Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ The Begining of the Storm ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shades of Gray 2
Author's Notes: Here we go gang another High School A/U; basically the guys are in a band, Kurone is in here too. The girls (Keiko, Botan, and Yukina) are their groupies/girlfriends. Koenma is their manager. Basically there will be singing, no dancing though (lets not go "Grease" now), gang related stuff, some drugs, some drinking, violence (well duh on that), and abuse. Basically the plot the guys have to deal with everything from rival bands to former rival gangs, old flames and family problems. On another note Catterina and Panthera are NOT related in this fic in anyway, shape or form. Also sorry if this starts to resemble in other stories out there as I surely did not mean for it too. Anyways enough talk lets get to the good stuff.
_____________________________________________________________
Hiei took a seat in his classroom and draped his feet on the desktop. He had ten minutes before History Class started; which meant that Nahoe wouldn't be here for another five minutes he hoped that the rest of the gang would get here before then. He had no intention of wanting to deal with the flighty female at the moment.

"You look kinda blue shrimp," said Kuwabara taking a seat beside him slouching in it. "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing," growled Hiei shoving his hands into the pockets of his school pants. "I just hope Nahoe doesn't show up early."

"Ah," said Kurama taking a seat in front of Kuwabara. "I take it she hasn't given up her hopes of capturing your attention?"

"No," scowled Hiei in irritation. "She hasn't and it is starting to annoy me."

"I figure you would have been annoyed by her from the moment she stared to try to seduce you," smirked Kuwabara. "After all you were annoyed with every female that did that to you while we were in the gang. We were starting to wonder if you were straight."

"Watch what you say buffoon," snorted Hiei. "Or I will kick your ass."

"Leave Hiei alone," smirked Kurama slipping his hands into his pockets and crossing his legs. "I am sure he is just waiting for the love of his life to walk straight through that door and take a seat right in front of him."

The three males watched as Yuusuke walked straight through the door and choose the seat in front of Hiei. Kuwabara couldn't stop laughing, while Hiei scowled in irritation and Kurama looked at his hand frowning as if he expected some strange magic to happen.

"Well," said Kurama laughing outloud. "I was going to go for a female but I guess that will do."

"What the hell are you morons talking about?" asked Yuusuke turning in his seat with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing," chorused Kurama and Kuwabara, who was still laughing.

Hiei just snorted and looked like he wanted to kill someone, anyone actually.


"Right," said Yuusuke slowly. "So you guys already know what you are going to wear tonight for the performance?"

"What I normally wear," said Hiei twirling a pencil around his fingers and looking tragically bored.

"So basically you are goin as the Grim Reaper again?" asked Kuwabara.

"Shut up Carrot top," growled Hiei.

Kuwabara smirked and opened his mouth to reply when a female voice joined the conversation.

"My, my, you boys are fighting again I see," said a female taking the only seat near Hiei that was open one behind him.

All four of the males turned to stare at Nahoe a goth wannabe that had died red hair and golden eyes. She wore black clothing on the weekends and heavy make up everyday of the week. She had started trying to be goth when she decided to take an interest in Hiei which had been about two months ago. She was currently wearing a uniform that was one size too small. Hiei cursed under his breathe rolling his eyes heavenward and watched as Keiko walked in and saw the predicament. She flushed slightly in embarrassment and apology when Hiei glared at her.

`Oops sorry,' she mouthed taking a seat next to Yuusuke.

"What have you boys been talking about?" asked Nahoe leaning forward so that her breasts were pronounced by pressing against the desk.

"Our next performance," said Hiei in annoyance.

"Oh really and where are you boys performing?" asked Nahoe.

"Why do you care Nahoe?" asked Keiko raising a curious eyebrow. "Last time I checked you never cared where they performed before. You were too busy hanging with that rich boy, Ecithead."

"Can't a girl change her mind?" asked Nahoe cocking an overly plucked eyebrow.

"Not when she is loose enough," smirked Keiko.

"Are you trying to say I am loose?" asked Nahoe getting to her feet.

"Who's tryin?" asked Keiko staying in her seat and pulling out a book. "After all no point denying the truth is there?"

"Don't you even care that I could kick your ass?" asked Nahoe.

"I doubt that," said Keiko calmly. "I seriously doubt that."

