Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears ❯ Friends For Life ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Riazen's Story 2 - Dark Tears
Chapter 10
Friends For Life
 
The rest of the time was great, Solo told stories to all the foxes and us around the fire as we ate. There was singing and dancing, and the drab little forest was filled with life. Yusuke felt good, safe, wanted, and happy for the first time in his life. Not having to watch his back all the time, not having a worry in all three worlds. You couldn't imagine how perfect it was at that moment, an indescribable feeling of hope and happiness filled the air like the sweetest perfume. Who would have though such a wonderful place was hated so much by all of Demon World? Where the coldest soul could be filled with warmth and love. But the night was growing old, and Yusuke found himself reluctantly trudging back to the hideout.
Lila smiled as she watched the three boys walking back to the hideout. They were of Yusuke and Youko, as well as a boy she had never seen before. She welcomed them by hugging both Yusuke and Youko, but not the other because it might feel a little odd and uncomfortable being hugged by a person you had never seen, much less, met before.
 
 
Yusuke's P.O.V
 
 
As soon as we reached her she gave me a hug, I'll never forget the feeling of warmth when she wrapped her arms around me; and the smell of her hair, sweet, like strawberries dipped in sugar. At that moment I felt something, like a bolt of lightning zapping through me. I knew, despite all my doubts, I had to help them, Leslie, Lila, Kuronue, Solo, and Youko…they needed me. We had only known each other for a couple hours and we had already bonded as if we'd known each other for years. This was something stronger than just being battle comrades for the sake of humanity…this was friendship.
 
Angel Of Forgotten Souls: Yah! Finally on to the Double Digits! Sorry if this chapter was short and not as exciting, the next will be about them starting off to get the jewel back. Until next time! (Whew! Three whole chapters in just two days!)