Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ The Fight That Ended It ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24 I DON'T OWN YYH
The Fight That Ended It
 
 
Shouts could be heard miles away as the war raged on. The sides clashed. Youko fought hard, so did everybody else, but their chances weren't good, for every man that fell on their enemy's side two fell on theirs. Red was everywhere. Youko looked to his right and saw Payton stab a demon in the stomach with his sword. Youko suddenly felt a searing pain go through his chest he stumbled back, then felt the same feeling go through his back. He fell on the ground, fighting for consciousness, but soon the darkness over took him…
He awoke in a large white room, beeping sounds made noises all around him. He was on a small white bed with large white bandages wrapped around his wounds. He turned to see a very confused me in the bed next to him.
“Where are we?” I asked having just woke up.
“It appears we are a hospital of some sort,” Youko replied.
“What happened? Did we win?” I demanded. Youko shrugged.
“Miss?” I asked, tapping a nurse walking by. “Did our side win?” She looked confused for a moment before smiling and nodding.
“Yes!” I shouted throwing my arms in the air. “Ouch!” I gripped my stomach. “I got to lay off the excitement for a while,” I mumbled. Just then the doors opened. Payton and Anna walked in. Anna had a bandaged up arm, walked with a limp, and had a line of stitches going down the right side of her face but she was okay. Payton was hardly hurt at all, his shoulder was bandaged up but that was it.
“Hey,” he said as they approached. “Looks like you got hurt pretty bad out there Riazen.”
“Yeah,” I admitted, rubbing my bandaged head. “But Youko got hurt the most.
“Uh huh,” said Payton his face suddenly turning serious. “I saw you go down, some jerk threw his sword at you, it hit your chest and you stumbled back right into another's awaiting sword, the bastards had it all planned out. But don't worry, I avenged you.”
“Lighten up,” said Anna, playfully slapping his good shoulder. “I talked to one of the nurses and she says that we can go whenever we want, so let's go get some freshly cooked veggie vermin, my treat.” They all agreed and left in the following hour.
A while later, I found out my dad had died in the war, but I wasn't too sad, for he never really cared about me, he was never there, I couldn't be sad for someone I didn't even know. So we went back to the palace, Youko, Anna, Payton, and me, where I ruled, as the new king…
Years went by, we four all became the best of friends, after a while, they started living in the castle with me. There were plenty of spare rooms. One summer we decided to stay at a cabin in the Choke Chain Woods without servants. It was a beautiful cabin. The forest around it was green and full of life, birds chirped in song, wild flowers everywhere, and sunlight streaming in through the branches above us. Here is what our usual day is like:
 
6:00 - 6:30 am: Youko gets up and trains alone
6:30 - 8:00: Payton gets up and trains with Youko
8:00 - 8:30: Anna gets up and trains with Payton
8:30 - 9:00: The three take turns showering at separate times
9:00 - 9:20: I get up and train
9:20 - 9:55: Anna makes breakfast
9:55 - 10:20: We eat breakfast
10:20 - 1:00: We all go off and do our own things
1:00 - 1:30: Anna makes lunch
1:30 - 2:30: We eat lunch
2:30 - 4:00: We scout the woods and terrorize low-class demons
4:00 - 5:00: We all train together
5:00 - 6:00: We all do our own things again
6:00 - 6:45: Anna makes dinner
6:45 - 7:30: We eat dinner
7:30 - 9:00: We all sit around talking and laughing and Youko sometimes goes thieving.
9:00 -??:??: We go to bed whenever we feel like it.
 
In all the time us four spent together I couldn't help but notice the huge crush Anna had on Youko, I tried to talk to her about it but she waved it off as nothing, so I didn't mention it again. One day, when Youko was voluntarily helping Anna wash the dishes because she always cooked since us three were horrible at it. Suddenly Anna grabbed Youko by the waist and pulled him towards her. Before he could react she kissed him, Youko instantly yanked her off by her shoulders.
“Anna what are you doing?!” Youko shouted at her.
“I- I…” she stuttered. “I love you Youko, I hoped you felt the same.” Youko sighed.
“Anna,” he said. “I'm sorry, you're a wonderful, caring, and talented girl and everything, but, I'm already saving my heart for somebody.”
“Oh,” said Anna sadly. She pulled away from him. “I'm sorry…she must be beautiful.” Youko nodded.
“As are you Anna, you are a real friend, and you are deserving of only a Lord, and will get the man of your dreams, but I am not him.”
“Thank you,” she said. “I hope you find her.”
“I hope too, but probably not in this life,” said Youko.
A few rooms away, I was listening, I knew he was talking about Lila, his dead mate. I shrugged it off and left to go find some more entertainment in the woods.
It was about 10:00pm when I came back a few hours later; the sight of Anna sitting on the porch, head hanging and her eyes looking sad and regretful greeted me.
“What's wrong?” I asked, afraid of what her answer was to be.
“Payton and Youko got in a big fight,” she said, looking up, the moonlight hit her tear stained face.
“I didn't hear much of it but he mentioned the name `Lila'.”
“Really?” I asked, my heart pounding.
How did he find out about her? I asked myself.
“What did he say?”
“Umm,” Anna thought for a moment. “Payton called her a dirty tramp hooker who deserved to be killed a thousand times. He also said, `The whore should have hooked up with a low class, at least he'd satisfy more than you.' Then Youko got ticked and left saying all hell would freeze over and be turned into an ice rink before he ever came back to give or plea forgiveness.”
“Is that all?” I asked breathlessly.
“Now that I think about it,” Anna said, brushing her fingers against her chin. “I believe he did say something about his salvation.” Now I was very confused.
“What?”
“Payton said, `May the Lord never grant you salvation.' and Youko said, `My sins are to many to ever be saved.'”
After I went inside to talk to Payton he refused to say anything, it didn't matter, I already knew one thing, Youko would never come back.
After Youko left you could never tell he was ever there. Except for the sent of roses hanging in the air, but the smell eventually disappeared. We never saw each other face to face again. I never really knew where he went; a few times I attempted to look for him. But my search failed many times. A while later I got the shocking news that Youko was killed I couldn't believe it.