Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears ❯ Stupid Memories ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears
Chapter 9
Stupid Memories
 
 
The crowd of demons cheered as piles of sweet fruit and tender meat were served. A woman, a bit over weight walked over to them, she had chestnut brown hair and medium blue eyes, circled by large rimmed glasses. She wore a blossom pink shirt and blue sweat pants, her illusion of a normal human annoyingly flickered every so often. Both Youko and Solo groaned at the same time as she approached.
“Hey,” she said. “I saw you guy's here and decided to come and talk.”
“`Ey Ildi, it's good ta see you. `Ou can always talk to `sm of `yer other old friends, `ey! `Eirs Jim and Carry now!” said Solo. She smirked.
“Still behind on English I see,” she said snidely.
“Hey, Hilda, why are you always on his case?” ordered Youko.
“Hey! I didn't mean to offend anyone!” she cried innocently. She never meant to be a jerk, but she did a pretty good job of it. She took a pitch-black camera out of her colorful purse.
“Now smile!” Solo held his arms in front of his face protectively.
“Stop it! You know I don't like to get `m picture taken!” Solo cried.
“Oh, fine, if you just want to be a baby about it,” she stuck the camera back into her purse.
“Hey Hilda, stop being such a prick,” said Youko, Hilda tried to speak before he interrupted her. “Let me get this through you thick stupid head, NOBODY LIKES YOU!” With that Hilda turned around and left.
“Good one man,” said Solo, slapping Youko on the back playfully. “She `ad that coming.”
“What was that all about?” asked Yusuke.
“That was Hilda, an old `friend' of both mine and Solo's parents well, she has always been real annoying, I just had to give it to her,” explained Youko.
“Do tell,” said Yusuke as him and Solo sat down, waiting for a story.
“Well,” started Youko. “She was always annoying, but it didn't really start to get to me until one day, I was about six years old, a while before, you know, with my mom. Well, she was driving for an hour with us while we dropped my sister off to Beast's Cave; she was doing a report on it.
 
*Flash Back*
 
While we were driving and all was going well for the first thirty seconds until…
“Hilda, can you give me directions to this place?” asked me mom handing Hilda a map. So, Hilda started chattering about this and that and then started to perform some of her poetry,
“Birds are blue and so are you,
The night wind is fast,
It will forever last.” Then we passed a crop field, Hilda suddenly pointed to the left, mother, thinking she meant to turn swerved to the left.
“No, no! I was just pointing out the ear of corn!” cried Hilda. Mother swerved back, narrowly missing a row of bikers. So after that Hilda would be pointing at special things, such as a unique rock or moss on a tree, mother almost killed us five times. Then is when Hilda brought out her camera she was snapping photo's all over the place, the flash nearly blinding us, the whole time pointing and shouting more poetry over the wind whirling loudly into her open window. I was seated right in the middle of my two siblings; Kayla who was looking down towards the floor with her hands over her face to hide the cherry pink blush spreading across her face like how blood spills across the rich dirt of the forest floor. And Josh, who was reacting quite differently, he was tired of slamming into the car door or into me while being choked with the immensely tight seat belt across his waist. His face had turned a lovely shade of tomato red, and his eyes bloodshot. Hilda was now talking about how her dustry (a type of Demon Bird) could chirp the anthem and then she started to imitate it when Josh suddenly yelled,
“Shut up!!!” Hilda however, did not shut up; she merely started to lecture about our manners and how our mother was too soft on us when it came to talking back.
“When I was a little girl—” Josh yelled cutting off Hilda,
“Which was what about 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years ago?!” Now demons live along time but even for a demon this was very old. Hilda never really got over it and we were lectured for the rest of the car ride.
*Flashback ended*
 
“Wow,” said Yusuke “That was bad.”
“`Yeh,” chimed in Solo. “But lets eat before `m stomach explodes and `m insides `n vital organs come spillin' out.”
“Man, you are sick,” said Youko playfully.
“`Tsh, `yer face is sick.”
“What? Is not!”
“Is so!” Yusuke couldn't help but smile as he watched the two demons, thousands of years older than he, bickering like small children. Maybe things weren't going to be so bad after all.