Before Nahoe could start an actually cat fight the bell rang and the rest of the students rushed in and sat down just in time as the teacher strolled through the door. Their teacher was a female with salt and pepper hair pulled into a no nonsense bun and her green eyes stared back at them intelligently from behind her wire rim glasses. She wore black pants and flats and a dark green blouse.

"Alright class," said their teacher, Mrs. Star pushing her glasses up on her nose. "Today you are going to start a new assignment. Don't grown supposedly this is supposed to be a fun project. I want you to take someone your own age and get to know them. They can have the same interests as you, be in this class, be in another school, be a family member of a friend, whatever they only two things that they have to be is a member of the opposite sex and your same age. You will turn in a one paragraph essay after each week for the first few weeks. Then at the end of the two months you will turn in an essay summarizing what you learned about this person and if this person taught you anything and if so what? And if not what did you not learn from them? Is that clear?"

"Yes Mrs. Star," said the class.

The class continued without a hitch and Hiei found himself wondering what was happening with Kurone and the other girls in their class. He hoped it was going better for them then it was for him.
_____________________________________________________________
Kurone stared at the blackboard as the teacher repeated what he had been saying for the past week. His mind began to black out and before he could help it he was fast asleep.

"Kurone," hissed Botan from behind him. "Kurone wake up before the teacher notices."

Yukina looked to the side and noticed that Kurone's head was bobbing slightly. She looked at the teacher and flicked her pencil at his head causing him to snort slightly and jerk awake.

"Huh? What?" he asked blinking.

"Mr. Kurone are you even paying attention?" asked the teacher.

"Yes sir," said Kurone.

"Alright what did I say?" asked the teacher crossing his arms over his chest.

Kurone quickly checked his watch and looked back up at the teacher, "Queen Tiy was the wife of Amenhotep III, she was of humble origin and showed a remarkable influence over the Egypt."

"Very well Kurone," said the teacher. "I will let that pass, for now."

"Thank God," muttered Kurone before falling back asleep much to the dismay of Yukina and Botan.

"Oh well," whispered Botan shaking her head.

Yukina just snickered from behind her hand.
That night____________________________________________________
The band had agreed to meet outside the café, the restaurant would provide them the main equipment but if they needed anything else they would have to bring it themselves. Therefore Hiei brought his own guitar all the males were wearing the same thing, black baggy pants, red sleeveless shirts, and dark brown boots. The girls were wearing black skirts and blouses of varying colors with matching boots.

"Well," said Koenma walking up to them in brown pants and a red button up shirt. "Are you guys ready to make a good impression?"

"Aren't we always?" asked Kurone.

Botan frowned studying her cousin. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing," said Koenma clearing his throat.

"You suck at lying cousin. What the hell are you hiding?"

"All right," said Koenma after a moment. "My aunt told me that there is going to be a talent scout here looking at some bands that are performing. So there might be a small chance that you guys get offered a contract."

"Why didn't you tell us this sooner?" asked Kurama.

"I didn't want you guys to get your hopes up if I told you there was one and you weren't offered a contract."

"Come on Koenma," said Yuusuke slapping him on the back. "Since when have we ever let something hold us down?"

"You're right," said Koenma. "Look just don't get your hopes up or anything. Also try not to get cocky."

"Of course," said Yuusuke. "Come on boys lets rock!"

The boys smirked and flung open the doors walking inside in a group forcing the teenagers on the dance floor of the club to form a path for them. The girls rolled their eyes and followed close behind eager to here there friends and family perform. When the band on the stage finished there song a female in dark clothing with her black hair piled up in several messy buns and dark make up stood on the stage.

"How are ya'll doing tonight?!" she shouted over the roar of approval from the crowd. "Good to know! Now I would like to introduce to you a brand new band called Spirit Waves! Give up everyone!"

The crowd roared in approval as the band walked up on stage and started preparing the instruments. When they finally finished Kuwabara gave the beat and the entire stage filled with music. Then Kurama began to sing.

"I'm so tired of being here," the girls in the crowd began to scream in approval. "Suppressed by all my childish fears/And if you have to leave/I wish that you would just leave/'Cause your presence still lingers here/And it won't leave me alone."

