
“It's obvious, you bottle the memories up, both of the…mother…fire…and of…” her voice got quieter as she spoke so Yusuke couldn't catch all of the words. Yusuke growled quietly, seeing, or more so, hearing he had lost the most important words.
“Why do you keep reminding me?!” yelled Youko. He took a deep breath to calm himself.
“Because not telling anyone won't help,” Lila said.
“I told you, and look what good it did!” There was a long pause.
“What? You- you,” Youko looked stunned. “You want me to talk to Yusuke?!” She gave him a pleading look. He sighed.
“Please, don't be so cruel to the boy, he has yet to live his life, and I don't want him to turn out like us,” she said. A tear slid down his cheek, he quickly wiped it away before she noticed. Under his breath Yusuke heard him whisper,
“Warriors don't cry…”