Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sayonara to Normality! ❯ Poor, Poor Suzuki ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu Yu Hakusho (Le sigh). I just own my plot, Chika, Leiko, and any other characters that never made appearances in the canon version of YYH.

Makai

'So Shishi was last seen around here, huh?' thought Suzuki, a rather attractive blond man (who wasn't modest about his looks) as he looked around an area. He had remembered that before they fought the Uremeshi Team, Shishi had said that even on the unlikely chance that they would lose, he wanted to keep the sword he was using. But, alas, Suzuki had just given the sword to that Kazuma Kuwabara fellow and had thought it best to tell Shishi now before the blue-haired pretty boy started bothering him about it. Then he'd heard that a horde of demons had attacked him in the area he was now searching. Apparently, all they would say about the attack was that 'they beat him good', where it had taken place, and that they had dumped him unconscious 'somewhere you would never think to look'.

Suzuki half didn't even want to be out here searching for Shishi after hearing that he was probably dead by now anyway, but he had no real choice in the matter because when Shishi's legions of fangirls had seen him heading out to talk to Kuwabara and that Kurama guy, they had told him that while he was out there, he'd better search for Shishi or ELSE. Fangirls could be very scary when provoked, so Suzuki decided to just do what they asked so no one could get hurt.

"Shishi! Shishiwakamaru!" he yelled, "I'm not going to hurt you! It's me, Suzuki! If you're alive and conscience, give me a sign!" (AN: Ok, ok, I'm not sure if the Uraotogi Team knew Onji was really Suzuki, but they do in this story!).

There was a rustle in some nearby bushes, and Suzuki ran to look. What he saw disappointed him, "Ugh, just some stupid fuzzy animals," he muttered. Then his eyes wandered a little farther towards a tree a few feet away. He noticed that the base of the tree was covered in blood, 'Ouch. Hope that isn't from Shishi…the fangirls will kill me…' he thought of that sticker that humans sometimes put in their rooms. The one that said, 'Can't sleep, clowns will eat me'. He pondered putting a sign that said, 'Can't sleep, fangirls will kill me' on his door.

Earth, Chika's house

"What exactly is the purpose of this…this… 'mopping' thing you're asking me to do?" asked Shishi in an irritated voice. They were in the Kurusu's kitchen. Leiko had left somewhere, mumbling vaguely about 'party' and 'Tori Jinta's house', so Chika and Shishi were left alone. As punishment for earlier, Chika had deemed Shishi well enough to help her with the chores and told him to mop up the kitchen.

Chika gave him a look that said she was as irritated as he was, "You don't know about anything do you? Where did you live before, some house with servants that did everything for you?"

"I happen to have grown up in a poor family! But we still never bothered with any of this 'mopping' crap!" Shishi yelled.

"Did you have a dirt floor or something?" Chika shot back.

"No! Do not mock my family!"

"Well they were dirt poor and named their children strange things like 'Shishiwakamaru'! I'd say they sound like eccentrics who couldn't get a job!"

"I am perfectly capable of killing you and you're making me reach my breaking point!"

"I guess you want to spend the rest of your life in jail, huh?!"

"I wouldn't get sent to jail for killing a pathetic human!"

"You must be eccentric too, like your parents probably were!"

"You're so naïve! Must come from being human, huh?"

Chika stopped, and stared at the man-boy before her long and hard, "You're a human too…" she said slowly, as though speaking to a four-year-old.

"What an insult! I am no human!" hollered Shishi, who at this point didn't care what the human knew about Makai or demons or anything as long as she knew what she was up against.

"Oh then, what does that make you? A high and mighty god?" asked Chika in a voice that clearly said she was being sarcastic.

Shishi scrunched up his nose, "No you human fool! I am a demon! I was injured in the Demon World, Makai, and somehow I ended up in your pitiful human world!"

'Ok, so I'm definitely dealing with a nutcase here. Should I call the police or the asylum or something? But it could be that he's just confused from the blood loss…and it looked like he had a head wound…I think I'll just humor him right now,' Chika thought.

"So…" she began, clearing her throat, "Um, how did you get injured?"

Shishi suddenly looked ready to kill. Whether or not he was a nutcase, Chika could tell she had brought up a sensitive topic.

"Er…just tell me about this demon world then," she said lightly.

"You don't believe me," said Shishi bluntly.

Chika panicked, "Wha?! Eh…no, no, no! I believe you, yus, yus, yus I do! I was only curious!"

Shishi sniffed the air, "It's so easy to smell human emotions. Fear, anxiety, happiness…the scent of one who is deceiving another," he finished, giving her a pointed stare, "It doesn't even matter what type of demon it is. You're all so simple that even the lowest level of demon could figure you out."

"Well how are you supposed to expect me to believe that?" asked Chika brashly.

"I can convince you, yet," Shishi gave her a wicked smile, and Chika gasped at the sight before her.

Makai, Suzuki's Quarters

"Oh why me, why me, why me?!" moaned Suzuki as he pressed his body against the door in a vain attempt to keep THEM out. Of course, by "THEM", he meant the fangirls who were rather…displeased…that he hadn't come back with Shishi.

"…Shishi, Shishi, Shishi! We want Shishi, Shishi, Shishi!" they shouted outside, as they had been doing for the last forty-five minutes when Suzuki had come back to inform them that the only thing he'd found was a bloodstained tree.

'It isn't my problem that he went and got himself killed!' thought Suzuki irritably. He thought of voicing this to the fangirls, but decided that something like that wouldn't be best for his continued health.

Once Suzuki got past the 'Shishi' chant that the majority of the fangirls were doing, he could hear some other ones in the background screaming death threats and saying they would mess up his face. One even screamed that she was Toguro's second cousin three times removed and she could sick both of the brothers on him.

'Ok, if I want to get away, I need to do it now,' thought Suzuki anxiously, 'One…two…three…' and Suzuki bolted from the door, punched through the window in his room and leapt through, falling the amazing distance of…two and a half feet.

'Well that was anti-climactic,' he thought disappointedly, getting up and brushing himself off. He suddenly looked up into the sky and saw a huge burst of energy flying up towards the heavens, 'That's Uremeshi's power, huh?' he thought. He heard a screaming noise behind him and noticed the fangirls bursting into his room and through his window after him, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!"

Earth, Chika's house

"Well then," said Shishi in a satisfied voice, changing back into his more human-like appearance, "I seem to remember someone doubting my story."

"N-no doubts…not anymore," muttered Chika in a terrified voice, 'Why did I have to play 'Good Samaritan' and bring him home from the park? What have I gotten myself into now?'

Well, well, looks like Chika is having doubts about bringing a certain demon home. I dunno why…demonic origin or not, he's still huggable and adorable. *Takes out a Shishi plushy and glomps it*. Oh yeah…and poor, poor Suzuki. I'm glad I'm not his shoes right now. Wouldn't you hate to have to explain to a hoard of raving fangirls that you couldn't find the object of their admiration?

~TRF