Kurone added his voice to Kurama's, "These wounds won't seem to heal/This pain is just too real/There's just too much that time cannot erase."

Then the entire band began to sing. "When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears/When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears/I held your hand through all of these years/But you still have/All of me."

Hiei started singing next getting hoots of approval from the females, "You used to captivate me/By your resonating light/Now I'm bound by the life you left behind/Your face it haunts/My once pleasant dreams/Your voice it chased away/All the sanity in me."

Yuusuke's voice was added to Hiei's, "These wounds won't seem to heal/This pain is just too real/There's just too much that time cannot erase."

Band: "When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears/When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears/I held your hand through all of these years/But you still have/All of me."

Kuwabara: "I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone/But though you're still with me/I've been alone all along."

Band: "When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears/When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears/I held your hand through all of these years/But you still have/All of me."

The final chord ended and the entire club went insane and as they filled off the girl in black climbed back on stage and took the microphone.

"My, my," she said fanning herself. "Is it just me or are those boys on fire? Come now give it up for Spirit Waves!"

The crowd cheered in approval and before the band could get to their girlfriends and manager they were surrounded by adoring fans asking for autographs.

"Get out of my way!" shouted a familiar voice.

Hiei looked up and groaned as Nahoe made her way through the crowd wearing a skimpy black dress that was practically see through.

"Oh no," he groaned as she latched onto his arm.

"Come on Hiei let's dance!" she shouted pulling him away from the band.

Hiei cast a pleading look at his friends who just looked at him and tried to get through their adoring fans to save their friend. Unfortunately for Nahoe she wasn't watching where she was going and ran into someone.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" demanded Nahoe looking up.

However, nothing left Nahoe's mouth after that as she realized exactly who it was she was speaking to. The woman had black combat boots, black leather pants, and a gold top with left the entire back bare save for the strings holding it against her body. The female regarded Nahoe with cool disdain from her golden eyes. The new comer's black hair was pushed from her face with several small gold combs. She smirked and cracked her knuckles, her golden bracelets twinkling together.

"Let him go Nahoe," she said coldly.

"Cat," whispered Kurone as he and the others made their way through the crowd.

"Hey Kurone," smiled Cat before her face went cold again turning her attention back to Nahoe. "Let him go before I pull out that dyed hair of yours by the roots."

Nahoe glared at her and took a step forward; Catterina however, pulled a switch blade from her boot and pressed it up against Nahoe's neck.

"Back down bitch," she warned.

Nahoe glared at her and stormed away from the group in a huff. The group watched silently as she left and then Catterina turned back to the group and threw her arms around Kurone's neck, sobbing slightly.

"I am so glad to see you again," she whispered.

Kurone smiled and wrapped his arms around Catterina's slender waist and held her tight against him.

"I missed you," he whispered kissing her forehead.

"I missed you too," she said against his chest.

"Come on," said Kurama. "Let's go talk outside."

"Alright," said Kurone leading Catterina outside followed by the rest of the group.

"So," said Kurama the moment the entire group was outside. "What have you been doing?"

"Running with my mom to escape my crazed father," said Catterina threading her fingers with Kurone. "I see you guys finally started that band you were always talking about."

"Yeah," said Koenma. "They did."

"So," said Kuwabara slowly. "What brings you here did your father finally settle down or something."

Catterina remained silent for several minutes and Kuwabara immediately felt sorry he had ever said anything.

"Eh sorry?" he asked looking at her face.

"No," said Catterina. "It's not that."

"Then what is it?" asked Kurone.

"Well," she said slowly. "Dad is kinda dead."

"That's good I guess," said Botan. "I mean isn't it? You don't have to worry about him hurting you or your mother anymore right?"

"That's not what is bothering me," said Catterina. "He's been dead for almost two months."

"Why didn't you return then?!" demanded Kurone.

"Dad didn't die because of natural causes," said Catterina not meeting his eyes.

"Catterina," said Kurama softly. "Who killed your father?"

Catterina didn't say anything instead she looked away and detached herself from the group.

"Catterina," said Yukina gently. "Tell us."

Catterina turned around slowly and stared at them with eyes that suggested torment and despair.

"What is it?" asked Kurone cupping her cheek. "Who killed your father?"