Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sayonara to Normality! ❯ Shishi's Too Pretty For Ningenkai! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Hmm…I was waiting for the stupid Anti-Virus scan to get done and this idea came into my head, so I decided to write it down, obviously. Also, it's sort of obvious, but this is AU.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, obviously. All I own are my characters and my plot.

********************************************************* *************************************

Spirit World

Shishiwakamaru backed into the rough tree bark behind him. A crowd of demons had assembled angrily in front of him, and he was still slightly injured from the fight against the Uremeshi Team's Masked Fighter.

"What's wrong with you?" snapped one of the demons.

"Yeah!" said another, "We had so much money bet on your team to win!"

Shishi sighed and tried to appear calm, "Well it isn't my fault. I never told you to bet that money."

One of the demons fingered his large club, "You aren't exactly in a position to talk here, pretty boy."

"What can I say? The ladies just can't help but love this face. It certainly beats all of yours," said Shishi, feigning nonchalance.

"We'll just see if they can recognize it after this," said a gigantic green demon covered in hair. He took out a club of his own and swung it at Shishi, who barely managed to dodge it. The other demons followed suit and all started swinging whatever weapons they possessed at him. If it had been one demon, or just a small crowd, this wouldn't have been a problem, but Shishi estimated that there were probably about a hundred and fifty of them attacking him. He had some luck; a few of them knocked each other out, but he couldn't get away from all that were remaining, they closed in on him.

Two swung…three more…another seven now…they were all hitting their mark…twenty two, probably now…oh, they were definitely testing how many people could form a circle directly around such a small being as him…Pain…pain…pain…

********************************************************* *************************************

Earth

Chika Kurusu sighed as she looked around her. She was sitting on a bench in a large park in Tokyo trying to do her homework. But unfortunately, it almost felt too quiet. After holing herself up alone with her 19-year-old sister for several months--in their 'haunted' house, which always had some noise in it--after she'd nearly let that man…but it didn't matter now. She was out, she was free, and she truthfully wanted to go back in and quit school again. Her sister wouldn't care, she was always out getting high or drunk or something like that, and had even told Chika that she didn't need to go back again if she'd didn't want to. After all, she'd said, when you're 16, how much more can you really have to learn?

'I just can't think here,' she thought, packing up her books into her school bag and started walking east, toward the most deserted route back to her house.

As she walked along, caught up in her thoughts, she probably wouldn't have noticed the bloody, bruised man lying unconscious if he'd been along the side of the path. Fortunately for him, it just so happened he wasn't. Chika's foot bumped into something as it plodded along the path, "What the…" she looked down, "AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

********************************************************* *************************************

Earth, several hours later, Chika's house

Pain. That was the last thing Shishiwakamaru remembered feeling. But suddenly, it was much less than before, suddenly, along with the discomfort, he felt somehow soothed, like everything would be fine. Thoughts raced across his mind…Why had the pain lessened so much? Was he dead now? What would he see if he opened his eyes? Did he dare to open his eyes? Yes, he did. And what he saw amazed him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

~Downstairs~

"Seems like your guest's woken up, little sister," remarked Chika's older sister, Leiko as she smoked a cigarette in the kitchen of the Kurusu household while Chika was making some fruit smoothies.

"Oh…he's almost screaming like he's never seen a bedroom before," said Chika in puzzled voice.

"Yeah? Well you better go stop him before he does anything stupid. Desperate people are prone to do stupid things," preached Leiko.

"Uh huh," responded Chika.

~Upstairs~

Shishi looked around the room in an alarmed way. More questions plagued his mind. Where was he? Who's room was this? Why were all these human bands plastered on the walls? Damnit he did look like someone from a boy band…stupid Kuwabara for being right…

Suddenly, the door clicked open, Shishi held his breath and in came…well, it certainly wasn't the hideous monster he'd been expecting, actually, it sort of reminded him of one of his fans, except with peach colored skin.

"Are you all right?" it asked him.

"Who are you?" asked Shishi nastily, 'And what are you? You look like a human, but I couldn't be in…no…I won't believe it! I can't believe it!' he thought, horrified.

"Oh, gomen nasai, sir. My name is Chika Kurusu and I found you injured in the park. What's your name?"

Shishi glared at her, "Shishiwakamaru. What's it to you?"

She giggled, "Shishiwakamaru? How did you get name like that, huh?"

"What's wrong with Shishiwakamaru?" he asked indignantly, holding his head high.

"It's such an odd name, doncha know?"

"Well I think Chika is pretty odd too."

"Obviously. If you grew up somewhere where it was normal to be called 'Shishiwakamaru' you wouldn't have an inkling of normal names, would you?"

Shishi blushed and decided it was time to change the subject before he got the urge to kill this annoying creature, "Well where are we?"

"Tokyo, Japan," she said staring at him blankly, "Where were you when you got knocked out?" she asked.

'Then I'm truly in the human world?! How?! Why should I have to suffer the mortification of being saved by this simple human?! I'm so pretty…'

"A-hem, I did ask you question."

"Oh yeah, well let me ask you one," growled Shishi testily.

"What's that?"

"Got any last requests?" he asked, grabbing her throat.

Her eyes widened, and Shishi was satisfied to see fear in them. She shivered under his touch, "W-why are you doing this?" she asked him quietly.

"You're annoying me, and I don't stand for that."

"But I…but I just saved you," she said, obviously confused.

"You also just annoyed me. Make your point."

Her look suddenly changed from hurt, scared, and confused to outraged. How women could do that, Shishi still wasn't sure to this day, "YOU DON'T JUST KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY PISS YOU OFF A LITTLE BIT!" she screamed, and with what must have been every once of strength she possessed, she threw off his hand and punched him into the stomach. The hit itself wasn't enough to seriously injure him, but the surprise of it knocked him back on to the bed.

Shishi stared at her, suddenly more intrigued about this human female than annoyed, 'I think I'll give this one a bit more time to live.'

********************************************************* ***************

Ah, rather short, but what do you all think?

~TRF